Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – July 29

ZOS Please add another South African hosted server

SoLja4HirE
SoLja4HirE
✭✭
ZOS I plead with you to please add another localized server. I am from South Africa and we have a big community of players that are eager to play everyday. The problem is that we have to use the EU server and our ping that server exceeds 300ms +

I would like to remain on the EU server but adding a localised domain that South Africans, Australians, Brazilians and anyone else near South Africa can connect to would be awesome. I could suggest hosting a server in Cape Town or Johannesburg. This would make our gaming experience soo much better if we had playable ping.Most other games: Call of duty, Battlefield, World of Warcaft etc are all hosted locally and do not suffer from high ping. We have many players on PC, XBOX One and PS4. If we had a server that we connected to that gave us decent ping ypu would find more of us online.

I find it nearly impossible to play pvp on any night as a 300ms + ping in unplayable in Cyrodiil and Imperial City.

Logging on everynight to see that I have more than 300ms+ ping annoys me a little when all I want to do is play ESO!

Please hear me out ZOS and consider what I have said. Thanks for the awesome game you have created :smiley:
Edited by SoLja4HirE on September 9, 2015 7:10PM
Dodge roll everything and be respectful to other players :p ...
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Z$S be like spend money....on performance and stability issues? AHAHAHAHAHAAH!!

giphy.gif
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • SoLja4HirE
    SoLja4HirE
    ✭✭
    Seriously did u have to ruin my post with this nonsense!!
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SoLja4HirE wrote: »
    Seriously did u have to ruin my post with this nonsense!!

You are asking them to spend money on more servers in different countries when they can't even get the one's they are using currently to be stable and working correctly...

I would call that nonsense. :P I doubt they even would spend the money even if they had it, I am guessing they don't since the cuts to loads of support staff.

Do you normally have ping and lag issues? Or is it just since this update, if so everyone is having those issues even in countries where they have local servers...
    Edited by Troneon on September 9, 2015 7:19PM
    PC EU AD
    Options
  • SoLja4HirE
    SoLja4HirE
    ✭✭
    If you have no valuable input to add and just want to comment on how bad ZOS does things then rather don't comment @ all. Useless meme pictures are irrelevant and adds no value to the discussion.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have no valuable input to add and just want to comment on how bad ZOS does things then rather don't comment @ all. Useless meme pictures are irrelevant and adds no value to the discussion.

Even if they added a local server in your country, you would still have lag and ping issues currently since the last update, everyone is getting this...no matter what country.
    Edited by Troneon on September 9, 2015 7:22PM
    PC EU AD
    Options
  • SoLja4HirE
    SoLja4HirE
    ✭✭
    This problem has been around for us since I started to play when the game launched. We live very far from the EU server and our pings are always above 300+

This has nothing to do with the new updates..
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isnt A South African server, so they cant add another.

EU and NA only.
    Edited by Darlgon on September 9, 2015 7:26PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU server is in US

They moved it from EU some 8 months ago.

So EU are playing on server located in US :)
    Options
  • SoLja4HirE
    SoLja4HirE
    ✭✭
    I understand that there are 2 mega servers, but surely they can add a localized host server that we can connect to that will carry our ping across continent at a faster rate than its currently being processed.

Playing pvp with 300 ping is a nightmare..
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand that there are 2 mega servers, but surely they can add a localized host server that we can connect to that will carry our ping across continent at a faster rate than its currently being processed.

Playing pvp with 300 ping is a nightmare..

I am from South Africa too and my ping is around 270ms. I have no problems in pvp or pve - sure it would be nice to have a server here but it will never happen.

Options
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I am from EU so I have no issues I agree that more servers need to be made. Lots of people from Australia, Asia and southern countries are clogging up EU and NA servers.
    Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to wonder what could be chewing on the cables that stretch over some very daunting terrain for thousands of miles above ground and underwater? Mynocks maybe?
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paske wrote: »
    EU server is in US

I thought it was the opposite? EU megaserver started in US, but was moved to Frankfurt, Germany 8 months ago?
    Options
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server is in US

My ping disagrees, it's much higher when I'm not playing in the EU server.

If it actually is in the USA, I don't mind. Ping is fine.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
    Options
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    EU server is in US

I thought it was the opposite? EU megaserver started in US, but was moved to Frankfurt, Germany 8 months ago?

