The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Stamblade

sicc
sicc
✭✭✭
Just curious how the meta of this style of play has shifted. Is it still capable 1vX? Spamming dodge roll was lame but how are you surviving outnumbered engagements now?

Both my v14 classes seem to be taking survivability nerfs this patch.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The playstyle has definitely changed. You have signficantly less stamina regen now and bashing/blocking/breaking free unless separately bound will all stop your stam regeneration and reset your next "tick" by 2 seconds.

You're going to have to make adjustments but 1vX is still very doable....but more difficult than it was in 1.6
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sicc wrote: »
    Just curious how the meta of this style of play has shifted. Is it still capable 1vX? Spamming dodge roll was lame but how are you surviving outnumbered engagements now?

I am still able to roll out of stuff, particularly projectiles and gap closers. I was doing this with great success last night in the Memorial district of IC. Also you will want Rally and Vigor to help with this. I think within a 1 hour span of playing my NB on PTS last night my K/D was like 60/8. Which is not too bad considering all of the fights were 1vX and that X included mobs and that nasty SOB named Boss that drops circles everywhere. F him by the way.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • sicc
    sicc
    ✭✭✭
    Ok well that's good to hear. It just seems like they keep taking away things that make 1vX possible and eventually it will be zerg or die. My enjoyment comes from the challenge of 1vX. The day its not possible, I'm gone.

Thanks for the replies.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    The playstyle has definitely changed. You have signficantly less stamina regen now and bashing/blocking/breaking free unless separately bound will all stop your stam regeneration and reset your next "tick" by 2 seconds.

You're going to have to make adjustments but 1vX is still very doable....but more difficult than it was in 1.6

Only if you block something I think :P
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

I am still able to roll out of stuff, particularly projectiles and gap closers. I was doing this with great success last night in the Memorial district of IC. Also you will want Rally and Vigor to help with this. I think within a 1 hour span of playing my NB on PTS last night my K/D was like 60/8. Which is not too bad considering all of the fights were 1vX and that X included mobs and that nasty SOB named Boss that drops circles everywhere. F him by the way.

I'm lucky to get 2 or 3 kills for 1 death, but then again I've just been running headlong into groups and paying to regard no mobs.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on August 19, 2015 9:53PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • sicc
    sicc
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to ask if anyone has any footage, can't find any on the tube.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to ask if anyone has any footage, can't find any on the tube.

No I have not recorded any PTS footage yet. I thought I did last night (the reason I logged on in the first place) and apparently I forgot to load Shadowplay. I hit my hotkeys and everything, after about 2 hours of play I realized I goofed ;( Anyhow, pvp is a shitshow regardless, just log in and go to the temple district or memorial district, you will see :expressionless:
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Mr_Koh
    Mr_Koh
    ✭✭✭
    The 1vx isn't nearly what it was in 1.6, and it's doable in Imperial city, but I'm worried to how it will translate into open world. I think the timer on the Dodge roll nerf is simply too long and should be reduced.