Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyordiil Legendary Tel'Var Equipment Best Equipment? (Pay-to-Win?)

darkspyro92_ESO
darkspyro92_ESO
✭✭✭
So I haven't played Cyrodiil or gotten to V14 to play those legendary dungeons or w/e they're called (such as the one with the constellation characters [I don't remember all the terms <_<]), but the way that Bethesda worded it, in my opinion, sounds like the Tel'Var equipment is better than all the other equipment in the game. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

Either way I don't want to play Cyrodiil since I just honestly don't like PvP (and never have), and prefer to play PvE, but I got it as an ESO Plus member so I'd like to know if I will have to play it if I want to get some of the best gear. It would be very disappointing if that was true. Essentially this would mean it sounds P2W, and that the PvP gear is better than PvE gear. I was hoping this game would give me my balance. I'm still hoping that it is balanced enough.
Argonians always and forever.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new set pieces available for purchase with Tel Var stones are really not the "best", in my opinion. Many of the old sets, such as Martial Knowledge are still better if improved to Gold. You can also just craft sets up to Vet16 and, bonus, you can get the Willpower, Agility, and Endurance three piece sets from ANY dungeon, normal or vet.
    N64 NA EP
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The new set pieces available for purchase with Tel Var stones are really not the "best", in my opinion. Many of the old sets, such as Martial Knowledge are still better if improved to Gold. You can also just craft sets up to Vet16 and, bonus, you can get the Willpower, Agility, and Endurance three piece sets from ANY dungeon, normal or vet.

So either way, everyone can get the best gear, DLC or not? I like that. My hope is renewed.

Also, how the hell did I italicize my post if I didn't do the BBCode for it? o_O
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tel Var gear is nothing special, especially if you are a pure PvE player. You can get good gear from the trophy vaults in IC, but that gear can also drop in the existing PvE dungeons, or be bought from guild traders. The new PvE dungeons in IC have some nice gear, but the drop rates are very, very low. Nonetheless, that is purely PvE content that you can grind. If you really do want nothing to do with PvP, you can still get geared up very nicely via PvE.

Edit: While the new dungeons have entrances in Imperial City, you don't have to PvP to reach them. You can just travel directly to them. Kind of like how you can travel directly to Spindleclutch. You don't have to start in Daggerfall and fight all the way through Glenumbra to run Spindleclutch.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on September 22, 2015 3:47AM
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    The Tel Var gear is nothing special, especially if you are a pure PvE player. You can get good gear from the trophy vaults in IC, but that gear can also drop in the existing PvE dungeons, or be bought from guild traders. The new PvE dungeons in IC have some nice gear, but the drop rates are very, very low. Nonetheless, that is purely PvE content that you can grind. If you really do want nothing to do with PvP, you can still get geared up very nicely via PvE.

Alright, cool. And what about the new racial style? My goal is to become a master craftsman, and that includes getting all the styles. I'm just logging back into ESO now after a while break, and will check if the style is in the Crowns store. I'm guessing the style will only drop in Cyrodiil, though? The name sounds like a Daedric style.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright, cool. And what about the new racial style? My goal is to become a master craftsman, and that includes getting all the styles. I'm just logging back into ESO now after a while break, and will check if the style is in the Crowns store. I'm guessing the style will only drop in Cyrodiil, though? The name sounds like a Daedric style.

The Xivkyn (aka Imperial Daedric) style I have honestly only seen drop in Imperial City. But you can buy it in guild stores. The new Glass motif, inversely, I have never seen drop in Imperial City. Only as writ rewards in PvE Craglorn. You'll likely eventually end up with duplicate Glass motifs and could sell or trade to get Xivkyn motifs.
  • darkspyro92_ESO
    darkspyro92_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The Xivkyn (aka Imperial Daedric) style I have honestly only seen drop in Imperial City. But you can buy it in guild stores. The new Glass motif, inversely, I have never seen drop in Imperial City. Only as writ rewards in PvE Craglorn. You'll likely eventually end up with duplicate Glass motifs and could sell or trade to get Xivkyn motifs.

Alright, thanks.