The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

ZOS: No plans to gate all campaigns

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ichnaea wrote: »
    My problem has always been the WAY in which you enter IC. Why the hell did they make it a tiny sewer entrance? It shouldn't even be considered a part of Cyrodiil at this point, because it's instanced. It's like saying cyro is pvp1 and IC is pvp2. If they made all but one campaign a gated server (an idea I happen to like), this problem would still exist.

There are bridges around IC with daedric forces on them. Why couldn't these have been cleared and they lead to a district of each respective faction? And by this I mean no doors either. I don't understand why there are doors to each district in IC. For the sake of PVP this doesn't make sense. Bruma is not instanced. Cheydinhal is not instanced. I'm sure you could keep the sewers instanced the way it is...feels more like PVE anyways

This is my same argument for how I think they will finally implement player housing. A house that anyone can buy, it's the same house for everyone on the outside. When you enter said house, it is instanced to your interior. It's just dumb and I know it will happen.

When I heard about IC coming out i figured that ZOS would connect IC to the bridges with the undefeatable daedra:

CHU3zeN.png

I thought we would be able to just walk up those bridges, kill the daedras, and control the districts for our alliances. Something like that but nope, long loading screens was clearly the best decision. /zoslogic

Edited by PainfulFAFA on September 27, 2015 3:44AM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably a question that can't be answered but...does anyone know with any validity if IC is indeed on the same server as the pvp server it's associated with? Any personal experience with cyro lagging, and IC lagging at the same time (I will accept this as validity of sorts)?
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is probably a question that can't be answered but...does anyone know with any validity if IC is indeed on the same server as the pvp server it's associated with? Any personal experience with cyro lagging, and IC lagging at the same time (I will accept this as validity of sorts)?

Different. Anything happening in cyro shouldn't affect IC and vice versa.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If "gated" campaigns mean that DC will have access to the IC as often as we used to have PVP buffs...

THEN MY ANSWER IS NO.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This wouldn't be an issue if IC wasn't a slack attempt at new content for both PVE & PVP.
    PVPers would have no problem fighting for their right to IC.

PVE'rs should have separate content tbh.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem has always been the WAY in which you enter IC. Why the hell did they make it a tiny sewer entrance? It shouldn't even be considered a part of Cyrodiil at this point, because it's instanced. It's like saying cyro is pvp1 and IC is pvp2. If they made all but one campaign a gated server (an idea I happen to like), this problem would still exist.

There are bridges around IC with daedric forces on them. Why couldn't these have been cleared and they lead to a district of each respective faction? And by this I mean no doors either. I don't understand why there are doors to each district in IC. For the sake of PVP this doesn't make sense. Bruma is not instanced. Cheydinhal is not instanced. I'm sure you could keep the sewers instanced the way it is...feels more like PVE anyways

This is my same argument for how I think they will finally implement player housing. A house that anyone can buy, it's the same house for everyone on the outside. When you enter said house, it is instanced to your interior. It's just dumb and I know it will happen.

In Oblivion, you went in and out of the city thru the sewers until you were no longer the wanted criminal from the first scene. Supposedly, this is a salute to that.. never mind that the sewers were on the ISLAND and you had to SWIM ACROSS LAKE RUMARE after exiting them.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If "gated" campaigns mean that DC will have access to the IC as often as we used to have PVP buffs...

THEN MY ANSWER IS NO.
    Ahem...
    Teargrants wrote: »
    All 3 factions are capable of fielding the numbers needed to hold their home keeps during primetime hours. Your faction doesn't have access? Get a group together and begin retaking your home keeps. This is an MMO, and a mass scale pvp one at that. It's designed for large scale group oriented combat. The problem you should actually be complaining about is population imbalance, not gated access, which can be addressed through things like paid faction transfers. ZOS makes money, players get balanced factions, everyone's happy.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought we would be able to just walk up those bridges, kill the daedras, and control the districts for our alliances. Something like that but nope, long loading screens was clearly the best decision. /zoslogic

3 of those that you circled are actually walls. I honestly thought the same thing.
    Darlgon wrote: »
    In Oblivion, you went in and out of the city thru the sewers until you were no longer the wanted criminal from the first scene. Supposedly, this is a salute to that.. never mind that the sewers were on the ISLAND and you had to SWIM ACROSS LAKE RUMARE after exiting them.

