Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Coldharbor Quest - An unusual circumstance - Big Problem

Nixlinx
Nixlinx
Hello everyone,

I am stuck in the quest "An Unusual Circumstance" in Coldharbor. I sided with the Lamia and already stole all their eggs back without killing any elves. Now I should use the Wisps of Light to get past the guardians for the shard of light / darkness, but an interaction is not possible. I don't get a message for interaction when I go near them. I tried everything, circling around them, pressing all the buttons, logging out, starting the quest new but nothing workes for me. Is there anything I missed ? I don't want to kill the elves and lose the elf girl, so I need a way to get past them, but they're respawning awfully fast. Siding with the elves is no option either, because the quest starts with "Return the eggs", when I cancel it.

I would be very grateful for every help! i' playing on European Mega Server for PS4

Thanks in advance!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, this one is kind of tricky. Basically, if you watch the NPCs, you will see your opening to go up on the platform and do what you need to do. An Invisibility potion can help with this.

To do it like the game asks, you do need to touch the blob of light you were using in the beginning of the quest, see about 6:15 into this video for how that works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vof2ejwTICo
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the no kill the elves an auto fail anyway .. with the Lamia killing the elf bosses ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• cinnamonbooty
    I had this issue as well... it seems the answer lies in the responses above, but I was able to complete it by blundering through like a maniac without attacking any bosmer
    Cinnamon
  • Nixlinx
    Nixlinx
    Many thanks for the great replies, when I read "Invisibility Potion" I felt like a total idiot :smiley: I'm Level 31 in Alchemy and have LOTS of ingredients in my bank but didn't got the idea to actually use them for this >.> I made a potion which lastet for 11 sec and the quest was no problem anymore :) Finally I can go forth and conquer Coldheaven :smiley:

Have a nice day!
  • Nixlinx
    Nixlinx
    @OzJohnD Faraniel showed up in my City, together with the Lamia, even after the Elders got killed by them. So it worked for me, she thanks me for not killing her people ;)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    Isn't the no kill the elves an auto fail anyway .. with the Lamia killing the elf bosses ?
    No. What matters is not that the elves don't get killed - what matters is that you didn't kill any of them. That's enough for Faraniel to come and help you.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    okay thanks guys
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Transcendent554
    Transcendent554
    Soul Shriven
    I reset my quest after I think I failed the not killing of elves because others were doing it as I was taking the shards.

Now I can't find the quest npc's to start it again :(

Edit: Got it working, had to abandon another quest I think and I was able to pick things up before there.
    Edited by Transcendent554 on September 15, 2015 7:24AM
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too had to abandon quest. Good thing that it's still available afterwords. Just run back to the Lamia who gave it to you. unlimited reset chances!

And yes, combo of sneak and invisibility potions works well. Sneak can work too, you just need to pay attention to the movement patterns of the guards...they all shift at some point to a spot where you can get to the crystal unseen if you sneak.