The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mount Alliance-Based Saddle Blanket reintroduction

Jiigen
Jiigen
✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

I have been wondering, and have kept asking GMs what happened to the alliance-based saddle blankets for mounts that were in the up until the introduction of the Crown Store. GMs have always told me that they should be visible, and that all visual upgrades should be shown and that it is working as intended. And after a while they disregard the topic again or tell people to look into it.
Even in the latest PTS they are still not present. And I want to a definitive answer as to why.

What am I talking about?
The cloth blanket that goes underneath the saddle of a mount, previously only horses. Which had a style and colour based on the character's alliance. They appeared only when a horse reached the maximum level (50 back then).
After the introduction of the Crown Store (Update 6) the blankets disappeared from all of my mounts.

Aldmeri Saddle Blanket - 8FAAXI0.png
Daggerfall Saddle Blanket - Rp60btJ.png
Ebonheart Saddle Blanket - Imperial_White_Horse.jpg

I was wondering if we will see them again, and why they are gone.

Thanks,
Jiigen
"To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They disappeared because of the change in the system (there is now not a "Level 50" for mounts). I'm pretty sure ZOS want to bring them back, but there may be implementation issues under the new system (eg, deciding and coding when they should appear, now that there are three 1-60 scales instead of one 1-50 scale).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I understood that, but it seems silly to be set back by something like that. In any case, change it so that all have to be maxed, then think about changing it to either one maxed out, all upgrades unlocked, or keep it the way it is.
    Instead they removed it entirely, I think it's more because they were too lazy to make visuals for Guars and Senche mounts.

So I was wondering if they would reimplement it again, it was a nice feature of the mount to give it more customization.
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZOS, any new words about that ? I want it back too ! Or maybe something new. Having that kind of stuff for maxing our mount skill was cool :(