Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New RP Resource - The Mundus Archives

Andarne
Andarne
✭✭✭
Hey folks! I'm resurrecting this project to see if there's any interest in something like this for my fellow RP'ers of ESO. If there's enough attention, I'll see what I can do to bring this to life - finally!

---

Role-players of World of Warcraft, and Lord of the Rings: Online will undoubtedly know of the Argent Archives (http://argentarchives.org/) and its sister, the Laurelin Archives (http://laurelinarchives.org). Both of these websites were created to give RP'ers a space to flesh out their characters, write adventures, organise events in-character, and more. Both of these sites have been operating for over half a decade, and they're still going strong - as are the communities they support.

I was in discussions with Calenon, the webmaster at Laurelin Archives. With his help I've managed to begin ESO's equivalent which, I'm hoping, will be just as successful as its predecessors.
The Mundus Archives

A unique portal where all creative work, planned events and characters are available to the community with ease! Minimal-to-no Out-of-Character content, plenty of in-character adventures.

Planned Features
Account
Individual player accounts are at the heart of both Argent Archives and Laurelin Archives. I intend to make it the same here with comprehensive customisation options.
Details
  • Choose your character's details; name, age, occupation, residence, guild.
  • Dedicated section to describing your character's appearance and personality.
  • Multimedia character biography sheet. Embed background music and pictures.
  • List your character's likes, dislikes, friends and family.
  • Got a favourite quote? Add it to the list!

Design
  • Appearance and biography sections to give your character life!
  • Complete list of *all* your character's adventures.
  • Complete collection of *all* images associated with that character.
  • Show off your Alliance with EP, DC and AD buttons!

Guilds
One of the highlights of AA and LA were the Clan listings. Guilds will be given the same attention as Character sheets, and you'll be able to flesh them out accordingly.
Details
  • List your Guild's website.
  • List when the Guild was founded, and its goals in Tamriel.
  • List your Guild's allies, enemies, as well as recruiting officers and current status.

Design
  • Describe your Guild's history and background.
  • List of members
  • Did you and your Guildmates work together in an Adventure? Link all common stories together as a collection.
  • Images by Guildmates will be collected and tagged for easy viewing.

Adventures, Notices & Events

Role-play events are often well-documented and attended by many, many people. MA will use Adventures to tell tales of individual players. Notices can be added to the billboards in each major city, where you can ask for services or announce in-character events. Events are scheduled meetings of the RP community, and can be repeated weekly, monthly or annually.

Details
  • Create Adventures, like Journal Entries or actual in-game documents. Does your bard have a poem? Write it up here! Or, perhaps, write a Story which *actually* happened in-game.
  • Put up buying, selling notices on a city's Notice Board. Advertise your Guild or services. Seek out fellow adventurers for a quest, or announce an upcoming event.
  • Schedule an event to take place with repeating intervals. Link audio, video or Adventures to these Events.

Development Updates

Initial Phase State
I'll try and update this as/when I update the project or website. Currently, my main priority is getting everything sorted for pre-application. Gathering resources, registering names, and designing the site in Photoshop are 1. Once I have all of these sorted I shall be moving into creating the 'physical' site online. After extensive testing (with a small group of people), the site will go public. This process is expected to **take some time**. All things are subject to change.

Images
7nvniph.jpg
Main Page Mock

Mph8APm.jpg
Character Page Mock

nuoLixb.jpg
News Archive Mock

B1AplYY.jpg
Event Page Mock

dEn7lSK.jpg
Guild Page Mock

Qog3YSz.jpg
Gallery Page Mock
Edited by Andarne on September 24, 2015 12:17AM
Andarne [PC-EU]
Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been a casual role-player, one who periodically behaves in character rather than consistently or at certain occasions. My characters are amorphous thoughts and feelings in my head, lacking the words to make them concrete and definable to others.

This site will help me define imagination.
    I am in support.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep us updated please. I very well may use this website.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • lahnaboy
    lahnaboy
    Looks awesome. I really want to be part of this project. Good job indeed.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks really good! Best of luck with the project, and yes, keep us updated!
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds pretty darn awesome. Definitely keep us in the loop, I'd love to have a resource like this.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Buglet
    Buglet
    Yes, please! This is so needed!
  • DarthSeverus394
    It just might end my life...but yes please gift this to us so we may nerd out!
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, this looks absolutely fantastic! I think RPers would love you forever if you created this.

I'd be super happy to promote it on my ESO RP show on Youtube if you'd be interested, Cacophony!
  • Andarne
    Andarne
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, this looks absolutely fantastic! I think RPers would love you forever if you created this.

I'd be super happy to promote it on my ESO RP show on Youtube if you'd be interested, Cacophony!

Thanks for the feedback!

I'd love for it to be featued. The more attention, the bigger the drive I'll have to complete this.

Also, I've changed my in-game name back to @AndarneESO - forum name will be changed too, I hope. :P
    Andarne [PC-EU]
    Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
    ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    I'll keep an eye on this thread but feel free to hit me up with updates so I can put you on the show ASAP!
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    is this for eso or wow?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons