Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thank you Zenimax

MrNevermore
MrNevermore
✭✭✭
I've finally completed the main story and I have to say, what a journey!

Thank you for creating such an intesely entertaining game, full of rich lore and incredible story-driven questlines! I've played a hell of a lot of MMOs in my time and, to be honest, halfway through I either give up because it's dull or I skip loads of quest and story dialogue because it's boring or I just want to get max level. With ESO, I honestly didn't want it to end, I read every single word!

From the first time I stepped through the portal until the very end, I couldn't put my controller down. Much to my girlfriend's dismay, I watched the clock speed through time as I promised myself (and her) "one more quest" or "one more level".

I grinned like an idiot stepping into Riften and spent a good 5 minutes deciding what choice to make at the end of the Mages Guild questline, I honestly can't think of a time where I wasn't completely entertained.

As an MMO, it's still young and things only really improve after a little trial and error. Hopefully the issues with group finder being a pain in the ass to use and *cough*textchatonconsoles*cough* will be ironed out in due time.

But now, as I'm staring down the long road of grinding out VR and CR, I'm happy I made the purchase.

You've done a good job Zenimax and I've really enjoyed stepping into Tamriel once again and I can assure you I'll be here for quite some time.

TL;DR - Haters gonna hate, end of the day there is an amazing world at our fingertips and maybe we should come together with our love of it rather than expecting the perfect game straight off the bat. No MMO was perfect on release, this won't be any different.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But No Dyable Shields

0/10
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for creating such an intesely entertaining game, full of rich lore and incredible story-driven questlines! I've played a hell of a lot of MMOs in my time and, to be honest, halfway through I either give up because it's dull or I skip loads of quest and story dialogue because it's boring or I just want to get max level. With ESO, I honestly didn't want it to end, I read every single word!

From the first time I stepped through the portal until the very end, I couldn't put my controller down. Much to my girlfriend's dismay, I watched the clock speed through time as I promised myself (and her) "one more quest" or "one more level".

I grinned like an idiot stepping into Riften and spent a good 5 minutes deciding what choice to make at the end of the Mages Guild questline, I honestly can't think of a time where I wasn't completely entertained.

As an MMO, it's still young and things only really improve after a little trial and error. Hopefully the issues with group finder being a pain in the ass to use and *cough*textchatonconsoles*cough* will be ironed out in due time.

But now, as I'm staring down the long road of grinding out VR and CR, I'm happy I made the purchase.

You've done a good job Zenimax and I've really enjoyed stepping into Tamriel once again and I can assure you I'll be here for quite some time.

TL;DR - Haters gonna hate, end of the day there is an amazing world at our fingertips and maybe we should come together with our love of it rather than expecting the perfect game straight off the bat. No MMO was perfect on release, this won't be any different.

Tl:dr , you realise Eso release was over a year ago right?
  • ChibiMechaX78
    ChibiMechaX78
    ✭✭

Let's play spot the Console Player. :D
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky you, you are still staring at that road. No vet pvp experience i guess? Well see you in a month.
  • MrNevermore
    MrNevermore
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and that's nothing compared to it's potential longevity.

Were you expected to be fully functional when you were a year old?
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you OP, I thought the questing experience to gold was the best iv'e encountered in any mmorpg to date.
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, and that's nothing compared to it's potential longevity.

Were you expected to be fully functional when you were a year old?

No but eso is probly 1/3 through its life cycle. At 1/3 of my life cycle I was
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never once was I bored during questing, every quest I did was interesting. Very well done indeed. Eso has also made me spoiled with voice acting for every single quest.
  • ThaLastProdigy
    I agree. I've always wanted to play a good MMORPG but never had the time to build or buy the PC. I was playing Destiny for a little bit and it was fun but it definitely wasn't what I was looking for in a MMO. So I bought ESO and like the OP said I was hook. It made me abandon my friends on Destiny...(poor guys). But they understood. This game is great. I'm just about done with Cadwells Silver and there's still much to do. This game has quickly become my all time favorites.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since PC launch over a year ago, and I still feel pretty much the way OP does. This game has flaws and various things that I would like to see done differently, but overall I love the journey. Maybe that's why I've got 2 accounts and 16 characters: because I love the journey.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post OP, don't let the grumpy trolls dissuade you.
    Notice they are all still here.
    Oh yeah been here since PC beta and now console, so lets play spot the been there done that.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good for you OP
    Ignore the children, someone apparently left the playpen door open again.

I remember your feeling and agree. Enjoy every moment the first time through, explore every nook and cranny. You still have plenty of exploring left to do.
    It is an amazing and beautiful world and one thing I could never fault is the artistry and creativity that went into it.
    Also glad you apparently have an understanding girlfriend lol.

Cheers and enjoy your travels!
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your enjoying the ESO experience OP!

I've been at it for over 15 months, and I recently bought a second account I'm enjoying it so much.

May your journey continue to be grand :)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wldkarde wrote: »

I've been at it for over 15 months, and I recently bought a second account I'm enjoying it so much.

Well then, allow me to officially welcome you to the multiple accounts club! We're not entirely sane here, but we like it that way!

OK, there's not actually a club, but I always feel a little better about my own multiple accounts when I hear that other people also have multiple accounts.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Well then, allow me to officially welcome you to the multiple accounts club! We're not entirely sane here, but we like it that way!

