Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Sorc Tank build viable?

• Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see how they can be the "worst" at all.

In PvP my build took on an equal level vet and another lower level enemy and killed both.
    I can solo spindleclutch, city of ash, tempest island, and more i can't name off of the top of my head.

I don't see how it is the "worst" option.

And with stamina being nerfed I think this build gets far from the "worst"

And tell me exactly what is better? Dk?

Also if shield stacking is broken good then we can add that and be broken good.

I don't trash talk your build, especially if I haven't tried it

I guess it will boil down to personal experience here, because the worst tanks I've healed are sorcerers. Their class shield is good, but breaks fairly easy and sounds like it's a big magicka drain. Their CC is good though, especially when they run the Negate ultimate.

Second worst are Templars. They have a great class shield as well, but it's also a magicka drain and they lack any good CC.

DKs are second best with great CC and tons of mitigation, but I think it's the second hardest tank to play well. Bad DK tanks can become resource starved easier than Sorcerers or Nightblades, which throws all their benefits out the window.

The best tanks I've played with are NBs. Avoidance is better than mitigation, especially when we're talking about avoiding the super heavy hits. Their CC is solid and not as good as DKs, but their resource management is better. I feel like they are the hardest tanks to play well, but they are beastly when played properly.

So I probably should not have said they were easily the worst, but I do think they are worst based on my personal experience as a healer with them. Honestly, the arguement could probably be made that Templars are the worst tanks. And my info on the tanks comes from my experiences as a healer with these tanks, talking to the tanks and playing as a Templar tank (which is the only class I've tanked on).

Yeah I've seen some pretty newbie sorc builds listed here, and those are the only ones that people are referencing these days. The class shield is really strong, but it must be actively spammed and you have to use it with Harness. Peeps are afraid of HA because they worry they'll lose the extra reduced cost :/
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh you can even tank as a stamina sorcerer, using boundless lightning, clanfear, 1h+s, encase, bone shield or hardened ward if needed and bolt escape... although you do kinda miss an ut-oh button (clanfear desummon is the closest we get).