Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

At 750 mats for vet 16 set, I won't be crafting anything any time soon.

Wycks
Wycks
✭✭✭✭
As a casual crafter and pve'er, I think it's absurd that mat costs are 150/item. In one week of deconing items and getting 60k stones I have an amazing 40 rubedo leather, 51 ancestor silk and 10 rubedite ingots, not even close to being bale to make one item /week.

The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean to say 110 Rubedite ingots.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jup, it's crazy.
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    Its al about the challenge (grind).
    Afterwards you gonna feel like you accomplished something : :D
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been barely two weeks since IC went live, and i already have my equipment upgraded to v16 legendary (all except offhand secondary weapon which is only used for buffing anyway). As a solo player. It's nowhere near as impossible as people think.
    Edited by Sharee on September 12, 2015 5:02PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a casual crafter and pve'er, I think it's absurd that mat costs are 150/item. In one week of deconing items and getting 60k stones I have an amazing 40 rubedo leather, 51 ancestor silk and 10 rubedite ingots, not even close to being bale to make one item /week.

Convert your stones to mats.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My strategy has been to craft all my gear as Purple VR15 and then substitute each piece with a Gold VR16 version as I accumulate mats. This seems to relieve the feeling of upgrade pressure so I can enjoy the game.

Edited by Emma_Overload on September 12, 2015 6:07PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still rolling with v14 purps over here. Because lolgrinding.

I also have 200+ of each mat in bank.

E: you guys do realize it's a ploy to get you to buy bank/bag space upgrades from the crown store right?
    Edited by Scyantific on September 12, 2015 6:22PM
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    i don't like it, but the new enchanting items are worse imo. so far without IC, i have been completely unable to acquire them, and cash farming will likely be the only reliable source for runes.

as already stated, it has more to do with a cash grab than your pleasure....
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like someone else said; spend your 60k tv on mats. Screw farming them. I haven't spent that much time down there, only made 15k tv max and I already have 2x v16 staves of torugs and v16 greaves and breeches of the same set, fully enchanted. I admit discovering which rune I needed was a waste of tv though. Pretty sure Repora, Makko and Kuta will get you a truly superb glyph of magicka. The 2 more expensive runes from the vendor are the v16 ones obviously. I don't who would waste their time with v15 glyphs.
    PC | EU
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prism glyph needs a better drop rate.
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Just like someone else said; spend your 60k tv on mats. Screw farming them. I haven't spent that much time down there, only made 15k tv max and I already have 2x v16 staves of torugs and v16 greaves and breeches of the same set, fully enchanted. I admit discovering which rune I needed was a waste of tv though. Pretty sure Repora, Makko and Kuta will get you a truly superb glyph of magicka. The 2 more expensive runes from the vendor are the v16 ones obviously. I don't who would waste their time with v15 glyphs.

the only reason im going for v15 glyphs is because i won't put the effort into v16 armor right now. the only reason im doing v15 gear is because of the mob/tank mechanics changes that essentially made my v14 5-piece crafted set useless, so i figured i might as well test sets while working for the vr15+ items. the problem.... i didn't think the enchants would be so exclusive to the IC DLC. i thought i might have to rough it through boss grind for vr15 items to decon, i could just trickle in the glyphs as they came... and yes my vr14 5-piece is so bad now, that vr14/vr15 green without enchants is better than the vr14 purple i had WITH enchants.

now i get to cash farm to buy the enchants, which only sucks cuz the experience tends to suck where the cash drops don't and vice versa. so i have to kill only for the cash and accept the bad experience, or accept that my gear is gonna suck. i think im gonna go with the "my gear will just suck" point of view.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Corpsage
    Corpsage
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know about anyone else but I've crafted 3-VR16 swords, 2-VR16 shields, VR16 heavy chest and legs and VR16 light gloves, boots and belt. It's not that tough to farm for mats. Get a small group together and go get it done in IC sewers, simple as that.
    Corpsage The Blackened - V16 Altmer Templar DC
    Corpsage The Bane - V16 Imperial Templar DC
    Corpsage The Decimator - V16 Dunmer Night Blade DC
    Corpse Guevara - 32 Dunmer Dragon Knight DC
    Corpsage The Iniquitous - 27 Orc Night Blade DC
    The Lord Corpsage - 5 Altmer Sorcerer DC
    We are the many who is One
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just outfit my chars with crafted v15 gear, it works well enough for when the next dlc drops and we get to grind for v18 gear.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a lot.

But as a casual player, one shouldn't be concerned with having v16 instead of v15 to the same degree that a hardcore player would. Sure, it's nice to have, but it's something you gotta work hard toward.

It will get easier with Wrothgar as well, when Raw materials are dropping and the casual players will have an easier chance to catch up to the hardcore guys that spent a lot of time and energy in the few months between IC and Wroth getting that gear.

