Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My magicka dps DK goes oom too soon

ragespell
ragespell
✭✭✭
Hi guys,
as title says.
My spam ability is Molten Whip, and I have everything dumped on magicka. Potions and ultimates are not enough to keep me going.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english
  • danew6
    danew6
    ✭✭✭
    Your problem is you want to play the way you want to play but Zos wants you to play their way so you have to completely restructure your character and find a new ability to spam until they nerf that one and then you start back at square one again. Hope this helps.
    Play on PS4 I do like the game, I just feel it could be a lot better and would like to feel like the devolpers actually care about the game and not just making money
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danew6 wrote: »
    Your problem is you want to play the way you want to play but Zos wants you to play their way so you have to completely restructure your character and find a new ability to spam until they nerf that one and then you start back at square one again. Hope this helps.

Lol okay.
    ragespell wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    as title says.
    My spam ability is Molten Whip, and I have everything dumped on magicka. Potions and ultimates are not enough to keep me going.

What am I doing wrong?

Try using drinks instead of food, CP into reduced cost and increased regen, magicka cost recution on jewelry. Adjust your stats until it works for you.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    danew6 wrote: »

Lol okay.
    ragespell wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    as title says.

What am I doing wrong?

Try using drinks instead of food, CP into reduced cost and increased regen, magicka cost recution on jewelry. Adjust your stats until it works for you.

I have 480 CP and everything dumped on regen and cost reduction. I have cost reduction jewelry.
    The only thing I don't use are drinks. Without food my hp are too low :(

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at your gear : you've probably gone all for spell power.

Swap one spell power for 1 magicka regen.

Did the trick for me (I went from 4 martial knowledge / 3 arcane willpower (1 regen, 2 sepll dmg) / 2 Torug / 2 Nerien'eth => to 5 Magnus / 3 arcane willpower / 1 Molag Kena / 2 Torug). Works wonders. And it's VR16 and nearly all crafted (more flexible and available without grinding if you can afford the mats).
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 22, 2015 4:26PM
  • ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Look at your gear : you've probably gone all for spell power.

Swap one spell power for 1 magicka regen.

Did the trick for me (I went from 4 martial knowledge / 3 arcane willpower (1 regen, 2 sepll dmg) / 2 Torug / 2 Nerien'eth => to 5 Magnus / 3 arcane willpower / 1 Molag Kena / 2 Torug). Works wonders. And it's VR16 and nearly all crafted (more flexible and available without grinding if you can afford the mats).

I will try. Thank you :)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Also make sure you aren't just spamming spells. Weave in some weapon attacks, so that your magicka has time to regen.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    :) Are you using a Restoration Staff? Have a look at the Restoration Staff if you haven't and build to "Circle of Life". Then use Heavy attacks with it every so often. It was the only solution for Templars "back in the day" when they suffered from poorly sustained abilities.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread