Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gear question!

ku5h
ku5h
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I am planning to replace my 4 pcs of v14 Martial knowledge (hands, belt, shoes, legs) for 4 pcs of v16 crafted (Magnus or Eyes of Maru). My question is, before spending a LOT of cash for it, will it increase my dps or lower it, and how much? Taking into consideration i can apply v16 glyphs to crafted gear, but Martial knowledge gives more spell dmg.
If anyone did test this, would appreciate the feedback!

Edited by ku5h on September 21, 2015 3:52PM
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't hit VR16 yet, but it is my that everything under V16 got nerfed somewhat in order for the stat bonuses for V16 gear to be superior. It sounds like alot of people crafted V16 gear (Like you are planning to do) while they are grinding for other V16 gear drops in IC, as opposed to keeping their outdated VR14 sets.

I doubt you will necessarily increase your dps just by swapping out these four pieces. I am not sure what else you were running, but you will most likely be able to get your DPS higher if you go 4 pieces Eyes of Mara AND 4 Pieces of Magnus at V16.

I think the biggest factor increasing DPS will be upgrading your weapon to V16. And also working at obtaining Willpower Jewelry Sets, though this is a serious grind and/or very expensive to buy atm.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have willpower jewlery and Turog pact v16 weapons (destro staff, and 2swords). That Magnus and Eyes of Maru combo seems to be quit nice, since i saw it mentioned multiple times. My original idea was Nerien'eth head and shoulders, turogs chest, and replacing 4 knowledge for v16 Magnus. Or maybe this combo 5x Kagrenac's Hope, Molag Kena shoulders and 1Turogs chest+ willpower jewlery and Turog pact v16 weapons.
    Edited by ku5h on September 21, 2015 10:49PM