Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thank you Zenimax

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »
    I haven't read any of the original post, i only read the title, but i will take a guess out of thin air what was written

once in a while someone will make an entire post dedicated to thanking the devs for making the game, and that all the trolls and haters should go away and be ignored, but they will also use comments such as "this game isn't perfect", or "it has some improving to do", stuff like that to make it seem like he isn't a completely obsessed nerd.

following this they will probably mention stuff about their personal life, they may comment about the lack of time they have to play the game, and they will definitely mention having a girlfriend/wife, just to get that out there and let everyone know they obivously don't play the game 20 hours a day.

how did i do? :D sorry i was bored

Sadly much too well.
  • QB941
    QB941
    QB941 wrote: »
    Wow, good post and encouragement for us who are new to the game. Hours of entertainment sounds good to me.

Just curious though, how long did it take you to finish the game and given that you also did the quests etc?

Congrats on finishing the main game storyline.

About a week to hit 50 and finish Chapter 6. Did all quest achievements en route as well. Don't expect it to be that short though, I pretty much no-lifed it

Wow, I'm trying to go slow and not hit the higher levels immediately. Am on my 1st week with my 2nd toon and level 11 currently :-) So it will take me a while...

Regards,

QB
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post I 100% agree
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    wldkarde wrote: »
    Glad to hear your enjoying the ESO experience OP!

I've been at it for over 15 months, and I recently bought a second account I'm enjoying it so much.

May your journey continue to be grand :)
    Well then, allow me to officially welcome you to the multiple accounts club! We're not entirely sane here, but we like it that way!

OK, there's not actually a club, but I always feel a little better about my own multiple accounts when I hear that other people also have multiple accounts.
    Lol, I remember reading about one guy here that has 10 accounts because he wanted a guild bank to himself.
    So dont feel bad, man.

... Oooh. Nah... better not.

... but Oooh.
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I've been playing since PC launch over a year ago, and I still feel pretty much the way OP does. This game has flaws and various things that I would like to see done differently, but overall I love the journey. Maybe that's why I've got 2 accounts and 16 characters: because I love the journey.

The reason you have 2 accounts and 16 characters is because you are a masochist @UrQuan ;)
    I think it's actually because DOUG-UP-SQUIRREL-600x300.jpg

Really, though, I think having so many characters helps keep me from getting burned out. I play whichever character I feel like playing at the time. I'll load up the game and think to myself "saaaaaay, I haven't visited with Neesha in a while, I should see what she's up to now that she's in Daggerfall territory" so I'll go and play that character instead of the one I had been playing last time.

And this is the reason that character slots need to get into the store post haste!
    Edited by wraith808 on August 27, 2015 8:05PM
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dru1076 wrote: »
    Great thread. There needs to be more of these. Despite all it's faults, this is still a great game and offers a little something for just about everyone.

At the end of the day, ESO is a wonderful addition to the Elder Scrolls games. I have no doubt even those posting "whines" do so because they actually love the game. Sounds funny, but people only get as passionate about things they love.

Like any community this large, there are going to be a wide variety of opinions about what is best for the game. You can't even give Zos a pat on the back without someone explaining how wrong you are. Now that... That really doesn't make sense. But everyone is entitled to an opinion :)

Nice thread OP. The main story was great fun.

Bumping this thread, I think given the recent layoffs, maybe the negative people on this forum could take a minute and consider heaping some praise on the employees of the company.

Many of the protect people go out of their way to personally attack or blame employees of zenimax for not having an unneeded feature. Then many posters wonder aloud why the employees they just insulted will not engage them on the topic.

Its silly.

I think we should strive to keep this thread at the top of the forums, to show our support for the employees.

• MrNevermore
    MrNevermore
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read any of the original post, i only read the title, but i will take a guess out of thin air what was written

once in a while someone will make an entire post dedicated to thanking the devs for making the game, and that all the trolls and haters should go away and be ignored, but they will also use comments such as "this game isn't perfect", or "it has some improving to do", stuff like that to make it seem like he isn't a completely obsessed nerd.

following this they will probably mention stuff about their personal life, they may comment about the lack of time they have to play the game, and they will definitely mention having a girlfriend/wife, just to get that out there and let everyone know they obivously don't play the game 20 hours a day.

I haven't read this post, only looked at the avatar, but I will take a guess out of thin air what was written

How did I do?

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't read this post, only looked at the avatar, but I will take a guess out of thin air what was written

How did I do?

Oh very clever, but if you spent 1 minute on forum search function, typing "thank you zenimax" you would see how many of those posts are already here and all those threads are exactly like @Valn summed up.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

How did I do?

Why not put all that energy into a positive response?

If these posts are so formulaic why not add something that is positive and is lacking in the previous entries?
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    bedlom wrote: »
    Good post I 100% agree

What's been your favorite part of the game so far?