The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fights are Endless in Non-Vet PvP Right Now

Woman
Woman
✭✭✭
Unfortunately since there was no PTS testing for the non-vet campaign, current Blackwater is kind of a disaster. No one can be killed unless they are insanely targeted by 5+ people + siege, and I'm not discussing CP stacked or very skilled players. Fights in keeps just keep going on forever without any faction gaining ground and are feeling pointless. The reduced damage taken was needed for Vet PvP, but with Battle level we are already tanky enough.

TLDR: Combination of Battle Level + Reduced damage taken means everyone is immortal in Non-Vet PvP. This needs to be hotfixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by Woman on August 31, 2015 7:58PM
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. I was there first-hand this afternoon with her trying to kill a group of 10 people and the fight lasted longer than it should have with less mechanics involved. Blackwater Blade was in it's own perfect state of Balance as far as battle level goes and I feel like it should be reverted back to it's original state.
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Rudderr
    Rudderr
    Soul Shriven
    This is already a very noticeable thing. It seems as though if you don't 10v1 someone and focus them down, you may as well just sit down and have a cup of coffee with by their side.
  • Woman
    Woman
    ✭✭✭
    Defialed wrote: »
    Blackwater Blade was in it's own perfect state of Balance as far as battle level goes and I feel like it should be reverted back to it's original state.

Agreed. Blackwater was perfectly balanced in 1.6 asside from Nirn+ CP. No need to mess with something that was working :)
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woman wrote: »
    Unfortunately since there was no PTS testing for the non-vet campaign, current Blackwater is kind of a disaster. No one can be killed unless they are insanely targeted by 5+ people + siege, and I'm not discussing CP stacked or very skilled players. Fights in keeps just keep going on forever without any faction gaining ground and are feeling pointless. The reduced damage taken was needed for Vet PvP, but with Battle level we are already tanky enough.

TLDR: Combination of Battle Level + Reduced damage taken means everyone is immortal in Non-Vet PvP. This needs to be hotfixed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I was afraid this would happen. Thanks for pointing this out, I really hope they address this soon.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on August 31, 2015 8:07PM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    After spending a few days with the vets, I was able to go wipe the floor in the non vet campaign.

Its the lack of zergs in my opinion. Its more of a small scale duel than a full on war.

Keeps are harder to take with less people so the map is usually a stand still battle when the population is low.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    FlounderOG wrote: »
    After spending a few days with the vets, I was able to go wipe the floor in the non vet campaign.

Its the lack of zergs in my opinion. Its more of a small scale duel than a full on war.

Keeps are harder to take with less people so the map is usually a stand still battle when the population is low.

BWB on pc has a much different community. There are many that have been playing there for a Long time and most of them will tell you that not everything on the vet server translates well to BWB. It's pretty much an entirely different system of PvP.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on August 31, 2015 8:15PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so once again ZOS got it wrong, we said no to zergs, and they said "ok we'll encourage zergs".
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not that. There are plenty of experienced players here on BwB (PC). But 50% damage mitigation is way too much for the already low spell/weapon damage that non-vets recieve as well as limited gear. Veterans can compensate by stacking weapon and spell damage sets but this isn't possible for the non-vet campaign that prevents non-percentage based stats from working ( stat recovery, max stat, weapon or spell damage.)
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did ask the question because it was obvious this could be a problem but never got a reply

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/204334/is-non-vet-pvp-going-to-be-tested-on-pts#latest
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh. I forget about the pc version sometimes :P

I learned from vet 14 pc transfers, so its easy pickings on the delicate console newbs :sunglasses:
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This should be fun... Could jump on my tank for a bit, see just how broken things are now.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defialed wrote: »

It's not that. There are plenty of experienced players here on BwB (PC). But 50% damage mitigation is way too much for the already low spell/weapon damage that non-vets recieve as well as limited gear. Veterans can compensate by stacking weapon and spell damage sets but this isn't possible for the non-vet campaign that prevents non-percentage based stats from working ( stat recovery, max stat, weapon or spell damage.)

