Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PvE NPC Difficulty Live vs PTS?

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As they are buffing the enemy NPCs in the next update, I am curious to know how much more difficult PvE quests and delves are after the enemy buff versus what is currently on Live? Most people are busy talking about IC, but I've seen nothing mentioned about regular PvE content.
CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npcs gets more life
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    npcs gets more life

NPCs get a LOT of things added... checked the patch notes?

Monsters

Mages, skirmishers, and tanks have all been tweaked to have less dramatic variation. In general, mages will have less damage and more health, while tanks will have less health and more damage. This means the average fight length and amount of incoming damage will be more balanced, while retaining the thematic differences between monster types.
    All mage monsters now have more health, and output less damage.
    All tank monsters now have high spell and physical resistance.
    All mages now have low physical resistance, but high spell resistance.
    All skirmishers now have average physical and spell resistance.
    On average, delve bosses now have more health.
    Monsters throughout the game have had their faction abilities updated; you will now see these abilities more often in combat, and some abilities have had their effects adjusted to increase their impact in a fight.
    Bandit traps now persist for long periods of time, creating more danger as the fight goes on.
    Daedric Arches now summon Banekin to charge at enemies and explode until the arch is destroyed.
    The Necromancer’s self-sacrifice now summons a ghost instead of a soul shriven, and they no longer sacrifice themselves at full health.
    Soldiers of the Covenant, Pact, and Dominion (in PVE zones) now use a Warhorn ability to rally and empower their allies in combat.
    Undead now have a chance to create an area of desecrated ground when killed, dealing damage over time to their enemies and healing undead allies.
    Vampires who drain health now heal nearby allies.

I added the bold because I found it interesting... for tank monsters they lower the health, give more damage, but then give "high" spell and physical resistance... pretty much making the 'lower health' a moot point.
    Edited by ADarklore on August 19, 2015 11:44PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... nobody has tried PvE content outside of IC?!?
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No because a large portion of them are there looking for exploits to take advantage of when it goes live.

Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they are too busy trying to take TV Stones on PTS that they'll lose when it goes to Live....
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was tired when I posted that yes I read the Natch Potes and yes Ive tried out side of cyrodiil on pts. NPC's may have got all those things in natchy poteys but the mechanics are the same no new moves that amaze or befuddle me. I can still solo dolmens in V10 land. Needs more oomph and more outlandish spells and wilder animations. A good one for instance would be getting Sumo slammed by Ogrims or worse by two Ogrims.

. I was busy checking patch notes for sorc changes as someone asked for help.You ask for it and return an insult. Enjoy your PVE

Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ask for it and return an insult. Enjoy your PVE

You answered with a vague response that appeared rather trollish and I replied with a statement that NPCs received a lot more than health (in fact some had their health reduced) and wondered if you had read the patch notes because if you had, you'd have understood they received more than just health.

Then, you say today that 'you were tired' when you posted that short reply... like I was supposed to know that, or know that you had read the patch notes, or that you had, indeed tested the PvE content outside of IC because your original reply said nothing of the sort.
    Edited by ADarklore on August 20, 2015 7:50PM
    Options