OK, there's not actually a club, but I always feel a little better about my own multiple accounts when I hear that other people also have multiple accounts.
    Lol, I remember reading about one guy here that has 10 accounts because he wanted a guild bank to himself.
    So dont feel bad, man.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at PC gamers

Awesome post OP, I agree with your sentiment. Id love skyrim online and this is as close as I can get

.... First person for the win! :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love how negative people are being, i for one am loving the game. But then again i have always loved it since beta.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good post OP, don't let the grumpy trolls dissuade you.
    Notice they are all still here.
    Oh yeah been here since PC beta and now console, so lets play spot the been there done that.

100 percent correct.
    I really don't get why some people are so negative about such an awesome game.

For my 60$ , its a heck of a value! And no monthly fee! This game blows away all competition .

Hey op did you know you still get to play through the other teams quest lines as a vet rank new game plus?

And the PvP is actually awesome. Sure you're going to get killed but there's no damage to your armor or penalty in anyway.
    You can literally only benefit by playing in terms of alliance points and rewards.

Plus if you haven't had the chance to meet a good group, you will quickly in PvP, as many people form temp groups that often grow into guilds or friends.

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Let's play spot the Console Player. :D

I was thinking the opposite. Oh look, another smug PC neckbeard. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been playing since PC launch over a year ago, and I still feel pretty much the way OP does. This game has flaws and various things that I would like to see done differently, but overall I love the journey. Maybe that's why I've got 2 accounts and 16 characters: because I love the journey.

The reason you have 2 accounts and 16 characters is because you are a masochist @UrQuan ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I thought the same thing when I first completed the main story. Give it a month.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

The reason you have 2 accounts and 16 characters is because you are a masochist @UrQuan ;)
    I think it's actually because DOUG-UP-SQUIRREL-600x300.jpg

Really, though, I think having so many characters helps keep me from getting burned out. I play whichever character I feel like playing at the time. I'll load up the game and think to myself "saaaaaay, I haven't visited with Neesha in a while, I should see what she's up to now that she's in Daggerfall territory" so I'll go and play that character instead of the one I had been playing last time.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great thread. There needs to be more of these. Despite all it's faults, this is still a great game and offers a little something for just about everyone.

At the end of the day, ESO is a wonderful addition to the Elder Scrolls games. I have no doubt even those posting "whines" do so because they actually love the game. Sounds funny, but people only get as passionate about things they love.

Like any community this large, there are going to be a wide variety of opinions about what is best for the game. You can't even give Zos a pat on the back without someone explaining how wrong you are. Now that... That really doesn't make sense. But everyone is entitled to an opinion :)

Nice thread OP. The main story was great fun.
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • QB941
    QB941
    Wow, good post and encouragement for us who are new to the game. Hours of entertainment sounds good to me.

Just curious though, how long did it take you to finish the game and given that you also did the quests etc?

Congrats on finishing the main game storyline.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QB941 wrote: »
    Wow, good post and encouragement for us who are new to the game. Hours of entertainment sounds good to me.

Just curious though, how long did it take you to finish the game and given that you also did the quests etc?

It's an MMO, it's never "finished". They add content on a regular basis.
    Completing the main story, as of now, puts you less than 1/3 of the way through.

PC/NA
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I've always wanted to play a good MMORPG but never had the time to build or buy the PC. I was playing Destiny for a little bit and it was fun but it definitely wasn't what I was looking for in a MMO. So I bought ESO and like the OP said I was hook. It made me abandon my friends on Destiny...(poor guys). But they understood. This game is great. I'm just about done with Cadwells Silver and there's still much to do. This game has quickly become my all time favorites.

Destiny is a neutered MMO, ESO is making me abandon my friends on Destiny as well. Btw I think I have done 170 raids in Destiny and get requests to run sword occasionally still so I was pretty invested in Destiny.
    Edited by bryanhaas on August 27, 2015 5:43PM
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

Lol, I remember reading about one guy here that has 10 accounts because he wanted a guild bank to himself.
    So dont feel bad, man.

That's not a bad idea.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • MrNevermore
    MrNevermore
    ✭✭✭
    QB941 wrote: »

About a week to hit 50 and finish Chapter 6. Did all quest achievements en route as well. Don't expect it to be that short though, I pretty much no-lifed it
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    The main, faction, FG, and MG quest lines I enjoy very much. IMO quite well done overall. There were some bugs they worked out along the way. Weaker bits of dialog were replaced (though I think many or most of those were placeholders that were not intended to go live, but did due to time constraints). Many of the side quests are excellent too, though some could be improved by trimming them down a bit;)

I also have two accounts (12 characters seems to be my sweet spot, allowing at least one of every race, and equal numbers for each class and faction), one since initial launch. I've gotten my entertainment value for sure despite my obvious pet peeves; no AH, and strange gathering inequity for medium armor mats.

So I'd also like to add my thanks to ZOS.
    Edited by Rikal on August 27, 2015 6:58PM
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't read any of the original post, i only read the title, but i will take a guess out of thin air what was written

once in a while someone will make an entire post dedicated to thanking the devs for making the game, and that all the trolls and haters should go away and be ignored, but they will also use comments such as "this game isn't perfect", or "it has some improving to do", stuff like that to make it seem like he isn't a completely obsessed nerd.

following this they will probably mention stuff about their personal life, they may comment about the lack of time they have to play the game, and they will definitely mention having a girlfriend/wife, just to get that out there and let everyone know they obivously don't play the game 20 hours a day.

how did i do? :D sorry i was bored