Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there anything in Imperial City for the solo casual player?

DirtyDubs
DirtyDubs
✭✭
Just picked up Imperial City (had the crowns and don't care about vanity items, pets etc). I have 3 characters, one in the 30's and the other two in the teens. Even though I got it at console launch I only play the game casually and solo. Have no interest in joining guilds or grouping as I'm happy with the solo PvE side of things. I picked up IC to if there was a decent story and quest lines to follow.

So I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time with IC? In the sewers I went around the first corner and found 4 cultists. Could do very little damage and they killed me fast. Then went directly to the city, found some skeletons and they killed me fast. So if you want to play IC solo and explore the city do you have to be a veteran? I'm unlikely to put the time in to get to veteran.
Edited by DirtyDubs on September 19, 2015 5:08PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DirtyDubs wrote: »
    Just picked up Imperial City (had the crowns and don't care about vanity items, pets etc). I have 3 characters, one in the 30's and the other two in the teens. Even though I got it at console launch I only play the game casually and solo. Have no interest in joining guilds or grouping as I'm happy with the solo PvE side of things. I picked up IC to if there was a decent story and quest lines to follow.

So I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time with IC? In the sewers I went around the first corner and found 4 cultists. Could do very little damage and they killed me fast. Then went directly to the city, found some skeletons and they killed me fast. So if you want to play IC solo and explore the city do you have to be a veteran? I'm unlikely to put the time in to get to veteran.

Even veteran solo players will have a hard time of it in Imperial City. It is group PvP content with the Daedra and monsters just there to add spice to the PvP encounters. Or maybe getting attacked by enemy players is there to add spice to the Daedra-killing? It is not solo content in any way. The next DLC coming in a couple months, Orsinium, will be more solo-friendly.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the districts and sewers are possible solo if you learn the mobs and their mechanics. I completed the arena district arena with another player, a templar, but I don't think that's possible solo. There are roaming bosses with 2.5m hp and they're not possible solo. The dolmens might be possible solo if you had a tanky build with lots of aoe but I can't solo them. Everything else is challenging but possible solo.

CC the melee mobs and take out the casters and bows first. Stun, aoe, block white sparks, bash red sparks, don't stand in the red etc. There are areas where agro'ing just one mob will call all the surrounding mobs to their aid so you end up overwhelmed, but if you take out the surrounding mobs first then this doesn't happen. I believe anything with 600k hp or less is soloable but you need to avoid causing chaos, try to keep your encounters to no more than 3 at a time if possible, and use ultimates as soon as you can.

Of course playing solo like this leave you easy pickings for gankers who want your stones, but there's not much you can do about this aside from choosing a campaign dominated by your faction.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 19, 2015 5:48PM
    PC | EU
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    Cheers for the feedback guys.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you already know this but just in case (since you mentioned to mostly do solo PvE):

Make sure you are running in a non-Veteran Campaign, that will make it more likely you are able to solo the mobs and also help prevent you from running into players who massively out-level you with regard to skill and champion points.

Another suggestion might be to come back to Imperial City once the newness has worn off a bit and there are less players waiting around every corner to gank you.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh,,,. DOES ANYONE research their games before they ask questions and spend money?

This is from a press release on IC from back in early July. And I have posted it four times today already.

Sorry OP..

ZoS version:
    ZoS wrote:
    The dangers of Imperial City and the Sewers below are best suited for small groups of adventurers, but highly skilled warriors have been known to strike out on their own. While exploring and fighting your way through the Imperial City, be prepared to face not only Molag Bal's forces, but also enemy players from the opposing alliances.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/07/15/imperial-city-launch-details.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am now full legendary vr16 geared and have the new ring sets. Still its some hard to fight the mobs alone, but possible. What I like about IC is that it doesn't work to be a glass cannon. I never liked glass cannons either. I have been doing some solo playes lately and it is hard of course but it works. I have many times got home and banked over 1k stones when going solo, and its really fun if you are able to take 3v1 or 2v1.
    But sneaking is really important when solo and have a good overview over the loation you are at.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    Was waiting for this kind of 'know it all' troll post. Always happens :) My post could be considered researching as I'm asking questions and like I said I didn't spend money as i had the crowns sitting there doing nothing.

"best suited for small groups of adventurers" - So a group of 2 level 10's will be fine?
    "highly skilled warriors have been known to strike out on their own" - Are veterans the only ones that are highly skilled? Could you not be a highly skilled level 6 or is having 70 skill points at level 30 highly skilled?

Your post was uninformative and argumentative. Thanks to the other constructive contributors to the post.

"And I have posted it four times today already." - Good for you :)
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Sigh,,,. DOES ANYONE research their games before they ask questions and spend money?

This is from a press release on IC from back in early July. And I have posted it four times today already.

Sorry OP..

ZoS version:
    ZoS wrote:
    The dangers of Imperial City and the Sewers below are best suited for small groups of adventurers, but highly skilled warriors have been known to strike out on their own. While exploring and fighting your way through the Imperial City, be prepared to face not only Molag Bal's forces, but also enemy players from the opposing alliances.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/07/15/imperial-city-launch-details.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now full legendary vr16 geared and have the new ring sets. Still its some hard to fight the mobs alone, but possible. What I like about IC is that it doesn't work to be a glass cannon. I never liked glass cannons either. I have been doing some solo playes lately and it is hard of course but it works. I have many times got home and banked over 1k stones when going solo, and its really fun if you are able to take 3v1 or 2v1.
    But sneaking is really important when solo and have a good overview over the loation you are at.

I feel as if the min hp required has gone up as well, was around 20k in 1.6 so you never got 1 hit sniped or something but now most bosses and some mobs hit anywhere from 18-22k so it seems like 25k is a good place to be at right now.

Or 35k hp if your battle leveled xD
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... No. I wish it was casual solo friendly, but it isn't. I feel the pain.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • DovresMalven
    DovresMalven
    ✭✭✭
    The main quest is really awesome as far as writing goes, but you'll need to join some groups for parts of it.
    Dovres Malven
    - Aldmeri Dominion
  • DovresMalven
    DovresMalven
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Sorry OP..

ZoS version:
    ZoS wrote:

They should invest in their grouping tool then...
    Dovres Malven
    - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    the Daedra and monsters just there to add spice

Please don't ever cook for me

:P