It is do-able. THe worst thing is trying to outfit a lot of my alts or trying different sets or looks - there isn't anymore easy changes going on. You worry more about wasting the base materials than you do the gold upgrade mats now. But so far I've managed a full set of v16 gear on one guy and a few pieces on others and several others in my guild were set up only a few days after the patch.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Corpsage wrote: »
    Well, I don't know about anyone else but I've crafted 3-VR16 swords, 2-VR16 shields, VR16 heavy chest and legs and VR16 light gloves, boots and belt. It's not that tough to farm for mats. Get a small group together and go get it done in IC sewers, simple as that.

i agree.... but not everyone wants IC, but pve'ers also don't need vr15+ gear with the current mechanics (not including bugs). even without IC getting the mats for VR15 isn't that bad. i just have 2 pieces left to replace, but the problem i see is with enchanting. i have not seen 1 glyph in vr15+ instances, which makes me question if they even drop in dungeons. even in cyrodiil i have found VR15+ mats but vr14 glyphs, so unless you have IC you most likely won't see the new enchants without copious amounts of farming to buy them. now im not against PVPers having a cash crop and dont' think they need to modify current PVE to be inline with IC currently since orsinium will fill the gap. the suck is that there seems to be 0% chance for enchants in current PVE content regardless to the VR level. supposedly hirelings should provide the new ones but its far from reliable on a good day. i have considered subbing just for the temporary access, but really, im not interested in IC. i love the idea, i think its great for PVPers, and pve/pvpers, but i would be more interested if i didn't have to overhaul my gear to fit the "new age tank".

over all this is why i support, and love systems like the champion system, at least i have another alternative to glyphs, it just over all sucks. spend huge amounts of time farming mats that won't receive enchants. i would advise PVEers, to just take it in stride and don't focus on new mats until the next PVE zone where you will more than likely need it most.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished upgrading and enchanting all of my gear to gold v16 (with the exception of my shoulder because I'm waiting for a kena drop or v16 bloodspawn). I did a LOT of trading to get the 810 leather and 440 ingots needed. I hope you have a guild to help you out.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    I just finished upgrading and enchanting all of my gear to gold v16 (with the exception of my shoulder because I'm waiting for a kena drop or v16 bloodspawn). I did a LOT of trading to get the 810 leather and 440 ingots needed. I hope you have a guild to help you out.

yeah, my guild is great but i question my ability (mentally and physically) to acquire the items, needed to trade. really the mats to make armor isn't the issue for me, i like dungeon grinding. the issue is the enchants, give me a 1% (ideally 10%) chance on bosses for glyphs and i would be a happy camper =).

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, my guild is great but i question my ability (mentally and physically) to acquire the items, needed to trade. really the mats to make armor isn't the issue for me, i like dungeon grinding. the issue is the enchants, give me a 1% (ideally 10%) chance on bosses for glyphs and i would be a happy camper =).

Get a group together and kill mobs in the districts. They drop pieces to deconstruct and you'll get TV stones. Each v16 essence rune is 800 stones. The mats for enchants were a lot easier for me to get than all of that leather I needed. You might as well work towards both at the same time.

If you don't have IC, then yeah, you'll probably have to pay for the runes. It might be worth it for you to sub for a month for the XP boost and access to IC just so you can get your gear done and stop worrying about it. I have been in hardcore farm mode these past 2 weeks because I hate PvE and grinding and I want to get back to PvP as quickly as possible.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its al about the challenge (grind).
    Afterwards you gonna feel like you accomplished something : :D

this. and also remember when orsinium comes out before the end of the year it will be loads easier to farm. i imagine nodes will be in the zone like normal mats.
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already stated mats will be easier to get in orsinium.either wait patiently or grind it out
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I will be looking at for my V16 set if I went all crafted. The number of materials needed for V16 is an utter joke and really unneeded.

Armor - 940 ingots/silk/leather
    Weapons - 440 ingots for duel wield and another 120 for a Resto Staff.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone can answer this.. I was looking to deconstruct stuff I got from IC to get some mats. I'm VR6, the only armor I'm looting is VR6 gear. Do I need to be VR16 to get VR16 gear from mobs? Thanks.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Mitchblue wrote: »
    Maybe someone can answer this.. I was looking to deconstruct stuff I got from IC to get some mats. I'm VR6, the only armor I'm looting is VR6 gear. Do I need to be VR16 to get VR16 gear from mobs? Thanks.

Nope...not exactly.
    I'm solo and getting VR14-15 gear, and I'm VR16.

16 gear I assume is only group delves? I don't group but someone else will answer that part.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »
    Mitchblue wrote: »

Nope...not exactly.

16 gear I assume is only group delves? I don't group but someone else will answer that part.

You're VR16 though. I'm only VR6 and I'm only getting VR6 gear. Sounds like the delves are where I need to head.. Though I'm only a solo player.. Oh well. Thank you.
    Edited by Mitchblue on September 19, 2015 10:19AM
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    I think loot scales to you level if i am not mistaken.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loot scales to your level up to V15. To get new mats from deconstruction, you need to be at least v15.
    Swindy wrote: »

If you're v16 then all loot drops in IC are V15. You may still get trash v14 items from looting containers (the kind that drops recipes etc., not chests)
    Edited by Sharee on September 19, 2015 10:25AM
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to both of ya. That's too bad.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On xbox i am not even making v15 yet as thete is no glyphs for sale or the few that are for sale are outrageous prices.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not only do I have to do all the grinding to get the materials I need I also need to now consider the new armor out there. Should I or shouldn't I. I hope I do not waste!
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    MishMash wrote: »
    Not only do I have to do all the grinding to get the materials I need I also need to now consider the new armor out there. Should I or shouldn't I. I hope I do not waste!

i am going through this issue too, i am doing set bonus tests by making vr14 versions, and then testing them in craglorn. even that can be flawed though, as i am on PC and so i have been doing craglorn content for like 7 months so i know what i could/couldn't do there...

not sure if that would help you any =/

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918