Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Dark Anchors and Spawning Generals

JorsoTor
JorsoTor
Soul Shriven
Going for the "General Executioner" achievement, so I've been farming the dark anchor to the West of Stormhold.

Completed between 14-17 dark anchors and haven't had a single General spawn in yet.

My question is: Is this typical? In your experience, give or take how many anchors can I expect to complete before a General will spawn?

Best Answer

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    General spawns, to my knowledge, are just another thing in the game controlled by RNG. I don't know what is technically considered the exact "drop rate," but in my experience I would usually see a general spawn on average ever 12 dolmens I did. With that said, the fact that you've done 14-17 dolmens without one spawning seems pretty normal.
    Answer ✓
  • MeerkatWarlord
    @JorsoTor

I may be wrong here, but I think General spawns are rare and randomized.

I play on the XBOX ONE

Zanaam-ri - AD Khajiit DPS MagBlade (Grand Master Crafter)
    Haldrion - AD High Elf DPS MagSorc
    Gedryn - EP Dark Elf DPS StamBlade
    Amalene - DC Imperial Stamplar
    Jeebo the Mad - AD Argonian Tank Dragonknight
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found I got better results doing a circuit of all three in a zone rather than just sitting at one. I tended to get a General every 6 or so dolmens doing it that way.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Desommettor
    Desommettor
    ✭✭
    In my experience i have a lot higher general drop rate if i'm the only one completing them. I don't know if its coincidental or not but I also wait until the end to close all 4 pinions.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Pure Coincidence. As verified with Zenimax Developers on the YouTube Show, ESO Live - Episode 24.

There is NO connection between the Pinions and the Named General.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank