Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faster Bar Swapping

Caff32
Caff32
✭✭✭✭
I'm on the Xbox One console. Are there settings that I can change that will speed up my bar swapping? I'm frustrated because I hit the button to swap but it's always seems delayed.
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    On the PS4 you can change the setting therefore I can not see any reason why you would not be able to on the xbox, it will just saves time moving fingers to another part of the control. Lag can sometimes cause a slight delay in the swapping of bars.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    OP, ZoS does not offer an in game function to remap buttons right now... not sure why... taking your hand off of the thumb sticks to use the d-pad to switch bars is horrible / gawd awful idea... especially in the heat of battle or worse, in a pvp fight.

On PS4, we have a system setting screen that allows us to override button controls (for all games) on our controllers. So, I remap the default "D-pad selection to swap bars / weapons" over to "R3". That allows me to to keep my fingers on the sticks during combat. It makes things SO much better.

On the Xbox One, the only thing I can think of for you guys until a system update is out, is to use a hardware override. I think there's Elite Controllers out there which have a hefty 90-150 price tag on them, but allow you to order controllers with dip switches that remap the putton pushes to change what is being sent at a hardware level.

Something like this may be of interest:
    http://geniusmods.com/xbox-one-button-remap-controller.html

Good luck bud,
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do animation cancelling. Hit swap button then block right after.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]