Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Glass & Xivkyn requirements are over the top - ZoS can keep it (similar to Robyn Williams Golf!)

• Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    tactica wrote: »
    I'm one fragment away from Psijic Ambrosia (need #V still after months of that effort on 3 toons)...

A SINGLE fragment *MIGHT* come from a Writ < 10% chance drop

On sentence one: It has been 102 days since the advent of Psijic Ambrosia on PC, the odds appear to be 1 in 35 for me but they might actually be as high as 1 in 100 for RI6 provisioning writs in Craglorn :)

On sentence two: The original release date on PC was August 31st or 24 days ago. I have done 77 equipment writs and picked up 8 glass fragments so the odds appear to be approximately 1 in 9. I guess that I might have a page in 9 days if I am lucky ;)

Of course this is all personal experience :)
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good farmers already have completed Xivkyn. Bests just hitted the glass one. If it should be the hardest one, it's not so hard.

Xivkyn is only < 20k in EU, except for 3/4 parts, wait a bit, and they'll all be at 15k in a month or two.

For glass, it will remain the hardest one with always on the top selling prices, I guess.
    Edited by Ayantir on September 24, 2015 1:05AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the funny part of it all is:

nobody actually says you have to have it all, thats on you

for me, yeah I want them all, but hey im more then willing to (read play) not work for it, I have fun with friends while doing so, and hey I dont need it tomorrow, Ill get it eventfully.

why some people think they need everything the 1st day a new update comes out beats me, esp when the same people then comes on the forums and rant about lack of content.

double edge sword
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    why some people think they need everything the 1st day a new update comes out beats me, esp when the same people then comes on the forums and rant about lack of content.

Its very simple... if I want to have VR16 gear on Glass, I must get it, otherwise I would need to craft new gear twice.

And yes, acquiring glass style is incredibly grindy, I agree its over the top, but, if you really want it and have the resources, you'll get it. I know already a bunch of crafters that have completed the achievement (myself included, at 09/19/2015), so while hard, not impossible. If you are unable to get the piece you want in glass, ask a Glass Crafter to do it for you.
    Edited by Hyperplexed on September 24, 2015 9:56AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it.

It's a rare style for those who craft a lot. I think it should be difficult to obtain.

I have 4 fragments. Only one toon is doing writs.

4 fragments from about 18 writs (not enough mats to do all 3 each day). So it isn't even that hard. As long as you craft.

I imagine a few weeks from now, I'll have my first glass item.

It gives incentives to writs since nirhoned has taken a nose dive.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's meant to keep you grinding to buy them some time. Just quit.

rip decibel
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just put glass in the crown store. Get your wallets out.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so ended the only meaningful crafting task. Just bought the motif from store.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    And so ended the only meaningful crafting task. Just bought the motif from store.

Oh no my friend, your "task" is far from over... have you tried to create a full set of armor yet?

That was only phase one... your *task* has just begun!!

Now, go collect some Malachite shards... (well, you could buy those too I suppose...)

LMAO

NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactica wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »

Oh no my friend, your "task" is far from over... have you tried to create a full set of armor yet?

That was only phase one... your *task* has just begun!!

Now, go collect some Malachite shards... (well, you could buy those too I suppose...)

LMAO
    Usually other players go and collect them for me to craft their sets :mrgreen: . Anyway, i agree these grinds on top of each other are rather dull. Especially because they bring nothing new to crafting, just more of the same.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick correction. The Merethic restoration stuff only costs 10k...

Do you even craft bro? :P
  • SaltyWorley
    Someone already mentioned this, but I think the intent is to incentivize guilds and group collection efforts. They're clearly and specifically creating an advantage/incentive to operate in groups/guilds. Look at fishing - being in a group ups your rare fish chances. It's the same with the new crafting items. The more people you have looking, the quicker you can get them, and you only need one person with the skills to produce the crafted items.

As an example, for Psijic Ambrosia, my guild donated all of the fragments to one person, with dupes going to a second person. That way, instead of seven people each having one fragment, we had one person with seven fragments. That person produces all of the Psijic Ambrosia, and as we collect more fragments, more people can produce it. Much faster to get one person the crafting ability than a bunch of people, and everyone benefits since they can give that one person perfect roe/bervez juice/frost mirriam and get a Psijic Ambrosia back.

The same applies to all of the new items. Unless I'm missing something, you can do the same. The glass motif fragments/chapters/books and malachite shards are all tradeable. Everyone in your guild should be collecting the things required to produce glass armor and giving them to one person. That person will get the ability to craft glass more quickly than if they went at it alone. Everyone can then collect the mats needed to produce glass and have your chosen person craft glass items for everyone else. Many hands make light work.

That's the answer. It requires trust, so make sure you're in a good guild where people aren't just going to take everything and then leave. Much faster than going at it alone. And that's perfectly fair. That's how the world works. If you want to build a house yourself, it'd take a long time. If you have a team of 20 people, it gets done much faster.
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a grindfest. That is why they made it. To slow people down and have them do mindless stuff until they provide more content.
    Look at IC, it's nice and shiny! That's great but as a person that does not PVP very much, I don't intend to spend much time there except if the guild needs help. Does it add much to those that don't PVP? No, so here is something you can do until we provide you with something.

It's how MMO's work.
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Quick correction. The Merethic restoration stuff only costs 10k...

Do you even craft bro? :P

PTS 25K, got lowered to 10K in implementation... w/e... the fact that it costs anything is kind of absurd, and more the point...

However, your jab received.

Good shot. :)
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    KraziJoe wrote: »
    It's just a grindfest. That is why they made it. To slow people down and have them do mindless stuff until they provide more content.
    Look at IC, it's nice and shiny! That's great but as a person that does not PVP very much, I don't intend to spend much time there except if the guild needs help. Does it add much to those that don't PVP? No, so here is something you can do until we provide you with something.

It's how MMO's work.

People also tend to complain that there's low rewards for doing equipment writs compared to how much material they use up. This is just a bonus to that which attracts some people to use it more often.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    @OP. Totally agree. I stopped worrying about motifs after Dwemer. They just started leaving a bad taste in my mouth. ZOS is off their rocker with these.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was actually looking forward to working at getting the glass armour motif, I'd have counted it a personal achievement as being so difficult and rare makes it somewhat unique but since it's now in the crown store after only a few weeks it's kinda "meh".
    I won't be buying it with crowns and won't bother working towards getting it ingame either, this pay to win microtransction BS really puts me off being a customer of any future zenimax developments.
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I've made some glass armour and if you're wanting anything but heavy I say you might as well go for a different style. The light and medium are just meh.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem on what they did with these armors. Its not like these give you any special benefit for having them aside from looking cool. Either spend the real money when they hit the store or just grind or it. I have no reason to go after this gear, most end game stuff looks like crap anyways. I might consider going for it once they let us choose the look on the end game tiers materials to look like the previous tiers that look better on the armor and weapons.