The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUG] Resetting Skill Lines

Joekneisserub17_ESO
Joekneisserub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced the issue of resetting skill lines.

Last night my bow skill level was 38, enough for me to get the snipe skill. Unfortunately, when i tried to acquire the skill it would not actually allow me to get it. When I logged in this morning, my bow skill line was RESET back to skill level 35. I played for the rest of the morning and got my bow skill line back to 38. Again, when i tried to acquire the snipe skill, it would not allow me to gain the ability.

This afternoon i logged back in and AGAIN my skill line in bow was reset back to 35. This cannot be normal.

• Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    There have been some display bugs with skill lines in the past. What usually happens is that your interface displays the wrong amount of experience, normally too much. After you relog the value corrects itsself. You couldn't learn the snipe skill because you were not actually level 38 in the bow skill line.

Keep in mind that it does take a while to level up skill lines. Give it time, observe your progress a couple of days and see if the problem persists.

Oh and disable your Addons should you be playing on PC/MAC. They often screw this things up.
    Edited by Glierhuin on September 27, 2015 3:19PM
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.