Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

ZOS Please add another South African hosted server

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P(l)ayers from the EU have higher pings
    Its not your location whats the problem...
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in CT, and yes ping is around 300ms, but I think that is standard as it's the distance to travel etc so yes I understand a local server would help I'm sure. However that's not going to happen...

So what I would suggest and it's worked for me is changing your isp.

I was with afrihost 10 meg line, would get the speed but not the throughput when in came to pvp or even pve for that matter at certain time of the day it would freeze when I was in the middle of Skywatch . I tried everything, checking my xbox one, checking the router, checking Zos...until I tried another isp. It works like a dream now. Pick any other isp, try it. I'm currently with crystal Web

Hope this helps

On another note, any other south african players out there on xbox one aldermeri dominion?

Oh @RSAssassin007 i am so glad i am not the only one!!!!! I have constant issues with Afrihost and this game - earlier in the year on the patch that changed the name to ESO-TU it just went into DC overdrive. i have a 10 meg line hosted by them and capped, so no shaping/throttling etc.

I had endless fights with Afrihost and how they told me it's my router or it's Telkom etc etc. Eventually one Afrihost call centre guy got fed up and told me to sign up for a free 1meg line with Webafrica to prove to me that it is not them that is the problem - never looked back since and my DC issues are gone and that's on a 1meg free line!!!! :D Stupid fools at Afrihost! hehehe. I am sure they have it prioritised too low since the name change but they wont listen to me.

If OP is with Afrihost too, i would also strongly suggest changing to another ISP. like a said webafrica free 1meg line is a nice easy test at no extra cost. My ping sits at about 180-200 at best and it is very manageable at that level. Problem is data is not as cheap as Afrihost. Will give Crystal web a try.
    Edited by hydrocynus on December 1, 2015 3:18PM
    My internet is invalid
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're adding a Japan server next year, so there's that.
    Edited by JD2013 on December 1, 2015 3:41PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!