Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Dungeon Groups....

HickGamer
HickGamer
I've been playing ESOTU for about 8 months now and have a Vet rank 14 dps Nightblade. I'm not too experienced in dungeons though, the reason for this is the inability to find decent groups to run with. My two guilds aren't any help at all and pugging in zone chat is a crap shot at best (sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't) and the group finder....don't get me started. I've never found a full group with that tool. Any one know of some decent guilds I may can join or something I may want to look into? At this point, any advice or help is appreciated.
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    I hear you and I have the same question. When you find a great group then ESO is about as good as it gets. Its just a real shame that getting a good group asseembled is so incredibly hard or takes forever. For me that would be the one thing ZOS really needs to focus on. I have left and returned to ESO a couple of times now and for me the game would be so much stickier if it would just be easier to get straight into a fun group. I also just dont understand why the group tool just does not work... A solid solution might be to enable us to submit multiple group interests and leave those as 'tickets' in ESO, maybe then alert me once people submit similar interests and then allow us to put a group together. I dont know but there has to be a solution out there...
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there -
    Started as EP, currently in Glenumbra on Cadwell's silver.
    DK Nord V1 DPS 2HS HA so need Group with Healer.
    EU PS4
    Haven't completed normal dungeons other than Fungal.
    Happy to DPS in dungeons for lower level Group Leaders. Don't care about the XP or drops, just want to tick off the achievement .
  • HickGamer
    HickGamer
    I probably wouldn't be as concerned with this if I had been running dungeons while I was leveling, but I basically ran the first one for the Undounted and stopped. Now, I really need the passives in the Undounted skill line, but am having the problem mentioned above. The reason I didn't run any while leveling is it did take so long to find a group. Every time I'd ask in Zone chat all I saw was people trying to sell stuff, or people wanting to run the Vet Pledges. I don't want to start the Vet Pledges until I have a good idea of the boss mechanics and the best way to do that is to run it on normal mode first when things are a little easier and people don't get upset with you for not knowing the fights. As far as the grouping tool, I have no idea how to make it better, but I agree ZOS really aught to look into it as soon as possible.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can recomend only that you get friends, and do these dungeons with them. Guilds are also very nice for this purpose, but it is harder to get into a good guild than it is to get good friends.

For normal dungeons - pay off a low level 200g or so per dungeon they downscale for you, then solo them or do them with a friend.

Normal Dungeons hard to solo:
    Selenes Web (endboss spawns a lot of adds, if you don't take them out fast enough or take out the boss fast enough you will eventually run low on resources and die.)
    Blessed Crucible (not that hard, if you have a self heal and potions, remember to take out atronach adds at the endboss, or els she gets a shield where you can not damage her at all - so take out adds before boss. )
    Blackheart Haven (endboss turns you into a skeleton with no skills slotted, so you have to take it out fast enough before he does that to you. )
    Vaults of Madness (First boss will leech your health, but if you kill it fast enough you can survive that. Second boss is a harvester that will CC you for a long time, hit you and blow a wall of fire on you - so you have to have strong shields and self heals and at the same time kill her with Damage Over Time effects. The harvester also gets orbs that heal her up - which makes it all more difficult - if you have any Area of Effect skills that will give dots, it is highly recomended to take out the orbs while you are trapped by her.)

Normal Dungeons impossible to solo:
    Direfrost Keep (you get to a point where you must stand on 2 stones to activate and open a door. For this you have to get at least 1 more person inside the dungeon to stand on the other stone...)
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on August 24, 2015 1:26PM
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    HickGamer wrote: »
    I probably wouldn't be as concerned with this if I had been running dungeons while I was leveling, but I basically ran the first one for the Undounted and stopped. Now, I really need the passives in the Undounted skill line, but am having the problem mentioned above. The reason I didn't run any while leveling is it did take so long to find a group. Every time I'd ask in Zone chat all I saw was people trying to sell stuff, or people wanting to run the Vet Pledges. I don't want to start the Vet Pledges until I have a good idea of the boss mechanics and the best way to do that is to run it on normal mode first when things are a little easier and people don't get upset with you for not knowing the fights. As far as the grouping tool, I have no idea how to make it better, but I agree ZOS really aught to look into it as soon as possible.

FYI, in veteran mode the dungeon content is different. You cant practice on the same bosses in normal. Usually veteran continues the story.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • HickGamer
    HickGamer
    Didn't know that, thanks for the info.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing you can do is get into a decent group and ask to friend everyone for more group dungeons. Same with Craglorn. I'm sort of in the same boat, but I just completed all the normal group dungeons at this point. Moving to veteran mode now. I still have a few things to clean up in Lower Craglorn too. Trying to be ready for Update 7.
  • HickGamer
    HickGamer
    I can recomend only that you get friends, and do these dungeons with them. Guilds are also very nice for this purpose, but it is harder to get into a good guild than it is to get good friends.

For normal dungeons - pay off a low level 200g or so per dungeon they downscale for you, then solo them or do them with a friend.

Normal Dungeons hard to solo:
    Selenes Web (endboss spawns a lot of adds, if you don't take them out fast enough or take out the boss fast enough you will eventually run low on resources and die.)
    Blessed Crucible (not that hard, if you have a self heal and potions, remember to take out atronach adds at the endboss, or els she gets a shield where you can not damage her at all - so take out adds before boss. )
    Blackheart Haven (endboss turns you into a skeleton with no skills slotted, so you have to take it out fast enough before he does that to you. )
    Vaults of Madness (First boss will leech your health, but if you kill it fast enough you can survive that. Second boss is a harvester that will CC you for a long time, hit you and blow a wall of fire on you - so you have to have strong shields and self heals and at the same time kill her with Damage Over Time effects. The harvester also gets orbs that heal her up - which makes it all more difficult - if you have any Area of Effect skills that will give dots, it is highly recomended to take out the orbs while you are trapped by her.)

Normal Dungeons impossible to solo:
    Direfrost Keep (you get to a point where you must stand on 2 stones to activate and open a door. For this you have to get at least 1 more person inside the dungeon to stand on the other stone...)

I never thought of paying off a lowbie to help me out. I have a few friends that would be interested in that. Question though, will I still get the same amount of Undounted xp/rep for completing these normal dungeons at my level as I would if I were level appropriate?
  • Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    No, you've missed the boat with the XP and drops, as have I. Personally, I just want to tick off the achievement at this stage. Plenty of frenetic pledges and vet dungeons to collect XP.
  • HickGamer
    HickGamer
    Mandrel8 wrote: »
    No, you've missed the boat with the XP and drops, as have I. Personally, I just want to tick off the achievement at this stage. Plenty of frenetic pledges and vet dungeons to collect XP.

I heard the achievements, even for normal, count for Undaunted rep. I wish this information was a bit more accessible to everyone....maybe it is and I'm just not looking hard enough..!!!!
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing ESOTU for about 8 months now and have a Vet rank 14 dps Nightblade.

Judging from this I'm guessing you're on PC?

If you're PC NA, then add @Scyantific and give me a tell ingame. Always looking for new blood to run through dungeons.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought of paying off a lowbie to help me out. I have a few friends that would be interested in that. Question though, will I still get the same amount of Undounted xp/rep for completing these normal dungeons at my level as I would if I were level appropriate?

My second char got undaunted xp for completing normal dungeons. I payed off a lowbie to stay in group with me, and did most of the dungeons in a row - I did the rest of the normal dungeons next day. She gained undaunted lvl 5.

I don't know if you would gain more or less undaunted xp for completing the quests in low level rather than your aproprioate level.