Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Just Leveled from Level 1 to Vet 14 in 9 days AMA

arowz
arowz
Nightblade
Aldmeri Dominion
XBox NA
Grinded for 90% of the levels, only doing quests for some skill points or if they were mandatory to progress.

The nightblade is my alt, my main is a Vet 14 sorc and it took me about a month to get him up there.

Questions?
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    "Questions?" why would there be? Actually I do have one, how many hours a day did you spend grinding? Lucky you being able to sit around all day playing ESO.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats a bit quicker than me Taken about a month to get a character to level 17 :D
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • arowz
    arowz
    "Questions?" why would there be? Actually I do have one, how many hours a day did you spend grinding? Lucky you being able to sit around all day playing ESO.

Fair question, albeit asked in an offensive manner.

7 hours for level 1-50, 5 hours of miscellaneous mandatory quests, 2 hours of skyshard hunting for skill point needs and 1.75-2.15 hours per vet level.

So 42 hours over 9 days, of which 4 were weekend days. 4.6 hours a day would be the even split, but it's more like 6-8 hours (or more) on each of the weekend days. Tough to squeeze in game-time during the week, what with my career and all.
    Edited by arowz on August 19, 2015 9:57PM
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    How many skill points do you have?
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard Wayrest does not offer such bountiful experience anymore.
    Edited by jebuspowers on August 19, 2015 10:05PM
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    Last I heard Wayrest does not offer such bountiful experience anymore.
    Tried it yesterday on my V1 with a partner, (PC) it was nerfed.

We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    arowz wrote: »

7 hours for level 1-50, 5 hours of miscellaneous mandatory quests, 2 hours of skyshard hunting for skill point needs and 1.75-2.15 hours per vet level.

So 42 hours over 9 days, of which 4 were weekend days. 4.6 hours a day would be the even split, but it's more like 6-8 hours (or more) on each of the weekend days. Tough to squeeze in game-time during the week, what with my career and all.

This is a player helping player section, and you posted information about how fast you managed to achieve a level. Then you said "Questions" What did that mean? Are you offering help or just claiming bragging rights? The latter sounds to me like the answer.

What you have to bear in mind is, a lot of new players come hear seeking help, a lot of people who buy the game have no clue, yes like me, as to the whole set up and how to progress. You posting that in this section is neither informative or of any purpose other than to satisfy your own persona.

I am just debating the subject, nothing personally intended.
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Are you employed? Outside of Tamriel ? :)
    Edited by TeamGizzy on August 19, 2015 11:28PM
    Baskin Robins always finds out.....
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Fancy a bum ?
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    Normal people have jobs.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arowz

How did you achieve the vet lvl feat of fast lvling?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guildmate did it in 3 days, 9 days is too long.

Next gimmick please.
  • arowz
    arowz
    Skill points - I have bows, 2h and Dual Wield maxxed, all medium armor skills and nearly all class specific skills, well the ones I want anyway. Fighter guild I have silver bolts, dawnbreaker and the ulti and damage passives. Also have pursuasion and intimidation from mages/fighters. Don't know my exact number, but I was always skill point poor levelling up. Stopping to grab skyshards whenever I needed something. Silverbolts was a huge boon in levelling. Morphed it to the hit 3 targets morph and used it to pull groups for AoE farming with 2h cleave. Spamming rhat was a lot safer than tornado spamming.

Fast levelling Vets - Truth be told I used Ambrosias and EXP Scrolls each vet level. Killed Dreughs in Stonefall (trick is to use the ramp spawn in the north corner of the spawn) to get to vet 4. Then got to 5.5 by following a walkthrough for quickly getting through silver. Once in gold I did Alik'r zombies or Bangkorai lurcher/witness spawn when zombies were packed or full of griefers.

I did wayrest a couple times sub level 50 and found I was getting a half a bar of exp just doing the pulls up to the first boss. It didn't seem efficient tho.

Why I Posted Here - not to brag. The AMA in the topic heading means ask me anything. Rather than post a power level guide (which I used to level and can easily be found by googling), I chose to answer specific questions from other players... You know, to help them.

