The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unintentional theft whilst trying to interact with NPC or object

Enigmatic
Enigmatic
✭✭✭
Please can something be done to remove interaction with objects that can be stolen with no confirmation or warning when they are close to an NPC or an object that a player is trying to interact with for a quest or a writ?

Several times now I've unintentionally taken something when trying to:

- Talk to Guild Trader at their stall

- Open chest to deposit writ contents

- Talk to an NPC char to advance a quest

As per my other post, in my experience, not all theft provides an immediate notification of bounty so an unintentional theft can sometimes lead to acquiring a bounty I don't know about. So not only did I steal something I hadn't wanted to, I get trouble from the guards when I'm not expecting it.

Witcher 3 had a similar issue but they fixed the game very quickly to remove interaction with objects when near an NPC. Please can something similar be done with ESO?
Edited by Enigmatic on September 27, 2015 9:32AM