Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [EXTENDED] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

disappointed

triton5463
triton5463
Soul Shriven
Wow all this DLC and nothing for characters to do unless, once again, you are high level vet rank. Total ripoff. I was hoping for a balance of new adventures for a variety of player levels. The city is grim and ugly, a repetition of the tired slate blues and grays of Coldharbour. And even a vet rank 1 level player has nothing to do in the city but die. Total failure. Doubtful I will even remotely consider buying more DLC or maintaining membership
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem here I think, aside from the CP imbalance, is that battle levelling only goes to VR14, when it needs to go to VR16. This goes counter to ZOS' stated intentions that players would scale to the level of DLC content - scaling to 2 VRs under the content is insufficient and leaves too large a gap which cannot be filled by players under ~VR12.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed a few missions on a level 38 nightblade. Of course on my way back I was 1 hit by some super mage creature, but it was still kinda fun at the same time exploring the place. There are also a few dungeons to do too. IC is still fairly new, so all we can do is send in feedback on things that disappoint us, and maybe they will listen. Threats of unsubscribing won't get you very far, though. So yeah, maybe cut back on that and just give some useful critique with less venom.
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you complaining about the Imperial City adding nothing new for lower level players exactly? If you aren't a High level Vet rank then there is still a TON for you to do. You should probably actually complete the content you haven't even done before you start complaining that the IC DLC didn't add anything you can do....

And as far as it looking grim and ugly, of course it is. It's being invaded by Molag Bal's forces and getting merged with Coldharbour. What the heck did you expect it to look like?

• EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    Rodvic wrote: »
    Why are you complaining about the Imperial City adding nothing new for lower level players exactly? If you aren't a High level Vet rank then there is still a TON for you to do. You should probably actually complete the content you haven't even done before you start complaining that the IC DLC didn't add anything you can do....

And as far as it looking grim and ugly, of course it is. It's being invaded by Molag Bal's forces and getting merged with Coldharbour. What the heck did you expect it to look like?

Wanted to say exactly that
  • teaguewh
    teaguewh
    Are all vet players so thick headed. Why should anyone pay good money for DLC that is not only useless but crappy? The game and add on content should be scaled to the player's (customer's) level. If they allow players at level 10 to enter Cyrodiil and the Imperial sewers then some of the content should scale to the player's level at that point. Or, they should warn customers that in order to play the DLC and Cyrodiil content that they should at least be vet lvl 5 or higher. The whole damn thing is not only frustrating and infuriating, it's also total BS! I'm seriously thinking of going back to Witcher III.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't scale it to your level and make it balanced.
    That would just make easier for the VR16s to farm.
    They would just create a party and have a level 10 lead and go around one hitting everything and cleaning up all the trophies.
  • Doobieman
    Doobieman
    Why are people so aggro about this? Add ons/DLC for mmorpgs are generally meant for end game players so they have new content. Chances are though if these guys are getting this mad about it they'll quit for some silly reason at some point regardless.
    triton5463 wrote: »
    The city is grim and ugly, a repetition of the tired slate blues and grays of Coldharbour.
    What do you want? Sunshine & Rainbows?
    teaguewh wrote: »
    The whole damn thing is not only frustrating and infuriating, it's also total BS! I'm seriously thinking of going back to Witcher III.

Have fun in Witcher 3 you won't be missed.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doobieman wrote: »
    Why are people so aggro about this? Add ons/DLC for mmorpgs are generally meant for end game players so they have new content.
    Yeah, that's the case for many DLCs, but Imperial City was always advertised as an extension of the PvP content, and ESO's PvP is open to all levels.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • hardcore_gmr
    hardcore_gmr
    ✭✭✭
    I blame ZoS for these types of post. They gave low level players battle leveling to give them an opportunity to be competitive in PvP, but the truth is these players are fodder for true vet 16 players who grinded to get to VR16. The biggest difference between the two players is more than level and gear, it a whole champion system that creates a huge gap between a true vet 16 and a battle leveled VR14 player. You'll never be able to compete with someone who has earned 100 CP if you only have 20 or less (or even worst none). It's not just damage and health, it's resource management, the ability to effectively use your other resource pool, etc. These are often the biggest complainers about the CP system, and while it is true that ZoS allows players to enter pvp at level 10 there is a huge gap that cannot be covered by level alone. In pvp the CP system is what defines players, especially VR 16 players. For instance I have a little under 200 CP and it's a shock if a battle leveled player last more than 30 seconds against me, I saw that not to be cocktail (and I apologize if it comes across that way) but once I start burning them through the small amount of sustain they have the fight is over. Why players subject themselves to that I will never know, but even if they allowed battle level to go up to vr16, a high CP player will still have a pretty big advantage.

