The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign home / guest, queue policy

Joy_Division
Joy_Division
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I am someone who plays in all three alliances. Each character I play has deep meaning for me, memories attached, and friends that make the experience enjoyable despite the lag, imbalances, and rampant zerging. One is a rank Centurion, and two are Colonels. These are not spies, troll campers, scroll stealers; they are legitimate contributors to their alliance. If my choice in playing in multiple factions seems odd to you, that is fine, "play as you want," but just know that as the game has evolved, more and more in the PVP community have also made cross faction alts because of inter-faction respect, population imbalances, curiosity, et al.

Under the current policy it is far too awkward for people like me to actually play these different factioned characters and have the meaningful experiences that makes playing them worthwhile. According to Brian Wheeler:
In the upcoming Imperial City patch we have disabled the ability to use “Jump to Group leader” in PVP Zones however we have not disabled the ability to queue with group mates via the Campaign Queue’ing system. This means if player A is assigned to Haderus and player B is assigned to Chillrend and they are grouped, they can queue to join the others Home assignment. They cannot join each other’s Guest assignment however. A lot of feedback and concerns have been mentioned about getting stuck in a campaign that you might not want to be in, and this change is partially to address that."

But I do not understand exactly how this is supposed to work. I joined a group with two friends that were homed and playing on Azura's and I did not get an option to queue for that campaign. Does this mean, that only when a group is formed and the leader queues for a campaign do the members at that particular moment get a chance to queue? Do my friends have to disband the group, leave Cyrodiil, invite me to the group, and then queue for the campaign so I get the option? I am confused and this is very frustrating as all these preconditions makes the whole point of group queue compromise moot. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step? Why does this have to be complicated?

Just drop the cross-faction restrictions. The IC patch did not delete cross faction alts. You can put all the more restrictions and hoops in the world in place, that will not prevent spying. If you make it impossible for my blue to ever play where my red is homed, exactly what I am supposed to do if my blue guild decides to plays there? Bingo, log onto my red (instead of legitimately playing with my blue).
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    just bring back campaign hopping, zos pls. Us 3 faction people really got screwed over without it.. or make it possible to have different alliance characters in the same campaign
    Edited by Chesimac on August 31, 2015 10:08PM