Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Provision Writ Problems

SedoUmbra
SedoUmbra
✭✭✭
Hi. I've picked up a total of 5 different Provisioning Writs over my time of playing and I haven't completed any of them. I don't find the recipes. Even the very common recipes that are level 1 and require 1 ingredient, they are nowhere to be found. I've searched the Guild Traders but no one has them. I want to get my Provisioning up and I want to be able to create lots of useful things but the recipes I find are too 'advanced' for me to make. So I try to do Writs to level up and I am never able to fulfill them. I have around 70 recipes and I don't have any 1 of the 10 that the game has requested I use. Is there any easier and more definite way to get certain recipes or do I just need to let RNGesus do his thing?
Edited by SedoUmbra on August 20, 2015 4:02PM
  • wellerrocks
    wellerrocks
    ✭✭
    To get your provisioning up just gather ingredients and craft anything you can, a good spot to get ingredients is in Deshaan on the far right, a boat which contains so many. To find recipes I find killing bosses and guild stores (I know you had no luck) are the best ways. You should be able to find them in guild stores Rawl'Kha, Wayrest and Evermore I find have the best stores.
    Options
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    lvl1 recipes are found on Starter islands (khenarti, stros, bleakrock)

yeah don't hurt yourself by facepalming.
    Options
  • CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    Keep checking the guild traders.

Any recipes that you do have that are at your level, just use them to craft as often as you have the ingredients. Provisioning is fairly easy to level, as long as you have at least a few recipes that you are able to craft.

Also, if you have any friends in game that are able to craft the recipes you need to turn in for writs, that will work too.
    Options
  • Carluce
    Carluce
    If you are having trouble finding the recipe itself check the guild stores for the crafted item. As long as the item has been created by a player (white versions of foods and drinks do not count) the writ will accept it. I've had to do this myself on a number of provisioning writs for recipes that seem impossible to find.
    Options
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    To get your provisioning up just gather ingredients and craft anything you can, a good spot to get ingredients is in Deshaan on the far right, a boat which contains so many. To find recipes I find killing bosses and guild stores (I know you had no luck) are the best ways. You should be able to find them in guild stores Rawl'Kha, Wayrest and Evermore I find have the best stores.

I have no problem finding ingredients for the recipes I have. As a Dominion player I raid the starting boat and both Warehouses and am ready to go up 6 levels, I am trying to get good recipes. Currently I have a few blue recipes and the rest are green. I heard Writs are the best way to get recipes so I decided to try it. Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail. And another one.
    Options
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    WandaMey wrote: »
    lvl1 recipes are found on Starter islands (khenarti, stros, bleakrock)

yeah don't hurt yourself by facepalming.

Searched Khenarthi for hours. Found a few recipes that Auridon had already given me but still nothing that is needed for a Provisioning Writ.
    Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    The link in my sig will take you to a thread that has a list of folks willing to provide some foods to help you complete the low level Writs. Some are on different platforms as well. If you drop someone a request they will try to help. Sometimes completing the Writ you are stuck on will drop the missing recipe!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    The link in my sig will take you to a thread that has a list of folks willing to provide some foods to help you complete the low level Writs. Some are on different platforms as well. If you drop someone a request they will try to help. Sometimes completing the Writ you are stuck on will drop the missing recipe!

You should probably also check out provisioning-writ-recipes-for-all-factions for a relevant list for the other recipes you will need for your characters as they progress.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • WandaMey
    WandaMey
    ✭✭✭
    SedoUmbra wrote: »

Searched Khenarthi for hours. Found a few recipes that Auridon had already given me but still nothing that is needed for a Provisioning Writ.

there are 3 different recipe/lvl/category = 18 recipes / lvl. I never said it would take only 5mn.

writs tier 1 require recipe for food lvl 1, 5 or 10.
    recipe for lvl 1 food (1 ingredient) are found on starter island. If you found them in Auridon then you were very "lucky". Same if you found lvl 5/10 recipes in Khenarthi.

and btw there are only 6 different recipes /writ level/faction so if you never found one of the 10 you were asked i can safely assume you do like exagerating a bit.
    Edited by WandaMey on August 22, 2015 3:40AM
    Options
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I used to just learn recipes I thought I'd use and sell the rest. But later I just started learning every recipe I find. Don't forget to check every dresser and drawer in coldharbour. There's no stealing there and I find at least two recipes every time I go. I had one writ that took four days of guild store hopping to find. Beyond that I've either already learned the recipe or fount it in a store within a few minutes. It gets better. And you can max providing just making the same recipe over and over. It goes really fast.
    Options
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    WandaMey wrote: »
    SedoUmbra wrote: »

there are 3 different recipe/lvl/category = 18 recipes / lvl. I never said it would take only 5mn.

writs tier 1 require recipe for food lvl 1, 5 or 10.
    recipe for lvl 1 food (1 ingredient) are found on starter island. If you found them in Auridon then you were very "lucky". Same if you found lvl 5/10 recipes in Khenarthi.

and btw there are only 6 different recipes /writ level/faction so if you never found one of the 10 you were asked i can safely assume you do like exagerating a bit.

No... I am not exaggerating. I have picked up 5 unique writs over my time playing. 2 recipes per writ = 10 recipes. What makes you think I am exaggerating?
    Options
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    I used to just learn recipes I thought I'd use and sell the rest. But later I just started learning every recipe I find. Don't forget to check every dresser and drawer in coldharbour. There's no stealing there and I find at least two recipes every time I go. I had one writ that took four days of guild store hopping to find. Beyond that I've either already learned the recipe or fount it in a store within a few minutes. It gets better. And you can max providing just making the same recipe over and over. It goes really fast.

I have no problem leveling provisioning, the problem is I want to be able to make useful recipes for my team. I'm fine for the levels and skills but the problem is getting recipes that make a difference against high level dungeons. Thanks for the Cold Harbour tip. I currently am not allowed around the Hollowed City but I'm nearly there. Just 4 more levels =)
    Options