The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PSA - Energy Orb

Araxleon
Araxleon
✭✭✭✭✭
You can cast multiple each one the heal will stack.

Example - 1 orb 600 HPS 2 orbs 1200 HPS. Each orb will heal you. (me and a buddy both spamed them and had 11k healing per sec)

This will be insanely broken for large scale.
Edited by Araxleon on August 30, 2015 8:37AM
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks arax for finding this, we definitely do NOT want zergblobs with infinite healing running over pvp come monday
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Is energy orb stacking intended? you can reach some pretty insane healing over time (this was tested in PVP)
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's always been like this, it functions in the same way Healing Springs does. The only difference is it costs an obscene amount, and heals for less.

Energy orb has been my self heal for all my solo builds since 1.6, and as someone who uses it day in day out, I can tell you that if you think this is in anyway a good (let alone OP) group heal, you're dead wrong. Don't believe me? Go ahead and try having your raid spam it, it's trash compared to Healing Springs. The thing that makes it good for my solo spec is that I use it on sword/shield while blocking inside the orbs.

All of this is moot however in 2.1; the nerf to blocking & healing make Energy Orb trash even for solo play. I've had to go back to resto staff and Rapid Regen.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    It's always been like this, it functions in the same way Healing Springs does. The only difference is it costs an obscene amount, and heals for less.

Energy orb has been my self heal for all my solo builds since 1.6, and as someone who uses it day in day out, I can tell you that if you think this is in anyway a good (let alone OP) group heal, you're dead wrong. Don't believe me? Go ahead and try having your raid spam it, it's trash compared to Healing Springs. The thing that makes it good for my solo spec is that I use it on sword/shield while blocking inside the orbs.

All of this is moot however in 2.1; the nerf to blocking & healing make Energy Orb trash even for solo play. I've had to go back to resto staff and Rapid Regen.

@Teargrants I did, I spamed it vs @xylena on PTS and tanked WB like nothing went from 100% to 40% (from her wreckingblow) back up to 100% in 1 sec.

All im saying it I tested it and tanked insane amounts of damage.

I tested it with friends in memorial district and out healed most damage from mobs and players.

Edited by Araxleon on August 30, 2015 8:57AM
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

Example - 1 orb 600 HPS 2 orbs 1200 HPS. Each orb will heal you. (me and a buddy both spamed them and had 11k healing per sec)

I hope you know it's nothing when compared to Sap Essence in a large group/pack.

• ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

My energy orb ST heal is around 1600 hps per orb. And I never use it: it cost too much, you don't have any control on your teammates positioning etc etc.
    So no, I don't think is "insanely broken"
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess that someone that isn't a dedicated healer might think that energy orb is OP for healing. It is much better to just cast healing springs in a large scale group.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 30, 2015 6:27PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)