That's how I understood it too.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
    Options
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server is in US

This is correct. It is in EU now.
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the world of mmorpg. Both my games only have NA/EU servers. I'm sure most of us living in different parts of the world would love local servers. Doubt this is ever going to happen. Maybe you over estitmate numbers playing this game.

Remember another player making a post like this. Telling the dev's there were millions playing in Asia, local server required. Yet, by all accounts, ESO has struggle to attract sufficient numbers.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    Try Battleping or WTFast.
    Also Asia and South America, that would cost them dearly. Too much for them atm.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which would give you lower latency, changing your DNS to a DE or GB server when using the EU server, or just choosing the fastest DNS for your location. It won't solve large problems, but you'll be making sure your connection is as fast as it could be.
    signing off
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's no server in Asia (which would be better for far more gamers than a server in South Africa - especially considering that it would be better for most of Russia than the EU server would), then I highly doubt they would put one in South Africa.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ks3XWqF.gif
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    ks3XWqF.gif

The most valuable input in the thread.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • RSAssassin007
    RSAssassin007
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS I plead with you to please add another localized server. I am from South Africa and we have a big community of players that are eager to play everyday. The problem is that we have to use the EU server and our ping that server exceeds 300ms +

I would like to remain on the EU server but adding a localised domain that South Africans, Australians, Brazilians and anyone else near South Africa can connect to would be awesome. I could suggest hosting a server in Cape Town or Johannesburg. This would make our gaming experience soo much better if we had playable ping.Most other games: Call of duty, Battlefield, World of Warcaft etc are all hosted locally and do not suffer from high ping. We have many players on PC, XBOX One and PS4. If we had a server that we connected to that gave us decent ping ypu would find more of us online.

I find it nearly impossible to play pvp on any night as a 300ms + ping in unplayable in Cyrodiil and Imperial City.

Logging on everynight to see that I have more than 300ms+ ping annoys me a little when all I want to do is play ESO!

Please hear me out ZOS and consider what I have said. Thanks for the awesome game you have created :smiley:

I live in CT, and yes ping is around 300ms, but I think that is standard as it's the distance to travel etc so yes I understand a local server would help I'm sure. However that's not going to happen...

So what I would suggest and it's worked for me is changing your isp.

I was with afrihost 10 meg line, would get the speed but not the throughput when in came to pvp or even pve for that matter at certain time of the day it would freeze when I was in the middle of Skywatch . I tried everything, checking my xbox one, checking the router, checking Zos...until I tried another isp. It works like a dream now. Pick any other isp, try it. I'm currently with crystal Web

Hope this helps

On another note, any other south african players out there on xbox one aldermeri dominion?

Options
  • TheHotnessZN
    TheHotnessZN
    Soul Shriven
    Confused here..There are definitely no South African based WoW servers at all

There certainly are a decent number of South Africans playing ESO, but nowhere near enough to make hosting a Megaserver in South Africa viable - just will need to grit your teeth and live with the lag...
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confused here..There are definitely no South African based WoW servers at all

There certainly are a decent number of South Africans playing ESO, but nowhere near enough to make hosting a Megaserver in South Africa viable - just will need to grit your teeth and live with the lag...

We do not have the numbers but I agree.

Why host a South African server? It is not worth it. We can't help it that one player feels entitled to have his own server.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server is in US

Yeah, of what I know, the EU server IS in Frankfurt, Germany.
    I would get an awesome ping if I played on that one since I'm not even 120km away from Frankfurt^^ Unfortunately, I'm playing on NA (and decided to stay) and play on 220-~700 ping or higher. Mostly around 220, though.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, I just see this thread was necroed..
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should sell the game only on continents which have a dedicated server.

Even if you are living close to a mega server, the lag can be hefty.
    Playing on another continent must be really bad.

There should be servers for each continent: America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Pacific.
    An Asian server is coming. Africa probably isn't commercially relevant enough.
    Poor Africans, as always.

Edited by BalticBlues on December 1, 2015 12:47PM
    Options
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another? Lol I doubt there is one to begin with
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    If there's no server in Asia (which would be better for far more gamers than a server in South Africa - especially considering that it would be better for most of Russia than the EU server would), then I highly doubt they would put one in South Africa.
    The vast majority of Russians live in the European part of the country, so I'm not sure if an Asian server would be so useful to them.
    Options