The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Please give Force Shock only 1 chance to proc Nerien'Eth's Set

Dracane
Dracane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
At the moment, Force shock has a 30% chance per hit to proc Nerien's set and a 40% chance with light attack in each rotation.
I think this is unfair for everyone using this set, but not using Force Shock as their DPS ability.

Force shock should count as 1 projectile for Nerien'Eth to be in line with other abilities.
Same goes for any other abilities that is working this way.
Auri-El is my lord,
Trinimac is my shield,
Magnus is my mind.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep makes the valkyn skoria nerf look pretty silly by comparison. Not quite as silly as impulse and steel tornado but pretty close.
    Edited by Armitas on August 29, 2015 12:16PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you had another thread that became all about Destro Staff being pretty crap. This is the one and only DPS skill used from the entire tree, why nerf it?

Being a triple attack is all that is unique about it. Otherwise using Flame Whip, Jabs or Swallow soul is both better damage and better utility.
    EU | PC | AD
  • cmabouaf
    cmabouaf
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    At the moment, Force shock has a 30% chance per hit to proc Nerien's set and a 40% chance with light attack in each rotation.
    I think this is unfair for everyone using this set, but not using Force Shock as their DPS ability.

Force shock should count as 1 projectile for Nerien'Eth to be in line with other abilities.
    Same goes for any other abilities that is working this way.

hey i got a question, i just posted a forum thread on pts called http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/211562/siphoning-strikes-suggested-alternative-morph#latest

did this even show up or did zeni make me invisible cus i complain too much
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you had another thread that became all about Destro Staff being pretty crap. This is the one and only DPS skill used from the entire tree, why nerf it?

Being a triple attack is all that is unique about it. Otherwise using Flame Whip, Jabs or Swallow soul is both better damage and better utility.

Yea because Force Shock definately needs buffs, the entire D staff tree does.
    But this is another topic :) it's unfair, force shock has a tripple chance to proc this on hit compared to other abilities. It makes Nerien way too strong.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There clearly isn't going to be an overhaul to the destro line any time soon... so let them just leave this particular feature in until they do! :)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All monster sets working in exactly same way. And there are multiple skills which do exact same thing as force shock on these sets.
    And it isn't only these skills have advantage but also disadvantage vs defensive sets such as Malubeth and Blood Spawn.
    Also it is same for other crafted/dropped sets.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    All monster sets working in exactly same way. And there are multiple skills which do exact same thing as force shock on these sets.
    And it isn't only these skills have advantage but also disadvantage vs defensive sets such as Malubeth and Blood Spawn.

I can only think of Force shock and Biting Jabs and I'm not even sure about Jabs
    Edited by Dracane on August 29, 2015 4:59PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to nerf the destruction staff even more?
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs I believe counts as a DoT because it procs Valkyn so I would assume it cannot proc Nerieneths outside of the first hit.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭

Because when you nerf outliers like this you have just reason to buff the core of the weapon- IE the skills themselves.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only think of Force shock and Biting Jabs and I'm not even sure about Jabs
    Radiant Destruction, Flurry, channelled heavy attacks etc, everything that hits multiple times for one cast afaik. Some of them counting as dots, so they proc Valkyn set as well.
    For example, Malubeth set vs magicka DKs. It procs like every damn 10 sec.
    Edited by Soris on August 29, 2015 6:01PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »

Because when you nerf outliers like this you have just reason to buff the core of the weapon- IE the skills themselves.

Yes that logic worked perfectly so far for the Destrction Staff. Cause making its AoEs blockable and nerfing the passives (outliers) definitely stopped them from nerfing all the skills too. Yes, I see what you mean /sarcasm
    EU | PC | AD
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Radiant Destruction, Flurry, channelled heavy attacks etc, everything that hits multiple times for one cast afaik. Some of them counting as dots, so they proc Valkyn set as well.

Every single skill you mentioned is a dot and nerieneth can't proc on dots. Only other way for a 40% chance a second to proc is by using camo hunter from stealth and getting a proc as well as the stealth damage guaranteed hit and a light attack and a skill. Even for a dk if you're running nerieneth it may be better to use fp than whip because of how strong that extra prox chance is.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every single skill you mentioned is a dot and nerieneth can't proc on dots. Only other way for a 40% chance a second to proc is by using camo hunter from stealth and getting a proc as well as the stealth damage guaranteed hit and a light attack and a skill. Even for a dk if you're running nerieneth it may be better to use fp than whip because of how strong that extra prox chance is.

Yep, the are DoTs and shouldn't proc Nerien.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But this is another topic :) it's unfair, force shock has a tripple chance to proc this on hit compared to other abilities. It makes Nerien way too strong.

Is it unfair because you can't use this? I don't see where fairness comes I to play.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody can use force shock it's not like a class ability, so I don't see the problem with it
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is someone has tested if force shock rotation with nerien'et have a better dps than a lava whip rotation ? Is so, why nerfing destro staff again ?
    If that can boost sorc dps, I wish ZOS won't nerf it.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't test it but I'm thinking "X% chance when hit" and "X% chance when causing damage" are working in same way. I dont use nereineth though maybe it is different for those skills but force shock has the same effect on malubeth and blood spawn as on nerieneth. So it gives you advantage or disadvantage depending on the set.
    I think it's fine as it is.
    Edited by Soris on August 29, 2015 7:04PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't nierenth stationary though? As in dodgeable? Unlike valkyn
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gerardopg wrote: »
    Everybody can use force shock it's not like a class ability, so I don't see the problem with it

The problem here isn't fairness, it's simply that having a 40 % chance per second to proc Nerieneth is too good.
    So every caster will have to run a Force Shock build to do the best dps which decreases both gear as well as build diversity.

And I think giving different competitive options was what ZOS had in mind when they nerfed Skoria and buffed the other monster sets.
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Isn't nierenth stationary though? As in dodgeable? Unlike valkyn

Yes. it's just like the boss himself in CoH. with the exception that it's only one rather than a dozen and one. it's great vs big groups tho, because they are always clustered, sometimes they don't see thing like that.
    Kaliki wrote: »

The problem here isn't fairness, it's simply that having a 40 % chance per second to proc Nerieneth is too good.
    So every caster will have to run a Force Shock build to do the best dps which decreases both gear as well as build diversity.

And I think giving different competitive options was what ZOS had in mind when they nerfed Skoria and buffed the other monster sets.

Well, we don't really have diversity to begin with. sorcs only have a handful of worthwhile skills in PvP to begin with, less with this new patch actually. so i don't really think that's a big deal, at all. hell even in the current live; 9 times out of 10 you're facing sorcs with pretty much the same skill set as yourself. :/
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 29, 2015 7:30PM
    Invictus
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last thing Force Shock needs is more nerfs. It's already way too weak compared to main damage spells from other weapon lines!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't test it but I'm thinking "X% chance when hit" and "X% chance when causing damage" are working in same way. I dont use nereineth though maybe it is different for those skills but force shock has the same effect on malubeth and blood spawn as on nerieneth. So it gives you advantage or disadvantage depending on the set.
    I think it's fine as it is.

The tooltip states it cannot proc on dots. Also no One will ever use thus set in pvp due to the explosion time. Op is talking about for pve I believe
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »

Is it unfair because you can't use this? I don't see where fairness comes I to play.

Haha I'm using force shock all the time :) I'm playing Sorcerer currently.
    Sorry for not being biased
    Edited by Dracane on August 29, 2015 8:38PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last thing Force Shock needs is more nerfs. It's already way too weak compared to main damage spells from other weapon lines!

Force shock is way too weak. I'm the last to say it's fine.
    But force shock needs other buffs, mainly damage. I just thought, that it's not so fair if force shock has a 30% chance on hit to proc this set, while all those who don't use it only get a 10% chance.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭

You are missing the point.
    This is not a nerf to Force Shock, but to an item set.
    I'm all for buffs to FS... buffs people with different gear choices might also benefit from. :)
    Edited by Kaliki on August 29, 2015 8:41PM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are missing the point.
    This is not a nerf to Force Shock, but to an item set.
    I'm all for buffs to FS... buffs people with different gear choices might also benefit from. :)

Thanks for the understanding :) This is definately no Nerf Force Shock thread.
    Would make sense, because I just made a thread, showing how bugged this ability is at the moment.
    And it's not compareable to other other spammable dps abilities at the moment.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know man Idie rather run Molag Kena on a sorc, since it procs with weaving I think it's superior to Nerien'eth, also since you're relying a lot on DoTs as a sorc Molag Kena is much better to use overall
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The devs have their heads too far up their bums to give any buffs to any destro staff skills or passives. They've been demonstrating that for the last year now.

Asking for the 3-hit on CS/FS to be made 1 hit, will result in exactly that. If you think they will buff the skill to compensate for the change you are delusional.

I'm still waiting for them to reverse the 3 nerfs to Impulse (range, damage, cost) to make it even slightly comparable with Steel Tornado or Bombard
    EU | PC | AD
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The devs have their heads too far up their bums to give any buffs to any destro staff skills or passives. They've been demonstrating that for the last year now.

Asking for the 3-hit on CS/FS to be made 1 hit, will result in exactly that. If you think they will buff the skill to compensate for the change you are delusional.

I'm still waiting for them to reverse the 3 nerfs to Impulse (range, damage, cost) to make it even slightly comparable with Steel Tornado or Bombard

It would be great if impulse was unlockable like it used to be.