Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Question about set bonuses

wizardpsx
wizardpsx
Im looking at an online website and see that the seducer set provides:

-2piece: 109 magicka regen
-3piece: 821 max magicka
-4piece: 109 magicka regen

if i equip 5 pieces on my guy do i get these bonuses times 5. the only reason i ask this is i saw the values going up and down on my level 49 character due to item quality (Green/white)

so if i put on 4 peices, do each peice add whats above for a total of

from 2 piece: (109) * 4 = 436 regen
from 3 piece: 821 * 4 = 3242 max magicka
from 4 piece: (109) * 4 = 436 regen

or

do i only get the bonus 1 time? if so how does item quality affect that? like if i wear 4 peices of white with 1 green
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO it each piece means you need that many pieces of the set to get that specific bonus. It does not multiply or add to it if you have more pieces then there are bonues. Like if you have 7 pieces of a set that only has a 5 piece bonus you dont get more bonuses
  • wizardpsx
    wizardpsx
    Thanks thats what i thought. but then how does the item quality effect the values?

if i had 4 pieces in white and 1 in green it would boost stats by X

if i had 5 pieces in green would X be greater?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The qualites increase some values, not all. And if there are different qualites or different lvl's on the pieces than the bonus becomes the number in the middle of those two. Not sure of hte exact math there but it splits it somehow. so if you have one white vr12 and one gold vr14 its not one or the other but a mix
  • wizardpsx
    wizardpsx
    so general rull of thought is to get vr14 gear with highest item quality you can get/improve?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wizardpsx wrote: »

if i had 4 pieces in white and 1 in green it would boost stats by X

if i had 5 pieces in green would X be greater?

Number of items has nothing to do with how high the bonuses are, as they are stated.
    wizardpsx wrote: »
    so general rull of thought is to get vr14 gear with highest item quality you can get/improve?

When you improve an item, some of the set bonus amounts go up, but no on every level of temper. Fortunately, you will see what the new stats will be for the gear and the set bonuses in the preview window when you go to improve it.

As for going to Gold Improvement? Maybe it's needed, maybe it's not. It all depends really.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"