Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Favorite places to steal?

digitalpackrat
digitalpackrat
Soul Shriven
Where are your favorite places to steal? Please include your faction

i am doing the dominion campaign and so far my favorite locations to find easy to steal items for sale, recipes, and motifs is the bank in volkal guard

For stealing weapons and armor I like elden root in grahtwood, in the same room where the wayshrine is near the exit to go outside are a bunch of npc vendors and there are a lot of light medium and heavy armor and weapons galore but be patient. A lot of movement and can get caught stealing
I also like Marburk in greenshade. Near the exit of the city to the north where u turn in writs is a table with weapons and armor quite easy to steal plus the guards are easy to avoid in this city even if u get caught u should have little problem making it to the tables to break down your items
  • StormPoet
    StormPoet
    One of the absolute best places (besides the bank area) to steal early on in Aldmeri Dominion is Aegis of Auri-El in Vulkel Guard. If you are looking for armor they have almost everything and for getting fence items they have a great ratio also. Once you clear everything... log out and log right back in and make your rounds again. Rinse and repeat until you get everything you need. And if you are looking for green gear pieces just steal the items you need and if they don't pop green destroy them and relog until you get what you want or get tired of it.
    At Vet levels these same locations yield fence items that are mostly greens with a fair dose of blues.

For Daggerfall Covenant the docks of Daggerfall are a great area for looking for fencing items especially since its right close to the entrance for the outlaws refuge.

For Ebonheart Pact... easy mode is the vendors and crafting areas of Davon's Watch. If you get caught here near the vendors just being careful and watching the movement of the guards you can easily get out the main gate and jump the edge right next to it and hug the wall to get to the refuge before you are stopped by the guards. The biggest problem is avoiding any guards that are pursuing other players.
    Edited by StormPoet on August 21, 2015 7:06PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StormPoet wrote: »
    Aldmeri Dominion is Aegis of Auri-El in Vulkel Guard.

This, all day. I get caught rather frequently, however this has been a great source of items for deconstructing towards leveling my crafts.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • digitalpackrat
    digitalpackrat
    Soul Shriven
    Wow aegis is an amazing place to steal. Used it all weekend. My clothier and black smithing went up nearly 10 levels. Thx for the info. Anyone have a good place to steal wood weapons or shield. Woodworking is not keeping up in level compared to the other 2 anymore
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow aegis is an amazing place to steal. Used it all weekend. My clothier and black smithing went up nearly 10 levels. Thx for the info. Anyone have a good place to steal wood weapons or shield. Woodworking is not keeping up in level compared to the other 2 anymore

In Grahtwood at the Elden Root. Go into the Fighter's Guild and there is a smithing and clothing station area where you can steal plenty of weapons and armor, including bows and shields. There isn't a woodworking station in the Fighter's Guild, however you can stock up and go down to the main level where there are all crafting stations available.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StormPoet wrote: »
    One of the absolute best places (besides the bank area) to steal early on in Aldmeri Dominion is Aegis of Auri-El in Vulkel Guard. If you are looking for armor they have almost everything and for getting fence items they have a great ratio also. Once you clear everything... log out and log right back in and make your rounds again. Rinse and repeat until you get everything you need. And if you are looking for green gear pieces just steal the items you need and if they don't pop green destroy them and relog until you get what you want or get tired of it.
    At Vet levels these same locations yield fence items that are mostly greens with a fair dose of blues.

For Daggerfall Covenant the docks of Daggerfall are a great area for looking for fencing items especially since its right close to the entrance for the outlaws refuge.

For Ebonheart Pact... easy mode is the vendors and crafting areas of Davon's Watch. If you get caught here near the vendors just being careful and watching the movement of the guards you can easily get out the main gate and jump the edge right next to it and hug the wall to get to the refuge before you are stopped by the guards. The biggest problem is avoiding any guards that are pursuing other players.

The Aegis of Auri-EL was even better before they nerfed the sell price of stolen white items, you could make thousands of gold easily.
    r2Z0dJX.png
    (and this isnt wasnt max level stuff)

Also the weapon shop across the road
    Edited by Dekkameron on August 25, 2015 2:03AM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    This was my 'secret' run for a long time before veteran levels, now I don't need it as much, which is why I'm sharing ;)

Evermore in bangkorai:
    Start with mages guild (1-2 chests and 2-4 god containers), then the castle, fighters guild (up stairs containers, the weapons that can be reached from the stairs - leave the rest - too many people around), the two smithies at the western gate and finally the inn. Deconstruct All the gear, craft twohanded swords and clothing greaves for max income/craftmaterial, at the same time increasing your crafting skills, then go pawn the rest at the fence.

This circuit takes about 15-20 min max, and the least it has yielded for me was about 2600g - max was 6900g in one sweep!
    About 4000g on average.
    After leaving the sewers, Evermore is basically reset, but I believe some kind of nerf/timer is placed on your char, because subsequent runs won't yield as much... Maybe 1000-2500g max. Just leave and return to the zone for an hour or so.