Job - Yes I have a job. A very good job. Not that it's any of anyone's business. Makes buying EXP scrolls easy, although Ambrosia pots are dirt cheap now at 7k per, so I bout 10 of them when I got closer to 14.
  • arowz
    arowz
    Scyantific - 3 days is very doable, but you'd need a lot of dedication... Grinding vet levels was arduous. I needed a break after each vet level to rethink my life choices. At least going from 1-50 nets you a level up or 5 an hour... Vet levels were just solid blocks of time for very little gain every couple hours. Grats to your friend though, that's a 3 day grind I could not do.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I refuse to grind as it defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. If there is no enjoyment, then what's the point? Not judging, simply stating my own humble, ignorant opinion.

On topic. Congrats?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • arowz
    arowz
    Agreed on grinding. My character did ALL the quests... Got the full experience. No way I was doing it again. In similar fashion, never levellinng an alt with grinding ever again either.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK. You are on XBox, so no add-ons. On PC, one would tell you how many SP you had.

Why I Posted Here - not to brag. The AMA in the topic heading means ask me anything. Rather than post a power level guide (which I used to level and can easily be found by googling), I chose to answer specific questions from other players... You know, to help them..

I still dont understand why you think this will help anyone, especially not new players,.

All I can say is, see my signature. Its been the same since launch, except updating for level increases.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 20, 2015 4:14PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    OK. You are on XBox, so no add-ons. On PC, one would tell you how many SP you had.

Why I Posted Here - not to brag. The AMA in the topic heading means ask me anything. Rather than post a power level guide (which I used to level and can easily be found by googling), I chose to answer specific questions from other players... You know, to help them..

I still dont understand why you think this will help anyone, especially not new players,.

All I can say is, see my signature.

Just helped me by telling how the guy leveled.

Thanks @arowz
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Zuuman
    Zuuman
    ✭✭✭
    You clearly seeked some sort of fame or gratification from other players wich you wont get as its not and impressive time frame to reach v14. But still congrats on doing so.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recap:

@arowz achieves something in a videogame, and offer an "ask-me-anything" (a simple statement of willingness to provide information, asking nothing in return).

@artfuldodger accuses him of being unemployed, and asks a question.

@arowz, despite this, has the decency to answer artful.

Artful accuses arowz of bragging.

Others come and accuse him of being lazy, having no job and being a braggart.

Arowz has the decency to explain why he posted, and is still here providing helpful information (it may not help you, but someone else).

Hmm... Why exactly can some people not seem to help themselves from throwing negativity at others for no reason?

There are endless real problems in the world that one could point their weapons at.
    Edited by rb2001 on August 20, 2015 5:00PM
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    h8ers love to h8. Or h8erade or whatever the kids are saying now days. I actually enjoy taking my time and enjoying the content this time, but I'll certainly be grinding alts instead of repeating quests.

So valid questions I guess would be:

Ring of Mara?
    Ambrosia/XP Scrolls?
    ESO Member?
    PVP Campaign XP Bonus?
    What were the best vet farming areas?
    If you did it again, what would you do differently?
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a player helping player section, and you posted information about how fast you managed to achieve a level. Then you said "Questions" What did that mean? Are you offering help or just claiming bragging rights? The latter sounds to me like the answer.

What you have to bear in mind is, a lot of new players come hear seeking help, a lot of people who buy the game have no clue, yes like me, as to the whole set up and how to progress. You posting that in this section is neither informative or of any purpose other than to satisfy your own persona.

I am just debating the subject, nothing personally intended.

WOW! I think he was offering help/advise when he said, "Questions?".

anyways..

Great Job! It is taking me forever to level my vet.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    h8ers love to h8. Or h8erade or whatever the kids are saying now days. I actually enjoy taking my time and enjoying the content this time, but I'll certainly be grinding alts instead of repeating quests.

So valid questions I guess would be:

Ring of Mara?
    Ambrosia/XP Scrolls?
    ESO Member?
    PVP Campaign XP Bonus?
    What were the best vet farming areas?
    If you did it again, what would you do differently?

Yeah. My main does all the dialogue, quests, everything possible (within character), but with alts in the same alliance, it would definitely be a chore to do it all again.

My main has already done the saving Glenumbra and the whole world bit, there's no real enjoyment or reason (for me) to do it all over again with another character.
  • arowz
    arowz
    MKlun - I typically always had an exp scroll or ambrosia running during the vet levels. Used a few scrolls pre-vet, but not always. Levels 36-42 were a bit of a chore so I scrolled there. 22-36 were lightning quick so no scrolls. 42+ involved one scroll too I think.

ESO Plus was running

No ring of Mara

PVP exp bonus was always on (get it while it lasts!)

10% group bonus whenever I could.

The biggest bonus is obviously the scroll/potion, but really grouping is primo. You get a base 10% bonus provided it's just you and 1 other person, but you also get the exp from your group member's kills if they're in a pretty wide proximity of you. If you split spawns, you're effectively getting 200% exp. this is great for Alik'r where there's 3 good spots right next to each other.
  • arowz
    arowz
    MKlun - sorry I missed your last two questions:

Vets 1-4 were done AoE grinding with steel tornado at the Dreughs in Stonefalls. Tried every other spot in silver zones, none came close to that dreugh exp.

Vet 4 to 5.5 were obtained just by doing all the cadwell silver quests, no side quests, just those.

Vet 5.5 to 14 was done AoE grinding with steel tornado in the Necropolis in Alik'r (off peak only) and single kill farming NW of Troll's Toothpick in Bangkorai (can't do it if you've done the quest tho). Alik'r is super fast XP provided people are working together and NOT using ultimates. Can't stress the ultimate thing enough. Bangkorai is about 3/4 the speed of Alik'r, unless you have a friend doing it with you and killing the enemies you aren't killing. Then it's super fast.

What would I do differently? Not waste time trying to find better grind spots in Silver. There really are none. I didn't spend the time scouring Alik'r or Bangkorai tho, so there may be some spots I missed there. I'd probably sniff around a bit.

One thing I did right was crafting gear for my guy in advance and always crafting purple weapons. Helps kill things much quicker that way and having appropriately levelled armor will save you from dying. Made gear for levels 12, 22, 36, Vet 1, Vet 5 and Vet 10.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a couple notes @arowz :

The best spot is in Bankrorai (for AD) - 1h/vet level or shorter
    A soon as you're v1 blast through Cadwell's silver and go right to bankorai (better xp for at level mobs is not as good as lower xp at a better grind spot)
    don't bother upgrading to prurple, blue is sufficient
    only craft gear at lvl 26, v1 and v7 to save more time.
    gratz on you new v14!

Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    I was wrong saying what I said I admit it. I was being a complete and utter ***.
    -Johnny Depp
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I did right was crafting gear for my guy in advance and always crafting purple weapons. Helps kill things much quicker that way and having appropriately levelled armor will save you from dying. Made gear for levels 12, 22, 36, Vet 1, Vet 5 and Vet 10.

I'll add some additional tips to this gem: use exploration traits on your lower level gear to boost XP as you run through the early zones; and set gear that boosts spell or weapon damage (whichever compliments your build) to make aoe grinding more efficient.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • The_Boze
    The_Boze
    I don't know if it is the same on PC, but fungal grotto gives a level a run up until VR1 if you have the xp consumables. If you have a friend that can run you through it takes less than 10 minutes to get through so you are looking at ~6 levels an hour. I have not ran it as a vet level to know how much xp it gives for the simple fact I kind of do not want to see that dungeon again for awhile lol. But for leveling an alt it worked great. Even if you do not have a friend that can run you through it was fairly easy to solo the second boss which netted quite a large amount of xp without consumables. I don't know if it is the fastest, but I got my alt from 1-VR1 in two nights of about 5 hours each. Then work picked back up, and he is still only VR4 lol. Hope this can help someone out. As I'm sure it will eventually get nerfed.
  • arowz
    arowz
    Thanks for the additional tips everyone!

It's ok Artful. Appreciate you taking the time to come back and say that. Cuyler, are you refering to the zombies by evermore or somewhere else? I only ever did the trolls toothpick area. Best I could do there was 1.5-2 hours with a potion running.