Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodil Wait time queue... Sat/Sun, 9/19-9/20/15 achieved rediculous levels. Is there a better way?

tactica
tactica
✭✭✭
I don't do the Imperial City thing. I just wanted to hop into Cyrodil to do dailies to level up some toons. OMG, the wait time this past weekend was absurd.

I'm part of Thornblade, PS4, Ebonhart. Saturday I tried to hop in around noon... I think I got in around 4 PM finally??? When I entered the Queue, I was position 340 or something... I have forgotten, but I just couldn't believe it. I went and worked on caldwell gold and finished one whole zone - with all the delves and skyshards, fished, ran my provisioning and smithing writs, searched for some mat's... merchandised a few times... crafted a new set of armor and still had time to kill.. so I decided to go cruise around all the various aldemeri locations I hadn't unlocked in my caldwell gold area... OMG, this was crazy. When I finally received the notice to join, I was a bit surprised, and frankly, contemplating whether it would be worthwhile.

I'm glad i jumped in. I ran into some good folks in cracked wood cave. We ended up doing some dailies and they showed me a few things about cyrodil dailies I hadn't known. Always good to meet some new folks who you can do vet dungeons with.

A buddy of mine popped on, but there was no way to get him into the campaign with us...he too had an over 300 queue wait time. It was just sad...

In hinsight, I'm wondering if we did something wrong. Did we miss something? Was there an easier way for me to join my campaign? Was there an easier way for me to get my buddy in with us after we were already gaming?

He even looked at another campaign and all waits were 130 to over 300...

This Imperial City thing is just a mess for joining Cyrodil right now. I seriously wish they would figure out a way to make joining IC it's own instanced play space, and leave that queue seperate from Cyrodil. I like being able to do quests, skyshards, lorebooks and delves in Cyrodil... folks that want to do the PvP thing in IC should definitely have that access, but no reason why the queues for both need to be overlapping and a resource drain on both locations... seems like they could have thought that through better.

Anyway, just in case I am missing something, I'm posting here.

We did find someone on a friend of a friends list who was in a lower group queue position for cyrodil, and had been waiting for some time... we got him to invite my budde, and then my budde was fast tracked to the front of the line so to speak. That took his wait time down from queue position 300 to position 20 with the group and he was in much faster... but, that was luck of the draw that someone else was already waiting, and already had a queue up... something tells me that's not going to be the norm.

If we are not doing anything wrong, I hope ZoS has a solution for this soon.
NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
Knowledge is Power