Edit: noticed your'e in the dominion... Now there too on Cadwells silver, these zones unfortunately don't come close to the daggerfall covenant zones in terms of loot.
    But the 'aegis' shop mentioned by others and the castle place in vulkheel guard is ok
    Edited by gamsir on August 26, 2015 1:46PM
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any suggestions for those who have EP characters?
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    @Gan Xing, I haven't played through to the pact lands, but when you reach veteran lvl
    and finish the main story, you'll play on in Cadwells silver 'mode' where you'll be transported to daggerfall covenant lands. Right from arriving there, it's easily possible to mount your horse and ride to Evermore in Bangkorai. You won't have to wory mich about meeting higher lvl enemies on the way; 1. Keeping to the main roads will minimize direct contact, 2. As vet lvl 1 you can easily take on vet lvl 4-5 enemies one or two at the time
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    gamsir wrote: »
    @Gan Xing, I haven't played through to the pact lands, but when you reach veteran lvl [

Good luck with getting to the rest of the vet stuff...
    Thanks for the spoilers, but my main has already completed Cadwell's Gold 'mode', I'm familiar with the areas and places, I just haven't sat down and found the best places to sneak and steal.

Odin banker - obv banker

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where are your favorite places to steal? Please include your faction

i am doing the dominion campaign and so far my favorite locations to find easy to steal items for sale, recipes, and motifs is the bank in volkal guard

For stealing weapons and armor I like elden root in grahtwood, in the same room where the wayshrine is near the exit to go outside are a bunch of npc vendors and there are a lot of light medium and heavy armor and weapons galore but be patient. A lot of movement and can get caught stealing
    I also like Marburk in greenshade. Near the exit of the city to the north where u turn in writs is a table with weapons and armor quite easy to steal plus the guards are easy to avoid in this city even if u get caught u should have little problem making it to the tables to break down your items

Yeh, that bank made me so much money when I went to cadwell's silver.

The fighter's and makes guild in elder root is anotjer good place.
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    I've been meaning to find a good stop! Thanks for the suggestions, I can finally move away from elden root.
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • JWT
    JWT
    ✭✭
    heh~ my rotation puts ya'll to shame ;)
    AD faction preferred, in DC the three cities of evermore, hallin's strand and sentinal these three cities (per rotation) yield 45+ safeboxes (with the proper cp passives), yield 90+ gold per box plus green, blue or the odd. purple lootable here and there
    on a good day, you can manage 40k+ gold in an hour and a half per day
    workin on a guide to share with my fellow sneakthieves i'll be posting soon <3
    may his chaos set you free~

Fennreous Ironwill - v15 stammblade/tank - AD
    Nitara ShadowClaw - v16 stammblade/tank - EP
    Ka'ri ShadowClaw - v16 magicblade - DC
  • digitalpackrat
    digitalpackrat
    Soul Shriven
    That sounds awesome jwt can't wait to see it. A guild I am in got a guild trader on Monday and I have been selling stuff like mad and been out looking for more to sell. In 4 days I have made over 100k g. Found out about a new run in malabal tor that was been yielding decent money and motifs and blue and purple recipes. Though the run is a bit involved. Not sure if it's good enough to share yet. Gonna try it a few more times and if it stays consistent I will write something up. It's over at the wayshrine at the north east corner there's a trade post and a few buildings have easy to loot bags and urns and desks
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    JWT wrote: »
    heh~ my rotation puts ya'll to shame ;)
    AD faction preferred, in DC the three cities of evermore, hallin's strand and sentinal these three cities (per rotation) yield 45+ safeboxes (with the proper cp passives), yield 90+ gold per box plus green, blue or the odd. purple lootable here and there
    on a good day, you can manage 40k+ gold in an hour and a half per day
    workin on a guide to share with my fellow sneakthieves i'll be posting soon <3
    That sounds awesome jwt can't wait to see it. A guild I am in got a guild trader on Monday and I have been selling stuff like mad and been out looking for more to sell. In 4 days I have made over 100k g. Found out about a new run in malabal tor that was been yielding decent money and motifs and blue and purple recipes. Though the run is a bit involved. Not sure if it's good enough to share yet. Gonna try it a few more times and if it stays consistent I will write something up. It's over at the wayshrine at the north east corner there's a trade post and a few buildings have easy to loot bags and urns and desks

Awesome!!! can't wait to see your guide JWT! what is the run digitalpackrat? i'm curious to try it out.
    Odin banker - obv banker

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like pick pocketing npcs in Wayrest, its so easy with medium armor and a speed buff.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • DrewBear
    DrewBear
    Soul Shriven
    I started in the Daggerfall Covenant, and Shornhelm in the Rivenspire area is my favorite place to steal. Starting counter clockwise from the Shornhelm wayshine, go down the steps and to the right/West. The bank has two dressers and sometimes a lockbox. Watch out for the NPC orc as well as the guard.

