Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So What Are Guilds?

snot369
snot369
Hello everyone,

what's the point of joining a guild and what's the etiquette regarding being a member and the guild bank? I've just joined one and I'm not 100% sure where I'm meant to go from here....

Cheers,

snot369
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    snot369 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

what's the point of joining a guild and what's the etiquette regarding being a member and the guild bank? I've just joined one and I'm not 100% sure where I'm meant to go from here....

Cheers,

snot369

It depends on what kind of guild you've joined, snot. Some exist just for you to sell stuff, some exist just so you have some people to talk to.

As for the guild bank, it's best to ask the leader about their policies regarding that, as every guild has a different one.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • blitzed909
    Hello,
    Each guild uses their guild bank differently so it's probably best to ask the guild master or officers of the guild you joined what their protocol is for their guild bank if it's not stated in the "about us" or if the guild has a website that offers more information about what they are all about, any rules or just information about how they operate.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in two guilds because I enjoy helping people, and getting help in return. If I need a hand for a pve boss/dolmen/whatever, I can ask for help. If I need traits for research, I can ask for help. I can pass the help along if I know something that someone else needs. We get a trading kiosk on a semi-regular basis, so I can sell stuff if I want.

I'm in another guild because a friend asked for help to make a guild for a bank.

Most of the time when you ask about a guild they tell you they are interested in pvp or trials or whatever. If you aren't sure what all the guild does, ask someone.
  • snot369
    snot369
    Cheers for the clarification everyone!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main cathegories:

Trading guilds
    PvP guilds
    PvE guilds/ group finder guilds
    Raid guilds
    Roleplay guilds
    Social guilds
    Social guilds disguised as:
    Fan of insert-comic/ author/ hollywood star/ movie/ serie/ nationality.
    Gender based guilds

Trading guilds
    There are 2 types of trading guilds. Ones that accept everyone, but is not very efficiant, and the other type is veteran trading guilds.

Veteran trading guilds - requirements: be max level and sell highend gear. If you are low level and wish to join such, make sure you write a well written letter to the guildmaster, explaining you intend to sell: flowers, raw materials and lvl 20-40 solvents. This should higher your chance to get in even though you are not a veteran yet. However when you get in the guild, make sure to also sell those things, otherwise you get a kick.

Some trading guilds require donations, but others require you sell for a certain amount through the guildstore. It is looked down upon if you sell through the guildchat - unless it's something like vampire bites that can not be sold through their store. Everytime you sell through the guildstore, they get a small amount of those money and those money goes toward bidding on a trader.
    PvP guilds
    There are duel guilds, but they are rare compared to normal pvp guilds that just runs small to large group events. They're fun if you enjoy pvp.
    In case the guild is multifactioned - expect your chat be flooded all day and all night. As members can not just group up with eachother from the other factions, they will use the guildchat for that purpose.
    PvE guilds/ group finder guilds
    These guilds are very practical, for grouping or finding friends to do quests with. They are usually very social and if 150 members expect your chat to be flooded all day.
    Raid guilds
    They are for v12+ players, as it is considerate endgame content. If your gear costed you below 150.000 gold do not try to join one.
    Roleplay guilds
    Some roleplay guilds have many restrictions and rules, and expect their members to not break their rules. They care very much about immersion and do not wish to have it ruined by costumes, fancy mounts etc.

Other roleplay guilds are more casual, they are more about having fun than keeping up a strict ruleset. This cathegory of roleplay guild is recomended if fun is more important to you than pretending to be a fantasy figure for long periods of time.

In both cathegories of roleplaying guilds, it is important that you show interest for the roleplay itself, and do not redicule it. Also it is looked down upon, if you disrupt or get out of character at their events.
    Social guilds
    They are very social, they like chit chatting and being friendly above all els. It matters more to these guildies to do a dungeon run with eachother, than doing it with other players that are potentially better. Because they upon the social interaction more than competition and completion of content. This is a good place to find a couple of friends in.
    Social guilds disguised as:
    Fan of insert-comic/ author/ hollywood star/ movie/ serie/ nationality.

These guilds can be exactly like the social guilds, but be aware that a lot of young people are attracted toward these, since fandom is more common among them.

They like mutual things, they like babbling about the other gender, they like being social.
    Gender based guilds
    These go in two cathegories:
    Good : They like mutual things, they like babbling about the other gender, they like being social.
    Bad : They like mutual things, they like babbling about the other gender, they like being social - however, if they are too focussed on the opposite gender, it might not be a healthy inviroment.
    All guilds have different rules for their guildbank, it is basically the guildmaster that determines wether or not you get access to it or not. If you are a member of a guild with open guildbank policies, do not put anything in that you can't afford to loose.

In general it is looked down upon if you take items from guildbank to lvl up crafting, or give away or sell. Take stuff out for personal use if you need it, and deposit something if you can afford it.

Keep in mind that a guild can be a mix of any of the above cathegories.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on September 7, 2015 9:29PM