Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

do not like Respec of of skill points

Vac333
Vac333
I would prefer getting a respec scroll when we get updates to skills
give me a choice...
takes to long to respec each char
would save lots of time
and would not reset my hireling timers, should have had 20+ hireling mails, but now I have none
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree its really annoying especially on characters I don't play much I can't remember where I spent the skill points.

Plus on most VET chars have so many skill points I just buy everything clearly respecting here is just a waste of time. On the few non vets I have had the respec has been worse because I end up missing stuff I did have, like all the passives on Summoner and then get ass handed to me.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone with 16 characters, I totally agree. It's really annoying. I used an addon last night to export a file showing where all of my skill points and such are for each character, so when I log on after work I'm just going to and put them all right back where they were. Even with that, it'll still take me a while to do.

I know some of the stuff has changed, so theoretically I shouldn't just put everything back in the same places, but I'd much rather do that and then pay to respec later if I decide I don't like a particular skill any more.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vac333 wrote: »
    I would prefer getting a respec scroll when we get updates to skills
    give me a choice...
    takes to long to respec each char
    would save lots of time
    and would not reset my hireling timers, should have had 20+ hireling mails, but now I have none

It's a pain but really needed with all the changes that they made to the game. It forces you to read the spells again to make the best decision. Otherwise you might take a morph and have to respec later on it. At first I hated the respecs, now it's nice to see how the spells changed and what not.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer a + [skill] - button that would let you remove a skill one at a time (like they do with CP)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of giving a Respec scroll instead to give people the option.
    Maybe they can implement that in the future. For now tho, done is done.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    Simplest, cheapest, lowest risk solution for devs. Any other thing they might try would probably get even more complaints than re-spec.

The really funny thing is they DID NOT re-spec attributes. Which they should have, because if people are re-doing their builds a lot of them may want to re-do the attributes to to be optimal. can't really fathom how they missed that.
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • Tectonaut
    Tectonaut
    ✭✭✭
    My question is how many people will have their nirn items they are currently researching destroyed by the reset? Or am I wrong and the items are actually returned?
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    Tectonaut wrote: »
    My question is how many people will have their nirn items they are currently researching destroyed by the reset? Or am I wrong and the items are actually returned?

My in process research is all intact and still going. Once I put the points back into the craft passives, the timers are back to what they should be. I lost nothing on my smith and woodworker.

Edited by Rikal on August 31, 2015 8:30PM
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • Tectonaut
    Tectonaut
    ✭✭✭
    +1 Thanks for the correction. I was genuinely concerned, considering I have like 20+ days left on some researches.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like being forced to respec on first login, although I appreciate that it's probably done that way to prevent compatibility and stability issues from mixing old and new skills etc.

I played GW2 yesterday for the first time in ages and was rather impressed by their method of telling me there had been major changes, a full respec was necessary and had been done automatically to provide the best match to my previous spec but that I could change it if I wanted to. Mind you, I took one look at the enormity of the changes, thought "I haven't a clue what that's all about" and logged out again! There's nothing worse than logging into a game you haven't played for a while and having to study all the character details and try and remember what the specs were originally let alone work out how you want them now - especially when you're an altoholic!

It just shows that forced respecs should only be imposed very rarely when absolutely necessary, and then handled in the most user-friendly way possible. Otherwise the original spec should be retained where compatible and a respec token provided for those who wish to respec when they're ready - Fallen Earth handles respecs that way as I recall.

I've no idea how this one will affect me as I won't have the patch till tomorrow, but I have spent some time today noting down the specs of the 8 characters on my main account. I'm not so bothered about my second account characters as they're very low level and it barely affects them.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    The free reset that was given out is a Large signal that MUCH has changed.

Use the free one, but you WILL be respecing shortly after that, again, I can assure you.
    Edited by Inactive Account on August 31, 2015 11:27PM
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here's a thought... They offer crown store respec items. Couldn't they just give you one of those for free? That way if you don't like how points are distributed, you can use that and have a "free" redistribution.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    As someone with 16 characters, I totally agree. It's really annoying. I used an addon last night to export a file showing where all of my skill points and such are for each character, so when I log on after work I'm just going to and put them all right back where they were. Even with that, it'll still take me a while to do.

I know some of the stuff has changed, so theoretically I shouldn't just put everything back in the same places, but I'd much rather do that and then pay to respec later if I decide I don't like a particular skill any more.

And it goes back and forth.

I too have 16 characters and I really like the auto-respec. However, given that you would willing to just wait and pay if needed; you aren't asking for a "respec for free" card, which I totally can respec t.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light of recent "where is my respec?!" threads, I am bumping this thread.

Yes, forced respec is not something everybody wants.

Yes, I believe they should sell "respec scrolls" in the crown store.

Then every major update they might give everybody a free scroll per character that expires after 7 days.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or ZOS could simply cap the skill and attribute respec costs just like how CP never costs more than 3k gold to change. I mean having a free respec is fantastic and should be provided with every major update but having a maximum skill respc cost of 5k gold has far more benefits over the long term. Instead we get the typical ZOS bandaid fix that causes more problems than it solves.
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on March 8, 2016 8:15AM