The next building to the right/West has a back door with a few containers near the door. It IS occupied, so watch yourself.

The next building to the West is an unlocked empty (after mission) bookstore with two desks and a box on the mantle.

I skip the church and head North through the gate to the upper part of the city. The first building on the right/East is an unoccupied townhouse with many containers.

I then go back South through the gate, past the Mages Guild to the first house on the right. It is locked but unoccupied. Be sure to look in the clay urns as well as the desks/cabinets/chests. You'll need to break in this house to complete a quest.

I then head NorthEast to the Inn, which has a backpack at the end of the counter, and many containers upstairs.

Across the street to the East of the Inn is a unlocked house with one nonagressive NPC and her dead husband. Eight containers to loot with a minimum of sneaking.

I then head to the Fighters' Guilds. Watch for the rotations of the guards and easily loot seven containers upstairs and seven? trunks by the beds downstairs. Watch for the watchfull Argonian downstairs.
  • CoyoteNZ
    CoyoteNZ
    ✭✭
    Is it just me, I just don't seem to get much progress deconstructing stolen (zero value) stuff compared to stuff which has a listed value?
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »
    Is it just me, I just don't seem to get much progress deconstructing stolen (zero value) stuff compared to stuff which has a listed value?

You're right most of these don't yeild anything
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm Ebonheart and when I need heavy armour material I go once to Kragenmoor then to Davon's Watch. Easily get a hundred ingots breaking that all down. For money I go from Rawl'Kha to Cormount, then to Elden Root to sell everything off. Rinse and repeat. Easy money. Sometimes I'll hit up Evermore or maybe the Tribunal Temple.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    For money I go from Rawl'Kha to Cormount, then to Elden Root to sell everything off. Rinse and repeat. Easy money. Sometimes I'll hit up Evermore or maybe the Tribunal Temple.

I just looked at Rawl'Kha, seems popular, most of the lockboxes were gone (there was prolly just someone ahead of me). Shornhelm is a good place, lots of places to pick from, good loop. I'm gonna check on other cities.

Here is a good site for us who want to find lockboxes easily: http://roguesfolio.tumblr.com/
    Odin banker - obv banker

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    For money I go from Rawl'Kha to Cormount, then to Elden Root to sell everything off. Rinse and repeat. Easy money. Sometimes I'll hit up Evermore or maybe the Tribunal Temple.

I just looked at Rawl'Kha, seems popular, most of the lockboxes were gone (there was prolly just someone ahead of me). Shornhelm is a good place, lots of places to pick from, good loop. I'm gonna check on other cities.

Here is a good site for us who want to find lockboxes easily: http://roguesfolio.tumblr.com/

Nice find! I'm all for hitting up some lockboxes, however I always seem to get caught in the process. What can I do to reduce the risk? Will dropping points in skills that reduce detection radius help with this?
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Nice find! I'm all for hitting up some lockboxes, however I always seem to get caught in the process. What can I do to reduce the risk? Will dropping points in skills that reduce detection radius help with this?

Medium armour & passives, I'm a NB...I get caught regularly in anything else, never in my medium, & I'm Imperial so not a sneaky class.
    Wish I was a vamp cat at times, I hear they're almost invisible in medium sneak mode.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Medium armour & passives, I'm a NB...I get caught regularly in anything else, never in my medium, & I'm Imperial so not a sneaky class.
    Wish I was a vamp cat at times, I hear they're almost invisible in medium sneak mode.

My character was a vamp cat, still got seen sometimes. Definitely the passives and med armor help. I got rid of vamp for IC reasons
    Odin banker - obv banker

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »

Good to know. I've already gotten point sunk into sneak passives, so I guess I just need to finish out those skill lines and hope for the best.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain's house on Bleakrock Isle. If memory serves me...like 2 wardrobes, a couple dressers and nightstands and 2 trunks. I am DC so this was a gold zone I believe for me. I farm this place regularly and grab motifs (like daedric) easily here.
    No guards inside. I have not completed any quests either so not sure if the house phases if you did.
  • Young_Archiebold
    Young_Archiebold
    ✭✭✭
    Vulkel Guard bank, not only did I make thousands off of stolen green/blue/purple items i also found 3 ancient elf motifs and 1 deadric motif... I'm in EP so AD Is my cadwells gold
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vulkel Guard bank? good idea, will look into it and the surrounding area
    Odin banker - obv banker

• redcloud1187_ESO

Don't forget to count how guards and DON'T forget ur M16 and mask so they don't see it face
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't forget to count how guards and DON'T forget ur M16 and mask so they don't see it face

Que?

I'm going to guess that you're implying that inside the bank is a difficult place to conduct your nefarious trade. It's really not that bad. I've been looting everything in sight there since I started playing, and I've been caught 2-3 times. Plenty of recipes and motifs.
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    No I was just making a joke the fact it's a bank and u are robbing it