The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we please identify and squash bugs/exploits earlier ZOS?

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Over the past month or so I've come to realize that a large portion of pvp players are taking advantage of the double mundus exploit and many sorcs have been using overload exploit. I wonder just how long I've been playing at a disadvantage. I wonder how many times I've died to someone who has a whole mundus buff and a toggle buff advantage over me. For all I know, people could have been abusing this since way before 1.6.

I'm sure someone reported these exploits to ZOS months ago. I hope they pay more attention and squash these little exploits quicker this time around. Something always pops up that the power gamers will exploit in order to get an advantage. ZOS should watch some twitch streams sometime. Users that ZOS mention by name in a positive light are rolling around freely showing their exploits for all to see. It's a real bummer to find out months after the fact that I've been playing at a disadvantage all this time.
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bug fixing philosophy

Needless to say, I agree.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have never used the overload exploit and I won't do anything that is clearly cheating or exploiting. Sadly not every sorc does this. How can we cry foul about this sort of thing though while at the same time defend other mechanics that were clearly never intended? I suppose if it is available to you and you can benefit from it then it's okay? I personally feel like animation cancelling is exploiting game mechanics. And let's be clear the devs have never actually endorsed it, only acknowledged there is nothing they can do about it. We all know it was not intended. Exploits should be fixed immediately and they should be given the highest priority, and anyone found to be using them intentionally should be suspended. Sadly even with the numerous recordings we have showing individuals abusing exploits, we continue to see them repeatedly exploiting over and over; often the same individuals. Because of the "no shaming" policy there is little we can do to bring these individuals to light.

So why doesn't ZOS actually seem to do anything about this? I would like to get an official answer to this.
    :trollin:
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Bug/Exploit fixes should be the biggest priority behind the Lag resolution. Nothing kills PVP more than Lag and cheaters.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Miwerton
    Miwerton
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly the only bugs/exploit they have fixed lately (talking about live, nice to get rid of the sharpened mace double mundus and overload exploits from the patches) Has been those concerned with exp and gold/ mats (economy) that have gotten the hotfix hammer, and not the more crippling gameplay ones. Hopefully (hopes well is eternal) the bugs and exploits will get a much quicker debugg/hotfix ratio.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people won't benefit from using these exploits, at least not by much, but for the players that are already good these exploits offer an even greater advantage. A sword in the hands of a recruit seems as dull as a butter knife, but in the hands of an expert it can be a deadly weapon, if that makes sense.

It is really the same situation in PvE, mainly DSA leaderboard scoring. Most of the top groups have similar strategies for how to do the fastests runs, but those at the very top generally have their top score because of grinding their way to many champion points (which isn't an exploit but a *** game mechanic) and because of exploits, such as double mundus, active effects of sets you aren't wearing (similar to the twice born star double mundus exploit) as well as game mechanic exploits. In vDSA it is sometimes (though I am not sure this is something that is 100% reliable to happen) possible to skip ahead in a stage. I have had this happen to me only once, but knowing how to trigger such a thing would also be an exploit, though again, I'm not sure this can be done reliably, but there are rumours about it being possible.

Sidenote: Since it seems like bug reports aren't getting much attention (at least it is hard to tell without feedback from a dev) I have taken to making threads about bugs / potential exploits. On a few of these threads I have gotten responses from devs and while this doesn't nescessarily equal an immediate solution it does offer feedback that lets you know someone has actually acknowledged it.
    Also, it is quite hard for them to get rid of exploits I would imagine, those who discover them generally keep them hidden from others. Same reason why grindspots becoming popular / widely known results in hotfixes, because there are likely no one actually reporting something they see as benefitial to themselves, i.e. grindspots for faster levelling.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice