Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are VR14 armor sets from pre-1.7 available in VR16 sets now?

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

I'm a PS4 player so haven't received the IC update yet. I'm wrapping up Cadwell's Gold on my first toon (Stamina Nightblade), and about to start grinding for VR 14. I've been using crafted gear, but I am starting to look at the top end gear and theory craft what I want to put on this build which has brought me to some questions.

1) Obviously VR14 was the top level gear pre 1.7. Now that 1.7 and VR16 gear is here, is it possible to get VR16 versions of the older stuff. I know VR14 stuff will still be competitive, but just wondering if I should hold out for VR 16? I'm looking at sets like Morag's Tong, Shadow Walker, Way of the Air, Hawk Eye etc. Can anyone confirm whether these are available in VR16, or is VR 14 as good as it gets? When I check wiki sites it all says VR 14, but sometimes I feel like the info is not reliable or not up to date.

2) I am assuming the armor rating will be somewhat higher on VR 16 vs VR 14 which is expected. I am wondering if the set bonus values are higher though. For example, 4 piece VR14 Morag Tong gives 2 x Weapon Damage bonus. A 4 piece VR16 Sheer Venom also provides a 2 x Weapon Damage bonus. However when look at them online you can't see the actual weapon damage values. Are the actual stats the same or is the Sheer Venom more weapon damage? I am not a complete min-maxer, but if for example the Morag Tong gives 2x140 weapon damage and Sheer Venom gives 2x160 weapon damage it would probably make sense to me to hold out for the VR 16 gear.

Thank-you to anyone who can shed some light on this. It just seems like collecting this gear can be a grind, and I just want to get the most out of the time spent.
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4

Best Answer

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Short answer...we just don't know yet. ZOS has hinted at 11 existing sets that will be v16 in the RFTW rewards. They haven't been forthcoming with what sets and it appears we'll need to wait until these trickle out of the high end pvpers until we're certain.

2. in terms of the spell and weapon damage bonuses the difference between v14 and v16 will be ~2-300 pts depending on how many bonuses you stack. I'd say it's significant.
    Edited by Cuyler on September 3, 2015 6:32PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Answer ✓