Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

At 750 mats for vet 16 set, I won't be crafting anything any time soon.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to do a set for my sorc

A set for my temp

Almost 2 sets for my Dk.

Going to take forever
    Edited by Brrrofski on November 11, 2015 8:52AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    On xbox i am not even making v15 yet as thete is no glyphs for sale or the few that are for sale are outrageous prices.

You can buy the runes for 80 tel Var stones...
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You can buy the runes for 80 tel Var stones...

True. Though, if they're trying to craft Prismatic Defense glyphs, the essence stone only drops from Molag Bal and Trove Scamps.

Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, that's very true.

Bar for tanking, I wouldn't see the merit in them though personally
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Yeh, that's very true.

Bar for tanking, I wouldn't see the merit in them though personally

When applied to large pieces (helm, chest, legs) at v16 Legendary quality, they provide enough health points to still be viable in harder content without having to dump attribute points into health, allowing a player to put all points into magicka/stamina.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    The grind is crazy. I c is the way to go hands down. Wait until the wee hours of the morning and do all the dailies. It will take about four days to a week depending on your grind level. I'm gonna feel like a champ when I finally get there right now it's a bummer. Once you get your first set out of the way it should get easier as you run ors dungeons. It's a crazy grind but it's the best in game because you get stones vault items and champ points with a chance at v 16 rare sets like briar thorn and such. Don't farm grind imperial city.
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    I did not realize until today the quantity jump in materials needed to craft VR16 gear over VR15 gear. Someone must have had too much spiced eggnog when they planned that one out. Completely asinine to require a 10-fold increase in material quantity between VR15 and VR16 gear. There is no way this can be a "working as intended" process, it's too ridiculous.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • zhaguarrwb17_ESO
    I think it has to be said. A game that prides itself of build diversity, not being able to craft and test out and change your crafted gear for your level without heavy grinding is absurd. Also it comes to reward aswell. Ive done the grinding through the months spent researching my traits (im 8/9 leather just before i hit v16, no craglorn for me) and just having set peices drop from dungeons that will be better and less expencive then what i can craft is absurd. And its harder to get dungeons running at the moment too. (Until 2.3 goes live...)
  • VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    As a casual crafter and pve'er, I think it's absurd that mat costs are 150/item. In one week of deconing items and getting 60k stones I have an amazing 40 rubedo leather, 51 ancestor silk and 10 rubedite ingots, not even close to being bale to make one item /week.

Don't rely on your armor to protect you 100% Flip, jump, roll like a maniac and run with VR14 Legendary, you'll be fine. Unless your one of those min/maxers that have a "latest greatest" mindset.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    mat prices are 100 TV and you have 60k... do the math
  • Savinder
    Savinder
    ✭✭✭
    Quigster wrote: »
    I did not realize until today the quantity jump in materials needed to craft VR16 gear over VR15 gear. Someone must have had too much spiced eggnog when they planned that one out. Completely asinine to require a 10-fold increase in material quantity between VR15 and VR16 gear. There is no way this can be a "working as intended" process, it's too ridiculous.
    Alledgedly some of the devs also thought that this was a... bad idea, to be diplomatic.
    Sadly, this is what we've got, and it really is a baffling design choice.
    Var var var
  • Platorian
    Platorian
    ✭✭
    Ita hell of an unnesecary numpnin materials requirement but i dont get what the fuss is about. I got the materials easy by farming and deconstructing. Same as i dont get the vet levels complaints. Getting to vet 16 was easy. Especially with the ic and orsinium dlcs
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not nearly as bad as you think. I can get 6k TV stones in about 1.5 hours. That's enough to construct a v16 peice, not including materials gathered by deconstructing drops.

If you don't want to IC then another way is to kill mobs in wrothgar, picking up nodes along the way. You can get a ton of items from deconstructing drops from mobs.

I heard, but I don't know for sure, that TG will contain far more v16 mats.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 mats is what around 20k gold?

1000 mats for 200k gold ^^

I can make 80k - 100k an hour, so it's not that bad
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a casual crafter and pve'er, I think it's absurd that mat costs are 150/item. In one week of deconing items and getting 60k stones I have an amazing 40 rubedo leather, 51 ancestor silk and 10 rubedite ingots, not even close to being bale to make one item /week.

The lazy way is to do all the top level writs each day and with the surveys you get you will eventually have enough mats to make your sets and a *** ton of tempering alloys. If you are on console tempering alloy goes for about 12k.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any issue with the v16 mats.
    You have to earn it.
    Legendary should not require anything less.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone craft VR15 gear and waste the VR16 mats?

Just stick with VR14 and save for the VR16...

also nice necro Manimarco would be proud :smile:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    This will make you laugh. I spent ages farming to get my medium armour to V16, but along teh way I got more then enough mates to make heavy and light armour for 2 of my alts. Just got my light armour sorc through Orsinium and all that character was pulling on drops was rubedo leather....

60k stones though, that's a good run.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.