Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anywhere to see what materials are needed to craft armor sets?

ApexSwoledier81
So I guess I really should've taken the time to level up crafting, but I didn't and now I wanna ask my friend to craft me an armor set. But I wanna make sure I have the materials needed 1st, so I was wondering if there was anywhere that showed what's actually needed to craft say Hunding's Rage for example? Looked online but couldn't find anything other than it saying the traits you needed to know. But what about the actual physical mats?
  • MerlinGambino
    If you're wanting purple crafted armor I believe you need 2 green, 4 blue, and 8 purple upgrade materials per piece. Your friend just needs to craft it at the crafting location for that set. Guild traders make it pretty easy to get a hold of the needed materials.
    MageLife
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as i know crafted set pieces don't use any different resource requirements to normal crafted items, so just go to a crafting station for the item you want crafting, go to the create tab, then un-tick the two tick boxes ("have items needed" and "have knowledge" or something like that) and you will be able to see all the recipes.
    Edited by Belidos on September 2, 2015 7:56AM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I wanna make sure I have the materials needed 1st, so I was wondering if there was anywhere that showed what's actually needed to craft say Hunding's Rage for example?
    The mats you're going to need is dependent on both your character level and crafting level. Because of this, there's no definitive answer anyone can give you.

Head to a crafting table and you'll get an idea of the number of mats you'll need for each piece crafted.

Special armor, like Hunding's Rage, uses the exact same materials. The difference is you'll have to have learned traits before you can craft the items. Hunding's Rage requires 6 traits learned per piece before you can craft it.

Most lower-leveled special armor only requires 3 traits researched.

If you're starting late, your best bet now is to grab green+ items and deconstruct your brains out. Just be mindful of items with traits you'll need to research.

As you rank up your crafting skill, passive will unlock that'll reduce the research time and allow for 2/3 items researched at a time.

Also know the time doubles every time you research traits for a specific item. For example, if you research a trait on Jack for the first time, it takes 6 hours. The second is 12 hours, and so on. Without the passives, by the time you get to the last trait (not including Nirnhorn), it takes a staggering 30 days. The passives reduce this time up to 10% (or 20%, I forget).

Since you're starting late, you're going to have a tough time researching traits.