Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing sturgeon help.

Real_Hawk
Real_Hawk
Hello i play on PS4.
I am fishing in Auridon for the Dominion Fisher achievenent and i am fishing a long time now. I got all the fish in Auridon with not too much problems. But i still need the Sturgeon. I have fished for 4 hours now only for the Sturgeon. I use Darths Player fish guide and the sturgeon is a lake fish so i use Guts bait. I got 6 barbel(green), 4 Mudfish(green) and 2 Ilyadifish(blue) and still no Sturgeon. Is this a bug? Or am i just REALY unlucky?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that in most zones, there is always ONE fish that takes forever. In Auridon, for me it was the Blue Monkfish (Ocean). It took me a few visits to the zone until I finally caught it.

In Alik'r, it was the Midget Salmon. I almost ran out of crawlers before I finally caught it (and there's a limited number of foul spots there).

Just be patient and think that the more white fish you catch, the better your chances of getting a Perfect Roe!
    The Moot Councillor
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything you are doing seems to be correct, but no idea on if it's a bug or if you are just REALLY unlucky. I know there usually is one fish in each zone that never seems to drop and MANY MANY baits later I finally catch it.

Have you tried using minnows? That is the "caught" bait that is good for lakes. You can catch minnows in ocean water.

Have you spoken to others on PS4 to find if they have recently caught the Sturgeon fish?

Have you tried fishing with a group? If you fish with 2-3 other people are the same hole, your chances of finding a rare fish go up, but of course, you will outfish the hole a bit faster.

Best of luck!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Real_Hawk
    Real_Hawk
    Thanks for the quick response, i finaly got that damn fish. I was just unlucky.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real_Hawk wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response, i finaly got that damn fish. I was just unlucky.

Congrats!

Be warned. As far as I can tell, there is always 1 REALLY elusive fish in each zone ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord