Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Just Leveled from Level 1 to Vet 14 in 9 days AMA

• RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    Lol i get a vet level every 52 minutes
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took me much shorter--- 2 days/2 hours of gameplay.

You should use different grinds.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all you new players reading, your alta level faster if you have an existing VR character to pull you in some Champion points which give your characters stat boosts ... All characters then your alt at VR can then gain CPs that aid your third character to level up faster by making them more powerful allowing you to skip zones and kill higher level enemies earning greater XP from the offset.

Eventually this negates it self but there is a sweet spot with CPs that allow fast leveling

This is also how those player on you tube tell you to level up in 24 hours donit but very few tell the truth about the CP points being the reason why
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I wish I still stayed with my parents, didn't work and lived on hot pockets. I too could achieve these amazing results.
  • Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    I also spend 10 to 20 hours nonstop in game, just got done with a 3 day run with no sleep.....this game is the real deal man :)
    I managed to make 23 levels in that 3 day run :)
    No questions mate, just wanted to say nice job....you are a dedicated gamer :)
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was wrong saying what I said I admit it. I was being a complete and utter ***.

Thinks we need a group hug.

[ hug ]

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arowz wrote: »
    Skill points - I have bows, 2h and Dual Wield maxxed, all medium armor skills and nearly all class specific skills, well the ones I want anyway. Fighter guild I have silver bolts, dawnbreaker and the ulti and damage passives. Also have pursuasion and intimidation from mages/fighters. Don't know my exact number, but I was always skill point poor levelling up. Stopping to grab skyshards whenever I needed something. Silverbolts was a huge boon in levelling. Morphed it to the hit 3 targets morph and used it to pull groups for AoE farming with 2h cleave. Spamming rhat was a lot safer than tornado spamming.

Fast levelling Vets - Truth be told I used Ambrosias and EXP Scrolls each vet level. Killed Dreughs in Stonefall (trick is to use the ramp spawn in the north corner of the spawn) to get to vet 4. Then got to 5.5 by following a walkthrough for quickly getting through silver. Once in gold I did Alik'r zombies or Bangkorai lurcher/witness spawn when zombies were packed or full of griefers.

I did wayrest a couple times sub level 50 and found I was getting a half a bar of exp just doing the pulls up to the first boss. It didn't seem efficient tho.

Why I Posted Here - not to brag. The AMA in the topic heading means ask me anything. Rather than post a power level guide (which I used to level and can easily be found by googling), I chose to answer specific questions from other players... You know, to help them.

Job - Yes I have a job. A very good job. Not that it's any of anyone's business. Makes buying EXP scrolls easy, although Ambrosia pots are dirt cheap now at 7k per, so I bout 10 of them when I got closer to 14.

I love grinding and trying to hit vet 10 fast for tirals. do you recommending starting the finish to Caldwell silver like you did at vet 4 then moving on to gold like you did or wait till vet 5 and then go which was my original plan
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    9 days is awsome. I bet the ladies are lining up after an achievement like that.
  • arowz
    arowz
    Lightnin - It's a bit of a judgment call, but I was concerned I'd end up doing the silver quests when I was too far above their level to gain full exp. not sure that's a thing or if the quests scale, but didn't want to risk it.

You get a lot of exp from the Vet 9 Alik'r zombies, more than from the Dreughs. So in sum, it's really up to you. I don't think being 4 or 5 when you start going through silver will make much of a difference. Dreugh's are only Vet 1, so after you're 5 you won't get nearly as much exp from them as you would from Vet 9s.

I'll just add this, and stop reading if you don't want spoilers...

Spoiler: the last quest in Ebonhart can be very difficult solo if you haven't done the side quests for the shards. I did them on my main and it was a breeze. On this alt I chose to just plow through without. It wasn't too bad, but I also had a lot of CP and good gear. Being Vet 6 vs Vet 4/5 when you face it without the shards may prove helpful.
  • arowz
    arowz
    Ballzy - My gf was a little annoyed about me constantly wanting to finish the grind, but she likes that I can set a goal and power through to completion despite how tedious or arduous the task is. I assure you, levelling like I did is tedious and at times arduous. Hence the sense of accomplishment.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightnin - It's a bit of a judgment call, but I was concerned I'd end up doing the silver quests when I was too far above their level to gain full exp. not sure that's a thing or if the quests scale, but didn't want to risk it.

You get a lot of exp from the Vet 9 Alik'r zombies, more than from the Dreughs. So in sum, it's really up to you. I don't think being 4 or 5 when you start going through silver will make much of a difference. Dreugh's are only Vet 1, so after you're 5 you won't get nearly as much exp from them as you would from Vet 9s.

I'll just add this, and stop reading if you don't want spoilers...

Spoiler: the last quest in Ebonhart can be very difficult solo if you haven't done the side quests for the shards. I did them on my main and it was a breeze. On this alt I chose to just plow through without. It wasn't too bad, but I also had a lot of CP and good gear. Being Vet 6 vs Vet 4/5 when you face it without the shards may prove helpful.

with me I get new gear provided by a buddy in my guild every few lvls was 10 lvls before vet but next upgrade will be vet 4 gear so it wont be just standard gear it will be a set gear tailored to my class and requirements. being a Templar helps get through the hard quests due to my heals and a healing jesus beams ect. I do however know the spot you were talking about I found that randomly while exploring and that's where I grinded to vet2 almost 3 in a few days no xp boosters. and as people have said you get less and less xp per vet lvl for grinding mobs 3 lvls under you. do you think I should grind to 4-5 then try quest and if too hard grind skyshards and ect maybe another lvl then beat it and continue on to gold? seems like a solid plan would have to just find a better spot for grinding if I cant do it at vet 4-5 to get that vet 6
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this an ePeen thread ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    is this an ePeen thread ?

don't mind me ... I just can't see why anyone would bother saying so if its not "hey look at me"

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• arowz
    arowz
    Lightnin - gold only goes up to 10. If you're 5 when you enter, you should not have too much difficulty killing any non-boss enemy. There's even some decent places to grind up to 6 in the first couple gold zones if you find the last two too difficult... Plus you could always go back to silver zones if needed. Doing the quests to get to gold at vet 4 maximizes the exp you get from those quests. If you're forced to do them, you may as well get pid for it.

OzJohn - not really, no. Just here to help answer questions. Most of the info I found prior to grinding to 14 was from many different sources. My hope was to get the info as needed where needed to anyone who wants it.
  • S H A D O W
    "Questions?" why would there be? Actually I do have one, how many hours a day did you spend grinding? Lucky you being able to sit around all day playing ESO.

Fair question, albeit asked in an offensive manner.

7 hours for level 1-50, 5 hours of miscellaneous mandatory quests, 2 hours of skyshard hunting for skill point needs and 1.75-2.15 hours per vet level.

So 42 hours over 9 days, of which 4 were weekend days. 4.6 hours a day would be the even split, but it's more like 6-8 hours (or more) on each of the weekend days. Tough to squeeze in game-time during the week, what with my career and all.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but where did you grind for the vet levels? Im just about to hit vet 1 and need some advice.
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    Just do Cadwell silver
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    Ballzy321 wrote: »
    9 days is awsome. I bet the ladies are lining up after an achievement like that.

Leveling up is a panty dropper.
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...As an actual lady I can say with certainty we (or at least most of us) have bigger priorities. LOL.

Still, congratulations to you. I don't think you're bragging at all, I just don't see the point of grinding through an ES game of any sort. Takes all the fun out of it IMO. May be different for you.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    I know. It was sarcasm
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah. I see. There really should be a better way to identify sarcasm in text. Perhaps a symbol... Hmm...
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rb2001 wrote: »
    Recap:

@arowz achieves something in a videogame, and offer an "ask-me-anything" (a simple statement of willingness to provide information, asking nothing in return).

@artfuldodger accuses him of being unemployed, and asks a question.

@arowz, despite this, has the decency to answer artful.

Artful accuses arowz of bragging.

Others come and accuse him of being lazy, having no job and being a braggart.

Arowz has the decency to explain why he posted, and is still here providing helpful information (it may not help you, but someone else).

Hmm... Why exactly can some people not seem to help themselves from throwing negativity at others for no reason?

There are endless real problems in the world that one could point their weapons at.

welcome to the eso forums.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    I hear different advice for the traits.

Would you recommend the explore traits at low levels, or the weapon and armor training traits? Getting your weapons and armor leveled helps with time to kill and survivability. Does the exploration trait really offer a significant boost?

• Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Advice on how to distribute my champoin points? I have 1 VR sorc, 2 not at VR. I have gotten 8 champoin points to date. I realize I will need more, but how would I best distribute those points for faster leveling...
  • arowz
    arowz
    Shadow - I already pointed where to vet grind. You can find the answer on the first page I believe.

