Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mages Guild Meteor Ability Morph?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
Ice Comet or Shooting Star for the Meteor ability for the mages guild . which one is better? anyone with this ability have any advice ? or does anyone really? i like the sound of ice comet though but shooting star sounds really cool too.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shooting Star. The Ultimate Regen is too nice to pass up.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kind of depends. If you plan on using it primarily for boss fights, Ice Comet is nice because it straight up does more damage, and unless it happens to be a fight with a lot of adds, you wouldn't get that much extra ultimate from Shooting Star anyway.

For general use, though, I like Shooting Star better by far. When soloing dolmens, it's my best friend. I open up with a Shooting Star on the worm cultists (I wait until the max number of them are standing there to be hit by it), go in to finish them off, and then shortly after daedra start dropping my Shooting Star is ready to drop again. I usually end up using it several times in one dolmen.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    Yeah both sorc's I run with in my group use shooting star. Great for the add clearing so they say. We'll group them up, they drop comet and i'll drop my nova. If we have to pull things into tunnels or around corners to cluster them we do that as well when there are a lot of casters or archers that won't move.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    wait ice commet does more damage than shooting star? how?
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mugetsu wrote: »

Check the tooltip. Ice Comet does more damage, Shooting Star gives Ultimate.

For Single Target DPS, use Ice Comet always. Only exception are DKs with their increased fire damage. Shooting Star is nice vs Trash, but Ice Comet is the real deal vs bosses.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Jeckll wrote: »

For Single Target DPS, use Ice Comet always. Only exception are DKs with their increased fire damage. Shooting Star is nice vs Trash, but Ice Comet is the real deal vs bosses.

trash?
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

trash?

Groups of mobs, usually located between two dungeon bosses, are called "trash". More simplistic: Against groups of multiple enemies, Shooting Star is better, against single enemies, Ice Comet is the way to go.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

trash?

Trash mobs, i.e. not bosses, tend to be lots of them. I would add that I think Ice Comet is a better choice in pvp, whereas Shooting Star strikes me as better for pve. Exceptions would be if you only zerg in pvp, or if you wanted a boss ultimate in pve, then I would switch my choices.
    PC | EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want with shooting star.I'm a DK.

Chuck engulfing flames on a mob, dark talons, meteor, half my ultimate back and everything is melting.

I'm a tank, so it's nice to help dps focus on boss by sometimes also aggroing a mob, stack them on boss and drop shooting on them all.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i would think the ultimate bonus would be better :/ but i guess not
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I want with shooting star.I'm a DK.

Chuck engulfing flames on a mob, dark talons, meteor, half my ultimate back and everything is melting.

I'm a tank, so it's nice to help dps focus on boss by sometimes also aggroing a mob, stack them on boss and drop shooting on them all.
    Ha ha, this is literally exactly what my DK does! I love it!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Helps that the DPS and healer I run with have it too.

Stack adds on the boss, do as I said above, triple meteor. Someone activates my talons synergy, dps sorc drops whatever gives the conduit synergy (lightning splash maybe) and things just melt. It's a lot of fun when it comes together
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice comet is more damage unless you are dunmer and the slow is nice for pvp but shooting star is bigger in big groups. So totally depents on your taste and playstyle. I use shooting star on my dk and ice comet in my templar ;)
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    be aware that they can both be reflected by a dragonight. its nice when the meteor destroys people in pvp but it is truely a nightmare to have it reflected and hit you instead of the enemy.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    be aware that they can both be reflected by a dragonight. its nice when the meteor destroys people in pvp but it is truely a nightmare to have it reflected and hit you instead of the enemy.

I just counter their reflect by using eclipse in the very last moment. Most dks go full offense because they think the meteor will hit me resulting in ritting them unblocked followed by my jesus beam = a dead dk
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Ice comet is more damage unless you are dunmer and the slow is nice for pvp but shooting star is bigger in big groups. So totally depents on your taste and playstyle. I use shooting star on my dk and ice comet in my templar ;)

im usually a pve if that helps but hope to dabble in pvp soon
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭

Totally up to you. Its one of the few skills where both morphs are good and both have its pros and cons
    PC,EU, EP
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

Totally up to you. Its one of the few skills where both morphs are good and both have its pros and cons

what are the pros and cons of both morphs? i hear ice comet does more dmg but shooting star is better forrrrrrrr ? pve? and ice comet is for pvp?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well don't discount shooting star for dps and dumner on pvp.

It's fire damage and they both have fire debunks.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭

what are the pros and cons of both morphs? i hear ice comet does more dmg but shooting star is better forrrrrrrr ? pve? and ice comet is for pvp?

Ice comet also has an 85% slow which is nice for pvp but shooting star returns 9 ultimade for each enemy hit so if you hit a big group you will most likely have it up to 50% again which allows you to use it more often. But if you want to use it for single target damage ice comet is stronger
    PC,EU, EP
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shooting star is 12 ultimate gained per person when fully leveled
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 28, 2015 1:40PM
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shooting star is 12 ultimate gained per person when fully leveled

Oh okay sry my misstake :)
    PC,EU, EP
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, not having a go, just saying. Every little adds up when it comes to ultimate's. The amount of time it pings as I get killed! A second earlier and everything could be different
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

Ice comet also has an 85% slow which is nice for pvp but shooting star returns 9 ultimade for each enemy hit so if you hit a big group you will most likely have it up to 50% again which allows you to use it more often. But if you want to use it for single target damage ice comet is stronger

shooting star doesnt have any slow effect?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it doesn't
    Edited by Brrrofski on August 28, 2015 6:30PM
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    No, it doesn't

so ice commet has the damage buff plus slow effect and shooting star just gives ultimate i see. hard choice to make
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But, if you are a DK like myself, there are buffs that increase fire damage. So shooting star does a bit more damage then as it's fire damage.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Shooting Star, especially if you fight daedra (fights guild passives) and hit a group the ulitmate is almost instantly up again.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. But, if you are a DK like myself, there are buffs that increase fire damage. So shooting star does a bit more damage then as it's fire damage.

im a sorcerer does that help any?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just counter their reflect by using eclipse in the very last moment. Most dks go full offense because they think the meteor will hit me resulting in ritting them unblocked followed by my jesus beam = a dead dk

I love meteor reflecting on my dk...

Double meteor reflecting another dk is even better.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...