Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

At VR 3 is it viable to train a weapon skill from stratch?

Daedryn
Daedryn
Soul Shriven
Hello, I'm a Templar that has used destruction and restoration staves so far, but I'd like to try dual wield for the additional spellpower. I understand that I won't actually use the dual wield skills. I'm mostly soloing through Cadwell's Silver right now, which has been easy. Would I be really gimped replacing my destruction or restoration staff with dual wield? Or is it viable to train a third weapon skill line?

Best Answers

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely viable...I would just replace your restoration staff with your dual wield weapons of choice, and then go questing somewhere. Make sure that when you turn in quests that you do so with the dual wield weapons active -- that way that is the weapon earning the XP you get from quests. If you get the training trait on your dual wield weapons, they will level even faster.
    Answer ✓
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be a problem - I got 1H+Shield on my Templar from 1 to high 20s in less than 2 hour of normal questing at V6. It's a bit slower now, but I should be done by the time I am V8.

Make sure to have few skills from the DW tree on the bar when turning in quests. You can also help yourself by crafting weapons with the Training trait.

EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
    Answer ✓
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I've done quite easily,your other skills are maxxed which keeps u alive,just keeping one or two of the skills abilities on your bar grinding/questing works,add in the training trait and you'll be maxxed in no time
    Edited by Mojmir on August 29, 2015 6:49PM
    Answer ✓
  • Daedryn
    Daedryn
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the replies. I switched out the restoration staff for DW, since it felt redundant with the Templar's healing skills. I crafted some +training swords, put DW skill on my bar, and turned in quests with them equipped. It's leveling much quicker than I thought it would.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Put training on them
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedryn wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I switched out the restoration staff for DW, since it felt redundant with the Templar's healing skills. I crafted some +training swords, put DW skill on my bar, and turned in quests with them equipped. It's leveling much quicker than I thought it would.

it will slow down eventually, the gains arent going to be consistent with what your getting now, but it is the best/quickest way i know.
  • StriveForGreatness
    StriveForGreatness
    Soul Shriven
    If you're scared that your low skill level will be a problem, you could place one of it's abilities in your staff bar. It will go up while you're playing and when it's a decent level, you can switch it out. Works perfectly for me: I'm 2H dragonknight with one 1H & S ability locked in my bar. I did this from lv 15 on (lv 21 now). 2H is 31 now, while 1H & S is alreay close to 17!
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can at VR16.
    PC EU