Tessie - If you're grindig, exploration won't really help you. Instead I recommend using the training trait on everything. My bows were level 35 by the time I was player level 22. Once you get to max, then use the traits that help you the most. Infused on head, chest, legs, divines on all other pieces of armor. I find Precise to be the best weapon trait, but sharpened or weighted have their merits too.

Pyro - you'll want the poison/disease/magic damage redux evenly levelled with the fire/frost/shock redux perk for warrior, then reduced magicka cost perk for thief, then for mage put all points into increased fire/frost/shock damage. Then spam force pulse/crushing shock from destro staff line until you proc crystal fragments, launch, repeat.

Likelolwhat - I agree with you. My first character did all the quests etc to get to vet 14. Took me a month. For my second character, I didn't want to go through it again. I very much enjoyed most if not all of the quests the first time through... Doing them all again was not very appealing to me.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. I see. There really should be a better way to identify sarcasm in text. Perhaps a symbol... Hmm...

there is it looks like this >:) or :#
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what? I've never not done all of the other quests in the zone before doing that quest... It's different if you haven't collected the shards? Almost makes me want to try it without doing the other quests first just to check it out. I'm too much of a completionist to actually do that though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • CidxLucy
    CidxLucy
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    XBox NA
    Grinded for 90% of the levels, only doing quests for some skill points or if they were mandatory to progress.

The nightblade is my alt, my main is a Vet 14 sorc and it took me about a month to get him up there.

Questions?

Only question I have is why did eso put exp pots in the xbox and ps4 2 month after game came out and pc had to wait years?
    I know the answer and >< eso. lol

No MMO needs exp bonus few months after game come out.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    CidxLucy wrote: »
    Nightblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    XBox NA
    Grinded for 90% of the levels, only doing quests for some skill points or if they were mandatory to progress.

The nightblade is my alt, my main is a Vet 14 sorc and it took me about a month to get him up there.

Questions?

Only question I have is why did eso put exp pots in the xbox and ps4 2 month after game came out and pc had to wait years?

The reason is pretty simple...Until earlier this year the game was subscription based and the crown store, where items like XP potions are purchased, didn't exist (there was a shop where you could buy one mount and upgrade to imperial addition, but it wasn't anything like the crown store). When the game buy-to-play, ZOS implemented the crown store as a way to make more money. And since XP pots sell, they got added to the store.

Because ZOS is trying to keep the PC/Mac and console versions of the game pretty much identical as far as content (and, again, because XP potions sell), console players got the potions even though the game hadn't been out long. This will continue to be the case for all future updates (patches, dlcs, crown store additions, etc.)...the only difference between the platforms is that console gamers will get updates a few weeks after PC/Mac players because Microsoft and Sony have to approve new content before it can be added to the game.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 24, 2015 11:39PM
  • CidxLucy
    CidxLucy
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    CidxLucy wrote: »
    Nightblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
    XBox NA

Questions?

The reason is pretty simple...Until earlier this year the game was subscription based and the crown store, where items like XP potions are purchased, didn't exist (there was a shop where you could buy one mount and upgrade to imperial addition, but it wasn't anything like the crown store). When the game buy-to-play, ZOS implemented the crown store as a way to make more money. And since XP pots sell, they got added to the store.

Because ZOS is trying to keep the PC/Mac and console versions of the game pretty much identical as far as content (and, again, because XP potions sell), console players got the potions even though the game hadn't been out long. This will continue to be the case for all future updates (patches, dlcs, crown store additions, etc.)...the only difference between the platforms is that console gamers will get updates a few weeks after PC/Mac players because Microsoft and Sony have to approve new content before it can be added to the game.

I know its money but damn only 2 month should of give pc it for a few months then take it to the xbox and ps4.

I just want the class or race changes and I will be happy.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Wait, what? I've never not done all of the other quests in the zone before doing that quest... It's different if you haven't collected the shards? Almost makes me want to try it without doing the other quests first just to check it out. I'm too much of a completionist to actually do that though.

Yes, You can do it without the Shards of Wuthgard (or however it's spelled). At the end you will be asked if you're sure you want to proceed without them. A Guildy tried, failed and finally asked me to group to kill that final boss (no spoilers here). So as a note to fast leveling- you can skip the shards, add a friend at the last bit for a minute or two and then VOILA move on. I had already done that quest and was surprised that I could participate in the final fight of Silver.

[edited for clarity]
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on August 25, 2015 1:11AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-