As for why ZoS would create content for high level players rather than leveling players is because, as was pointed out earlier, this is endgame content. Why would you want to go through the hassle of farming out items and gear only to have that gear replaced as you continue to level. Lowering the level is not beneficial either as the real draw of new content and new gear having new gear to intermingle with old max level gear. Getting this gear at low levels only means you would have to farm it again at vr16.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame ZoS for these types of post. They gave low level players battle leveling to give them an opportunity to be competitive in PvP, but the truth is these players are fodder for true vet 16 players who grinded to get to VR16. The biggest difference between the two players is more than level and gear, it a whole champion system that creates a huge gap between a true vet 16 and a battle leveled VR14 player. You'll never be able to compete with someone who has earned 100 CP if you only have 20 or less (or even worst none). It's not just damage and health, it's resource management, the ability to effectively use your other resource pool, etc. These are often the biggest complainers about the CP system, and while it is true that ZoS allows players to enter pvp at level 10 there is a huge gap that cannot be covered by level alone. In pvp the CP system is what defines players, especially VR 16 players. For instance I have a little under 200 CP and it's a shock if a battle leveled player last more than 30 seconds against me, I saw that not to be cocktail (and I apologize if it comes across that way) but once I start burning them through the small amount of sustain they have the fight is over. Why players subject themselves to that I will never know, but even if they allowed battle level to go up to vr16, a high CP player will still have a pretty big advantage.

As for why ZoS would create content for high level players rather than leveling players is because, as was pointed out earlier, this is endgame content. Why would you want to go through the hassle of farming out items and gear only to have that gear replaced as you continue to level. Lowering the level is not beneficial either as the real draw of new content and new gear having new gear to intermingle with old max level gear. Getting this gear at low levels only means you would have to farm it again at vr16.

I'm max level on my original character through story, the rest of them are grinded, but you say it as though it's a bad thing that someone grinded to reach max level? That's something a new player CAN control, they can go grind to max level, buy gear, and actually compete with the other max level chars. They would rather stay at VR1/2, and cry on forums about how they get rekt in pvp and how cad silver/gold sucks.

Battle leveling only exists because players CHOOSE to enter pvp at a lower level than max. Personally? I waited until I felt I was at a decent enough level and had decent gear to even take pvp seriously.

CP doesn't define a pvp player....how they play does. I cannot say this enough....

I cannot wait until everyone has nearly the same amount of CP, so I can stop reading people whine about CP difference. What will the excuse be then? I didn't have equivalent gear? Nerf that class? OMG this ability is OP?

Is it so hard for people to understand that regardless of CP, that player might just be better at the game than you? If I were to follow your theory of "there is no chance if the other guy has more CP than me", then no one would play this game because someone out there has more than 2k CP.

Resource management is strengthened by CP, not dependent on.

Why is everyone on board with this sympathetic outlook towards new players? They have a confirmed catchup system, whereas before for every 1cp the new guy got, the guy that has more gets 1cp too. This should be enough...yet people in game and on forums q_q about it relentlessly. They are NEW players, the people who have already played should have an advantage until said new player catches up or decides to learn to play.

So no...it's not ZOS's fault that these people whine. They whine because it's a "give-me-everything-at-once" day and age. People wonder why games go pay to win, when in reality the developer probably doesn't wanna have to hear the new people moan about how they deserve everything that a player since beta has earned.

/rant

Edited by Zyle on October 15, 2015 11:07PM

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Doobieman wrote: »
    Why are people so aggro about this? Add ons/DLC for mmorpgs are generally meant for end game players so they have new content.
    Yeah, that's the case for many DLCs, but Imperial City was always advertised as an extension of the PvP content, and ESO's PvP is open to all levels.

Actually,IC was advertised as BOTH PvP AND PvE content.Not as an extension for PvP content at all.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    The group delves scale ;)
  • izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    lmao, don't spend money on the game, level up first, be vet 14 or even 16, buy the dlcs and have fun doing dungeons and pvping, problem solved.
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, most of the DLC's are meant for endgame players. After all, they basically are 'endgame'. They are just advertised as "Good for players of every level" so more people will buy them.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
    Dunmer Nightblade- Lvl 19 (WIP)
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    teaguewh wrote: »
    Are all vet players so thick headed. Why should anyone pay good money for DLC that is not only useless but crappy? The game and add on content should be scaled to the player's (customer's) level. If they allow players at level 10 to enter Cyrodiil and the Imperial sewers then some of the content should scale to the player's level at that point. Or, they should warn customers that in order to play the DLC and Cyrodiil content that they should at least be vet lvl 5 or higher. The whole damn thing is not only frustrating and infuriating, it's also total BS! I'm seriously thinking of going back to Witcher III.

I take it this is your first mmo.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orsinium DLC scales perfectly to your character level, you can basically level from lvl 10 - v16 in this zone.

Unfortunately the Imperial City DLC is not worth the crowns/money in its current state.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭

complaint accepted.

me feeling like: :|
    next!!
    *whispers at the secretary w/ cold bloody voice*
    next time... do please give me a good constructive complaint~ w/ a knowledgeable person typing about it and
    the one who knows why this and that is happening at a certain area.
    *ends and smiles at the secretary*