The Belkarth Acrobats
is a guild for characters who like to impress others with their skills of agility and precision movements. There are two divisions: mundane and magical. Mundane acrobats rely primarily on physical coordination, high jumping, and accurate leaping. Magical acrobats depend mostly on very precise castings of the streak spell. There is, of course, some overlap: magical acrobats do need to leap from pole to pole or climb a pile of rocks once in a while.
Although the test of worthiness for mundane acrobats has yet to be determined, a test for magical Belkarth acrobats already exists. Here it is.Area of Test:
The Belkarth Plaza.Requirement:
Complete the course in time (about 2 minutes) and without touching the ground.
1. Beginning on the ground behind the pack seller's stall, hop to the top of the awning. If you misjudge the jump and fall off, just start over.
2. Within 10 seconds of reaching the top of the pack seller's stall, streak to the top of the lamp post south of the fountain pool.
3. Within 10 seconds of reaching the top of the lamp post south of the fountain pool, streak to the top of the lamp post northeast of the fountain pool.
4. Within 10 seconds of reaching the top of the lamp post northeast of the fountain pool, streak to the top of the lamp post between Dragontail Outfitters and Wagon Wheel Weavers.
5. Within 10 seconds of reaching the top of the lamp post between Dragontail Outfitters and Wagon Wheel Weavers, streak to the top of the sign for Swift Carriage Mercantile. Adjust your position on the sign.
6. Within one minute of arriving on top of the sign for Swift Carriage Mercantile, streak to the lamp post on the northeast side of the arch near the plaza entrance.
7. Within 10 seconds of arriving on the lamp post's cross bar, hop over the lamp post top to stand on the side of the cross bar nearest the plaza entrance.
8. Begin playing your LUTE. This signals the end of the test.
Persons interested in joining The Belkarth Acrobats
may send in-game mail to @Brendalyn
. The guild needs an officer skilled in mundane acrobatics who can devise a suitable test of worthiness for members who, lacking magical translocation abilities, hope to excel as mundane acrobats.
"Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
"Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
"I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
"A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
"Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
"Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.