If they want to keep this as a salute, that's fine. It honestly would be pretty cool to have that stay the same and go to the sewers, but still implement a way into IC via the bridges as well.
    Teargrants wrote: »
    All 3 factions are capable of fielding the numbers needed to hold their home keeps during primetime hours. Your faction doesn't have access? Get a group together and begin retaking your home keeps. This is an MMO, and a mass scale pvp one at that. It's designed for large scale group oriented combat. The problem you should actually be complaining about is population imbalance, not gated access[/b], which can be addressed through things like paid faction transfers. ZOS makes money, players get balanced factions, everyone's happy.

I like this idea as well only if there was a way to ensure it wasn't abused. Way back in OG Thornblade days, AD reigned supreme, thanks to help from a certain guild (3 letters). Many have speculated why the entire guild rerolled and went EP. Now look at the state of affairs with AD. I guess my point is, what is to stop entire guilds rerolling on a whim for the flavor of the month?
    AD
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea as well only if there was a way to ensure it wasn't abused. Way back in OG Thornblade days, AD reigned supreme, thanks to help from a certain guild (3 letters). Many have speculated why the entire guild rerolled and went EP. Now look at the state of affairs with AD. I guess my point is, what is to stop entire guilds rerolling on a whim for the flavor of the month?
    I don't want to bring this discussion off topic, but it's not really any hush hush secret, DiE rerolled because much of AD disliked them and were openly hostile to them in /zone. That, on top of the fact that most of the major AD guilds refused to cooperate and work together, as well as the pop imbalance at the time favoring AD, led them to reroll. Unforeseen developments led to the guild splitting w/ a number going back to AD.

The power balance shifting from AD to EP wasn't just caused by DiE rerolling, another major AD guild basically dissolved when their leadership quit unexpectedly. At the same time, leadership from a number of EP guilds formed Red Core which helped us a lot w/ factionwide coordination.

To your questions about what stops entire guilds rerolling on a whim? The paid part of paid faction change. Convincing an entire guild's worth of ppl to put down a chunk of money to change faction is not an easy thing. When VE rerolled, we lost more than half our members; that wasn't all 'because of the grind', everybody has friends in their native faction.

And as far as that goes, what do you mean by rerolling 'for the flavor of the month'? You make it sound like different factions get access to different gear. The only difference is the population: how many and how organized they are. This may be news to you, but most of the major pvp guilds are concerned w/ population balance. A number of guilds made it known to us when we were rerolling to DC that they to would be willing to swap factions w/ us to help balance populations - except they couldn't stomach the god-awful vet grind & alliance rank grind. Trust me, if paid faction change every happens, the only guilds you'll see swap faction en mass will be doing it to try and balance the populations.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never said I disagreed with you. I also didn't allude to DiE rerolling was for bad reasons. There is a lot that could be argued about DiE, but that's for another conversation/forum post.

I understand your argument that money would be the limiting factor on faction change. But that would already be on top of the ability to reroll. I agree that population symbiosis is a concern of major pvp guilds but there are those that I feel would use it regardless of detriment... i.e. AD or DC jumping ship. And that's what I mean by "flavor of the month". "AD can't get their **** together, I have money, what the hell. EP here I come!". I've already had friends tell me they were creating new toons that were EP (to which i chastised).

I still think it's a good idea, and I truly would like to see it happen. Just can't say if it would bring stability PVP needs or not.
    Edited by Ichnaea on September 27, 2015 10:44AM
    AD
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Unfortunately I kind of agree with them. Yes, locked campaigns sound cool.. But if someone buys the DLC and can't get on for a week because their alliance isn't doing so well... They would be pissed.

The "War" part of this is meaningless why do to a gated camp PvEers will not be there and that's where the PvPers will be. Fighting PvP and PvE players more targets more AP. Yes it's paid for but your Alliance should have to hold Emperor to get it. Let's be honest each side will just take one server as before with one being the real PvP server but that's better then endless zergs of PvEers flooding a PvP DLC crying that they got ganked and loss their stones.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont worry in 1 year the DLC will be free then it will be gated for all campaigns. Till then we an all PvE in our PvP campaigns.
    What is the point that one campaign is gated an another is not. If you want to go to IC you will just entered a free campaign.
    Edited by Bashev on September 27, 2015 11:59AM
    Because I can!
    Options
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think its a Good and Great thing that there are no plans to gate all campaigns.
    people paid for that content and they damn well diserve it, they dont diserve the stupid forced vent and forced grouping with horrible groups for weeks on end just to get into content they paid real life money for!

