Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to reliably find Jute/Fabric?

Rapthorne
Rapthorne
✭✭
I get iron weapon/armour drops constantly, and have more iron ingots and leather scraps than I can shake a stick at, but I am in dire need of jute and I assume other fabrics as a level. Where can I reliably get Jute and other fabrics? They don't drop very often and plants seem very few and far-between.

I tried on a different character investing in the assistant that brings you things every day, but it only gives me 3 raw resource per day, so seems completely not worth it.

Best Answer

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapthorne wrote: »
    I get iron weapon/armour drops constantly, and have more iron ingots and leather scraps than I can shake a stick at, but I am in dire need of jute and I assume other fabrics as a level. Where can I reliably get Jute and other fabrics? They don't drop very often and plants seem very few and far-between.

I tried on a different character investing in the assistant that brings you things every day, but it only gives me 3 raw resource per day, so seems completely not worth it.

Jute nodes are everywhere in the starting zones, and also fairly easy to see compared to cotton or flax. Maybe google some images of them. Once you get used to what they look like you'll be seeing them from half way across the map. You might want to spend a skill point in the Keen Eye passive for clothing, this will illuminate clothing nodes from a certain distance away. Also once you level the Hireling up he will bring you stuff twice a day.

PC | EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I spend so much time changing alts, running to set station, running to banks, moving to the next set station, going back to the bank.. woops just realised I have no mats and no gold on my crafter, relog my alt, buy mats, go to bank, relog, craft, run to bank.. after all this crap I just don't have the time, or will to scout around looking for material. Just buy them from the guild stores. I'd rather spend more time playing the game instead of running across Tamriel picking flowers.
  • Rapthorne
    Rapthorne
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Man, I spend so much time changing alts, running to set station, running to banks, moving to the next set station, going back to the bank.. woops just realised I have no mats and no gold on my crafter, relog my alt, buy mats, go to bank, relog, craft, run to bank.. after all this crap I just don't have the time, or will to scout around looking for material. Just buy them from the guild stores. I'd rather spend more time playing the game instead of running across Tamriel picking flowers.

Unfortunately, I'm very new to the game and my total gold pool is 435, I don't have the money to buy from other players just yet
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapthorne wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I'm very new to the game and my total gold pool is 435, I don't have the money to buy from other players just yet

Ah, fair call. Well you'll save a lot of money crafting your own items, and as long as you keep doing quests the gold will stack up nicely. At level 25 I had over 35k gold, which is plenty to buy some mats from guild stores.