Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is a good medium armor set for leveling?

t.s.lane93ub17_ESO
I'm playing a nightblade using dual wield and bow.
I use the seducer set on my dk mage and was wondering if there is a set that gives similar bonuses to stamina.
Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night's silence is pretty good. Not damage focused, but the increased sneak speed allows you to more easily approach a mob from the back for a nice backstab, and the other bonuses are decent(stam regen, stamina and crit IIRC).

Also has the advantage of only requiring two traits researched before you can craft it.
    Answer ✓
  • t.s.lane93ub17_ESO
    Thank you ill check it out.
    Is there a decent 4 piece set for stamina users?
    I mainly use my dual wield bar so if I'm not mistaken that would allow for a 5 piece and 4 piece set.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing around with Ashen Grip. It's a crafted set that only requires 2 traits per item, so it's easy to obtain. Gives you a bonus to max health, weapon damage, weapon crit and a chance to breath fire while performing melee attacks (any physical damage skill that isn't ranged). So as a stam nightblade, the fire breathing procs a lot and looks cool af. Makes quick work of vampires when you get a quick burst off then blow flames in their face.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, ashen grip maybe. Health/damage/crit, and also a low-level set, crafting-wise (2 or 3 traits IIRC).

Hunding's rage might also work, altho it's a bit crit-heavy for my liking (crit/stamina/crit).
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to mention ashen grip and nights silence for beginning sets. But I was beaten to it :)

Now, if you want to get a tad bit more advanced, you can craft one set for the 2 and 3 piece bonuses, and have a full version of the other for the 5 piece bonus. Something I would suggest is maybe 5 pieces of nights silence and 3 pieces of ashen grip. (keep in mind you will need to craft a weapon in one of the sets for the 8th bonus) that way you get the sneak speed, health, weapon damage, stam and stam regen, and crit all at once.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashen Grip and Hunding's Rage - particularly if you're going dual daggers, extra crit!
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played around with this alot and ended up doing the following before I could get Hundings rage (6 traits):

1st dagger=Night's Silence (NS)

2nd dagger=Ashen Grip (AG)

Bow=NS

4 pieces of armor=NS

3 pieces of armor=AG

By doing it this way you always maintain the sneak speed bonus, 1xMax Stam, 1 x Stam Regen, 2% Weapon Crit, 1xmax Health, 1xWeapon Damage on both bars. You also pick up an extra 2% crit on your DW bar.

You could swap AG and NS on all the previous items if the 10% chance Fiery Breath proc bonus from AG is more important to you than sneak speed, but IMO sneak speed is much more useful.

Once I could get Hundings Rage it got a little hairy for me. Hundings is only good with the 5 piece bonus giving a significant amount of Weapon Damage, but then you have to sacrifice the sneak speed because you will be unable to have a 5 piece NS set as well.

My current build is Stam Nightblade Vampire (for sneak and regen), 5 piece Hundings, 3 piece Ashen Grip. I may get rid of vampire at some point because I go back and forth on whether or not I like it on this build, but for now I like it so I have fast sneaking and alot of weapon Damage. Without Vamp, Night's Silence is your only way to boost sneak, but the 5 piece limits your other options

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Hmm, ashen grip maybe. Health/damage/crit, and also a low-level set, crafting-wise (2 or 3 traits IIRC).

Yep, just 2 traits needed
  • gilbegger
    gilbegger
    ✭✭✭
    For leveling as a NB?..I was amazed at the set that starts a HOT on you after you kill an opponent...I guess not amazed enough to remember the name of it...but i liked the set.

If you Pvp...nights silence.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always click HERE to check out the craftable sets to see what fits your needs best.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recommendation for a leveling character is first of all, no matter what you choose, put the Training Trait on it. The other traits can be nice to have but are not really needed until VR content. It is more important to get your armor skills up to 40 to 50 as soon as you can.

Also, until you get your armor levels into the 30s and unlock the 5 piece passives, there is no need to go all Medium or at least 5 pieces of Medium. Better would be to go with a 3/2/2 (M/H/L) set up. You can still make a crafted set following this scheme. This way you are leveling all your armors and you can then have the freedom end game to change builds or gear and not have to worry about grinding up an armor skill. Armor skills seem to level the slowest, and for sure if you decide to Magic, you don't want to be unskilled in Light Armor for instance. You don't have to spend any points in the armors that are not your preference if your not going to use them in the near future.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• t.s.lane93ub17_ESO
    Thanks for all the help! I'm liking the night silence and ashen grip combo.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Hundings and 3/4 Ashen or Night's Silence
  • t.s.lane93ub17_ESO
    I don't have the traits required for the hundings set but i will try it out when i can.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gilbegger wrote: »
    For leveling as a NB?..I was amazed at the set that starts a HOT on you after you kill an opponent...I guess not amazed enough to remember the name of it...but i liked the set.

If you Pvp...nights silence.

Do you mean Vampire's Kiss set?

(2pc) Health Regen
    (3pc) Max Health
    (4pc) 4% healing taken
    (5pc) Killing an opponent heals you for X over 8 seconds