Yea PvP Emp can flip in a hour. So what you really mean your alliance of PvEers lack the will to fight in Cyrodiil to open the gates like the plan always was. But this Cyrodiil's PvE update so who cares.

For the King of Argonia
    Options
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Dont see any need for gated campaigns, but have nothing against them. I dont think that ungated campaigns kill pvp. EU Azura has lots of pvp. There will be more pvp when people have done the upgrading they need to do. IC is not a pve zone you can have some very nice pvp especially in the IC districts.

It kills PvP by having one campaign full of PvEer more people to fight will always be the better option of the day for a PvPer.
    My response is simple. I'm a DC (NA PC) player. If they gate all the campaigns, I reroll to EP so I can play.

This is what's wrong with DC, you know your buddies can easily population lock different campaigns right? Why not stop fighting in a campaign with ten blues that makes no sense.

THEN MY ANSWER IS NO.

You know you guys could have not blamed each other for every last single loss. DC zone chat was more toxic them the forums, way sooner and way longer. It's no wonder you spread thin across all campaigns team in one place have herd strength.

For the King of Argonia
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think its a Good and Great thing that there are no plans to gate all campaigns.
    people paid for that content and they damn well diserve it, they dont diserve the stupid forced vent and forced grouping with horrible groups for weeks on end just to get into content they paid real life money for!

Yea PvP Emp can flip in a hour. So what you really mean your alliance of PvEers lack the will to fight in Cyrodiil to open the gates like the plan always was. But this Cyrodiil's PvE update so who cares.

I think the fastest our guild did it was a 35 min flip, actually. And now, with most people who get crowned heading straight into the sewers with their crowning zerg? Wonder if it could happen in less.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My response is simple. I'm a DC (NA PC) player. If they gate all the campaigns, I reroll to EP so I can play.

Right here is the problem. How much PVP can you do if there is no one else but the same faction?

Why the heck would you want dead campaigns for PVP?

Sure, go ahead and reroll to the same faction as everyone else and enjoy the five hour or longer queue.
    Options
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    Only one gated campaign is just a joke.
    People will just go to another campaign to farm IC stuff.

IC itself is actually more fun, when more than one alliance can enter though. I went into IC when only my alliance had access, just to check it out and it was the biggest grindfest I've ever seen. People were just rolling through the sewers, brain afk, having the 4x Tel Var Stones multiplier active and you barely saw any mobs that were still alive.

I really miss the "old" PVP. Right now campaigns are usually either dead (everyone is grinding IC) or a nice laggy zergfest. Small scale PVP outside the city is not that enjoyable anymore, because usually you won't find any.

I cannot understand why people always want everything presented to them on a silver platter without having to do anything for it, but for the sake of pve'ers or anybody else who doesn't want to fight over IC just keep one ungated campaign and make the rest gated to get some fun back into Cyrodiil.

Many people I know are already sick of IC anyways. Once you have all your new gear complete there's not much to do there. In the sewers you PVE and if you get lucky you'll meet some enemies and then you can PVP a bit, but that's it. In the districts you fight the same people over and over again since respawn points are always close by. Moreover you get to enjoy beautiful loading screens :disappointed:
    Options
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right here is the problem. How much PVP can you do if there is no one else but the same faction?

Why the heck would you want dead campaigns for PVP?

Sure, go ahead and reroll to the same faction as everyone else and enjoy the five hour or longer queue.

Their biggest problem is themselves at launch all the Min/maxers all joined AD cause of High Elves and magic being King. DC had a lot of players but zone hate in never planning anything out killed your alliance. We had the same problem but EP pulled it together when the other two alliances were AP farming and looking out for themselves EP started the Red Core.

DC is long over due for damage control, y'all need to make players feel welcomed and help each other out and you wouldn't have problems. More then a few of the people I team up with are people I helped out when they were new buying low level mats and making gear don't take much time from my day but made a lot of difference for other players.