The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

New vr15 recipes will not drop from writs?

YnotOrdauq
as i can see now on PTs i can fount em in IC only, in bags etc

do you guys experience the same?

i cannot get it from writs even if i up my skillline
or from different containers in other locatinos except IC
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the highest level writ boxes don't drop them?

That shouldn't be the case, since according to their notes:

"These recipes will produce Veteran Rank 15 foods and drinks, and can be found anywhere recipes would normally be found, including the Imperial City."

From that I would expect containers in vet zones and writ boxes to include them as well, unless they forgot to add it to the loot table.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"These recipes will produce Veteran Rank 15 foods and drinks, and can be found anywhere recipes would normally be found, including the Imperial City."

From that I would expect containers in vet zones and writ boxes to include them as well, unless they forgot to add it to the loot table.

Recipes match the level of the zone.. and since there are no VR15 zones.... I think maybe that's the catch? As well as far as I saw, there is no new "level" of crafting writ.. so maybe that's why they aren't dropping there?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Recipes match the level of the zone.. and since there are no VR15 zones.... I think maybe that's the catch? As well as far as I saw, there is no new "level" of crafting writ.. so maybe that's why they aren't dropping there?

Well, on live V10 recipes drop in regions lower than the V10 zones, so I don't think level is locked just like that. I believe it's a range, so I hope the existing loot table can be expanded to include this.

As for the other point the requirements of the writ are always tied to your passive skill level, and there is a 10th tier added to those skills. On the PTS even with 10 points the requirements and the rewards for completing tier 10 writs is the same as that for the tier 9 ones, so while I wouldn't be expecting the reward to be different, they have explicitly stated in their patch notes "anywhere where recipes can normally be found" (within a level range I'm assuming). This includes writ boxes, so if they don't drop something is wrong here.

Has anyone tried opening top level Prov boxes on the PTS? I play on NA and thus have no way of adequately testing this.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too, kinda figured it was working as intended, since many aspects of the crafting system have been shunted to very long Imperial City grinds. On the other hand, we didn't get any new IC-only provisioning materials, just the recipes, so this might not be in line with what they were planning! Bring it up in /bug and /feedback as well, just in case.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i really want a confirmation on this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, will provisioning writs drop vr15 recipies?
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this could cause a food shortage