This is dead on, but I have no clue what the correct solution is. Reducing the base battle level stats would be a logical place to start and would probably be fine for non-vet, but not so great for non-vets in the vet servers.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on August 31, 2015 8:36PM
  • jaaf
    jaaf
    This. The Battle Spirit change needs to be reverted in Blackwater or no one will play there.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh. Time to gear up and CP my DK and take him to BB and faceroll people. emot-black101.gif
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it, it's 20% more mitigation and Shields plus healing got a nerf right? In bwb on ps4 it takes me on average 3-4 seconds to kill a player with my Nb. So with 20% more it's going to take me 5 seconds? That's hardly game changing....
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Ooooh. Time to gear up and CP my DK and take him to BB and faceroll people. emot-black101.gif

Trust me... It won't happen. My damage was insane for a firemage in non-vet, and now it's less than my level 10 stamplar. No joke. You might not die, but neither will anyone else.

1vX is dead here, and ZoS is *** *** for not testing this... or at all thinking about this change and how it would affect non-vet.

Thanks, ZoS. Real *** A+ job.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    I don't get it, it's 20% more mitigation and Shields plus healing got a nerf right? In bwb on ps4 it takes me on average 3-4 seconds to kill a player with my Nb. So with 20% more it's going to take me 5 seconds? That's hardly game changing....

No, they didn't do their math right. Players are taking almost no damage now.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert, after the chaos of getting this patch out dies down, will the new battle spirit passive be looked at here? Haven't been on yet today but BWB was already a lower damage longer ttk game and this could easily make the campaign, 'less than enjoyable.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert, after the chaos of getting this patch out dies down, will the new battle spirit passive be looked at here? Haven't been on yet today but BWB was already a lower damage longer ttk game and this could easily make the campaign, 'less than enjoyable.

Pretty sure that along with the No Stamina Regen while blocking thing, the Battle Spirit changes are here to stay. Otherwise they would have looked at it during the PTS.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradox wrote: »

Have you actually tested hits to check though? As in say you did a 8k snipe before, maybe ask someone from another faction to let you hit them a few times and recalculate.

It could be you found some players that has high CPs/passives all to mitigate damage. Or it could be the actual battle spirit buff is broken.

But statically, I fire 2 snipes, a venom arrow, a light bow attack, then ambush, surprise attack and usually that is anyone dead in bwb, so it technically should take 20% more off of all those attacks, meaning one more SHOULD be enough to kill someone?
  • Woman
    Woman
    ✭✭✭
    I run the largest dueling guild in the campaign and so we have been able to test the damage thoroughly and there is a major difference.
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paradox wrote: »

Have you actually tested hits to check though? As in say you did a 8k snipe before, maybe ask someone from another faction to let you hit them a few times and recalculate.

It could be you found some players that has high CPs/passives all to mitigate damage. Or it could be the actual battle spirit buff is broken.

But statically, I fire 2 snipes, a venom arrow, a light bow attack, then ambush, surprise attack and usually that is anyone dead in bwb, so it technically should take 20% more off of all those attacks, meaning one more SHOULD be enough to kill someone?
    You guys are doing your math wrong though. 20% damage mitigation doesn't make that person is 20% harder to kill. It means they take 20% less damage from your attacks so they can effectively outheal your dps. As a Magicka nb, I can pop 1 ward and a rapid regen and 1 person CANNOT out-dps my heals (with the exception of 1 specific build i don't want to mention). i've been ganked so many times just roaming around and wrecking blows do 3k damage to me with 32k health...i could go make a cup of tea and come back before i even have to react. I can even out-heal that damage with 1 rapid regen.
  • Woman
    Woman
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is the tea analogy isn't just an analogy. I could probably do that haha
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is, everyone else in Vet PVP thinks that's a good idea too, and they are also in BB thinking they are going to faceroll people.

Trust me I already tried. And succeeded for the most part. But it's not really all that fun.
    Edited by JDar on August 31, 2015 11:30PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought u guys all wanted longer fights?
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Indeed. Careful what you wish for!
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who said that?
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In Vet PVP, maybe.

I don't think anybody wanted longer fights in BWB.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

Pretty sure that along with the No Stamina Regen while blocking thing, the Battle Spirit changes are here to stay. Otherwise they would have looked at it during the PTS.

About to log in, hoping for the best... maybe.

EDIT: Lagged a lot and crashed before finding a pvp fight, not sure if i'll try again tonight or not.
    Edited by CP5 on September 1, 2015 3:21AM
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭

The TTK in Nonvet had been perfect for 5 months. Nobody argued that it was too fast. Streamers and players on the forums actually asked for FASTER fights... But now everything is impossible. Absolutely no damage is going out.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads