Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Best DPS 2.1

jkloza
jkloza
✭✭
Hey all,

Returning player here and I'm looking for some information on DPS classes now. I'm between Templar/nb/sorc, and am wondering where each stand in 2.1. I've heard that there seems to be a paradigm shift from Stam to magicka based builds, any truth to this?

Thanks in advance!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a stamina sorc have 5.2k weapon dmg and 35k stamina on pts -_-
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • jkloza
    jkloza
    ✭✭
    Wow nice any other pts stories?
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Magicka classes > Stamina classes next patch.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭

How is that possible?
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭

Made of wet tissue paper.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an lolDeltia build. It'll get torn apart in PvP because it only has one spammable skill (in theory)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

That's an lolDeltia build. It'll get torn apart in PvP because it only has one spammable skill (in theory)

Well thats a pve build not a pvp ^^ , thread did say best dps so i assumed pve.
    PS4 EU DC

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overload sorcs seem to have very high dps with the Molag Kena's set, during non-overload phases dps will probably be pretty low though.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

Always these Overload excuses. How can people even consider Overload part of Sorcerers DPS. It's an Ultimate and only used against the last Boss of a dungeon and if your group fails, you will not have enough Ultimate energy to maintain it a 2nd time and the rest of the dungeon is a nightmare, because Sorcerer barely pulls any numbers.

Even with Overload it's not as impressive as people believe. That's barely enough to bring Sorcerer at a similar level with other classes.
    Edited by Dracane on August 29, 2015 9:02AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    @Septimus_Magna

Always these Overload excuses. How can people even consider Overload part of Sorcerers DPS. It's an Ultimate and only used against the last Boss of a dungeon and if your group fails, you will not have enough Ultimate energy to maintain it a 2nd time and the rest of the dungeon is a nightmare, because Sorcerer barely pulls any numbers.

Even with Overload it's not as impressive as people believe. That's barely enough to bring Sorcerer at a similar level with other classes.

Sorcs do decent dps without overload and since my ults count to my dps its just reasonable to count overload to sorc dps
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

Sorcs do decent dps without overload and since my ults count to my dps its just reasonable to count overload to sorc dps

Decent is not enough to be on par with other classes.
    And if you look at my reasons above, Overload does not count. Sorcerer DPS totally relies on Overload and you have to save your Ultimate up for the entire dungeons. So 95% of the dungeon with low dps, where other classes deal their sustained maximum. And if the boss fight fails 1 time, you're pretty much lost again, because you have wasted too much Ultimate to maintain Overload a second time.

I know, you never have insight for anything on your Anti-Sorcerer war. But say whatever you want-
    Edited by Dracane on August 29, 2015 9:37AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

And if you look at my reasons above, Overload does not count. Sorcerer DPS totally relies on Overload and you have to save your Ultimate up for the entire dungeons. So 95% of the dungeon with low dps, where other classes deal their sustained maximum. And if the boss fight fails 1 time, you're pretty much lost again, because you have wasted too much Ultimate to maintain Overload a second time.

I know, you never have insight for anything on your Anti-Sorcerer war. But say whatever you want-

Same for your pro sorc war xD
    Your decent dps is still high enough and if you used other ults than overload you would have the same sustained dps so its up to you if you want to burst 1 boss or do sustained dps through the whole dungeon. So I see no reason why overload shouldnt count to your dps
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • jkloza
    jkloza
    ✭✭
    How about magicka based templars in the new patch? How are they faring? Are there any sorc DPS builds that don't include overload?
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    jkloza wrote: »
    How about magicka based templars in the new patch? How are they faring? Are there any sorc DPS builds that don't include overload?

Since magicka templar dps is lower than the dps of the other classes and templar got further nerfs I would say templar became a healbot.

Shure you could use a petbuild since it got buffed Idk how effective that would but but otherwise just use another ult like meteor, dawnbreaker or storm attro
    PC,EU, EP
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

Your decent dps is still high enough and if you used other ults than overload you would have the same sustained dps so its up to you if you want to burst 1 boss or do sustained dps through the whole dungeon. So I see no reason why overload shouldnt count to your dps

Nope, it's not enough. I want equal DPS for all classes. This is not the case curretnly, Sorcerer is far behind and it's just fair to ask for that. Not only you Templars need help.

BTW, Is this the wrong time to challenge you ? I really really want to destroy you in Cyrodiil. Meet me, I want to silence you already.
    Edited by Dracane on August 29, 2015 9:58AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

You would be surprised how much dps you can do with overload, I was pulling 18k with ease on bosses yesterday. You need to use mobs between bosses to charge it but at that moment dps doesnt matter so much. Most bosses are short enough to nuke down only with overload so its actually viable but you need to use DW on your overload bar.

I was sceptical at first but overload builds are actually very viable because you can store up 1000 ultimate and thats enough to get bosses down, or at least to execute range if the other dps is below par.

PC - EU (AD)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

You would be surprised how much dps you can do with overload, I was pulling 18k with ease on bosses yesterday. You need to use mobs between bosses to charge it but at that moment dps doesnt matter so much. Most bosses are short enough to nuke down only with overload so its actually viable but you need to use DW on your overload bar.

I was sceptical at first but overload builds are actually very viable because you can store up 1000 ultimate and thats enough to get bosses down, or at least to execute range if the other dps is below par.

How about an option to Overload ? Sorcerer is the only class relying on a stupid Ultimate to to something and without Overload, they do nothing.

How cool would it be to use the Atronach instead to boost DPS. But it's pointless, it's DPS is way too low
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not so much worried about who has the most or best dps,as long as i can sustainably keep or adapt with my builds in the new patch, then ill be happy. it will take some time for everyone to adapt, even the ones who have been on PTS. your not going to have all the gear handed to you on live and certainly will take time to farm the newer sets and adapt all of said characters.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

Nope, it's not enough. I want equal DPS for all classes. This is not the case curretnly, Sorcerer is far behind and it's just fair to ask for that. Not only you Templars need help.

BTW, Is this the wrong time to challenge you ? I really really want to destroy you in Cyrodiil. Meet me, I want to silence you already.

Well in my opinion sorcs are far from being far behind ;)

Its never the wrong time to challange me for duels. Are you on the Eu server?
    PC,EU, EP
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

Yes I am on the EU server. So, let's meet ;)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

How about an option to Overload ? Sorcerer is the only class relying on a stupid Ultimate to to something and without Overload, they do nothing.

How cool would it be to use the Atronach instead to boost DPS. But it's pointless, it's DPS is way too low

If you take away standard/shooting star for magicka DKs their dps would also be a lot less impressive. The only difference is that sorcs need to save up more ultimate which is a big disadvantage. But when sorcs have stored up enough ultimate its really easy to pull very high dps by simply buffing up and spamming light attacks, this takes no skill at all.

At the end of the day you hardly have a choice if you want to do high dps as any class, there're a couple things that work for each class and if you dont use it your dps will be low.

PC - EU (AD)
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are talking about pve but in pvp sorcerers are superior againsts all classes. No one can beat shield stacking, curse+magika detonation spamming sorcerer. And they also wait in deadric minefield.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

Yes I am on the EU server. So, let's meet ;)

Okay I dont know if I will make it on today but I will definitely have time tomorrow
    PC,EU, EP
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrediath wrote: »
    You guys are talking about pve but in pvp sorcerers are superior againsts all classes. No one can beat shield stacking, curse+magika detonation spamming sorcerer. And they also wait in deadric minefield.

Apart from stam nb's ^^
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love seeing one person saying they are good and another saying they are bad (comparatively) seemingy its balanced.

I agree not all dps is equal, but each class has its own advantages in their own way (I do feel for templars imo)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

LoL. We are going to count your ultimate for DPS purposes ... but not mine!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Septimus_Magna

Overload is a 1 boss attempt, you fail the boss the first time sorc dps then drops, it's a 1 time deal.
    PS4 EU DC

• Knewos
    Knewos
    @Septimus_Magna

Overload is a 1 boss attempt, you fail the boss the first time sorc dps then drops, it's a 1 time deal.

Yeah, but you only need one boss attempt, so its pretty fine. (And on most Dungeon Boss fights you dont even use much of the 1000% youve got, more like 200 or something so its OK.)
    And i do have a pretty decent Build without Overload but only with next patch possibilitys.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, guys, come on, please, this thread is not just about Sorc. I do have the same question as OP.

I'm playing a magicka Templar atm, doing both healer and dps, whatever needed. But I heard magicka Temp is going to be nerfed pretty bad next DLC. Sun Shield only 15% max health now, Radiant Destruction, the only execution of magicka Temp being nerfed. So now I'm just a heal bot? (Disclaim: All of this are just rumor that I've head, don't know if it truth or not.)

I also have another stam NB which I haven't play for a while. How stam NB do in the next DLC?
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, guys, come on, please, this thread is not just about Sorc. I do have the same question as OP.

I'm playing a magicka Templar atm, doing both healer and dps, whatever needed. But I heard magicka Temp is going to be nerfed pretty bad next DLC. Sun Shield only 15% max health now, Radiant Destruction, the only execution of magicka Temp being nerfed. So now I'm just a heal bot? (Disclaim: All of this are just rumor that I've head, don't know if it truth or not.)

I also have another stam NB which I haven't play for a while. How stam NB do in the next DLC?

well sun shield value is reduced by 50% in pvp like all other shields too but since damage is reduced by 50% too its no change to shields but yea rd gets a nerf which is needed because that skill is just too strong but on the other hand templars were just able to do te dps others were able to do because of rd. so we would have needed something else in return to compensate that nerf which is not the case... just more nerfs to eclipse for example
    PC,EU, EP