Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Anchors and Spawning Generals

JorsoTor
JorsoTor
Soul Shriven
Going for the "General Executioner" achievement, so I've been farming the dark anchor to the West of Stormhold.

Completed between 14-17 dark anchors and haven't had a single General spawn in yet.

My question is: Is this typical? In your experience, give or take how many anchors can I expect to complete before a General will spawn?

Best Answer

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    General spawns, to my knowledge, are just another thing in the game controlled by RNG. I don't know what is technically considered the exact "drop rate," but in my experience I would usually see a general spawn on average ever 12 dolmens I did. With that said, the fact that you've done 14-17 dolmens without one spawning seems pretty normal.
    Answer ✓
  • MeerkatWarlord
    @JorsoTor

I may be wrong here, but I think General spawns are rare and randomized.

I play on the XBOX ONE

Zanaam-ri - AD Khajiit DPS MagBlade (Grand Master Crafter)
    Haldrion - AD High Elf DPS MagSorc
    Gedryn - EP Dark Elf DPS StamBlade
    Amalene - DC Imperial Stamplar
    Jeebo the Mad - AD Argonian Tank Dragonknight
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found I got better results doing a circuit of all three in a zone rather than just sitting at one. I tended to get a General every 6 or so dolmens doing it that way.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Desommettor
    Desommettor
    ✭✭
    In my experience i have a lot higher general drop rate if i'm the only one completing them. I don't know if its coincidental or not but I also wait until the end to close all 4 pinions.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Pure Coincidence. As verified with Zenimax Developers on the YouTube Show, ESO Live - Episode 24.

There is NO connection between the Pinions and the Named General.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank