The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Magicka NB PVE DPS test with new changes!

Kerioko
Kerioko
✭✭✭✭
This is just some base line testing with a v16 Dunmer NB template with some of the new armor. This is not a complete min/max build, but I do see some good improvements in magicka DPS mainly due to the synergy between Molag Kena set and Merciless Resolve.

Stats: Left side is unbuffed, Right side is buffed with Molag Kena and Entropy

stats_zpsrijjkwwe.png

Key note, I went with the new Prismatic enchants for armor. These enchants give around 500 in all 3 stats, compared to regular enchants that just give around 1K in only one stat. This allowed me to put all attribute points in magicka and still have 20K+ health (the 26K health in the image is from PVP buff)!

- With all magicka enchants and attributes split 16 in health and 48 in magicka, I had 21K health, 35K magicka and 13K stam with purple food.
- With the prismatic enchants and all attributes in magicka, I had 22K health, 37K magicka, and 16K stam with purple food (without PVP buff).
- So it looks like the prismatic armor enchants with all points in main stat may be the best way to go to min/max

Armor:

armor_zpsqwzgiwue.png

Key note, I used two piece (staff and chest) noble conquest for this test. On live, I would probably go two piece Torug's Pact for the added spell damage.
- My current build on live is 4 martial knowledge, 2 cyrodiil light, 3 arch mage, 2 Torug's Pact with 5 light, 1 med, 1 light...this gives me 5 spell damage buffs!
- Set-up here is 4 Overwhelming Surge, 3 Willpower Jewelry, 2 Molag Kena, 2 Noble conquest (will be Torag's on live).
- My spell damage on live is around 2.8K when fully buffed, my spell damage on PTS with this set-up is 3.6K fully buffed.

The new rotation to maximize dps: Note LA = light attack weave

On live my core rotation is: Merciless resolve buff - entropy + LA --> cripple + LA --> funnel + LA x 6 --> Merciless resolve arrow --> repeat
-This rotation gives me about 10-12K dps without ultimates, warhorn buffs, or debuffs on target.

My new rotation on PTS is: buff with entropy and merciless resolve then apply cripple. Then 2 light attacks followed by 3 funnel weaves and launching merciless resolve. This can be done twice before you reapply cripple and entropy.

By using this rotation, I launch merciless resolve whenever it is up and the constant rotation of double light attacks keeps up the 6 second buff of molaf kena.

Screenshot_20150819_034431_zpsfdo6qg37.png

I averaged 12-15K dps from this rotation without use of ultimates, warhorn buffs, or debuffs on target. On live, with a perfect rotation, ultimates, and buffs/debuffs, this set-up should pull 18-20K dps and bring magicka NBs up to par with other classes on end-game dps.

NOTE: Even with all spell damage enchants my funnel health base costs is 900, with molag kena buff up, it is slightly over 1200, meaning it is still a viable spam skill even with the 33% increased cost!
Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
Cor-Leonis
friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Wisler89
    Wisler89
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good on first look, I'm playing around with a similar setup idea for my Sorc but I fear the abiltiy costs would become to expensive. On NB it is easier because Funnel Health has such a low base cost.
    It would be better if you made your dps-tests on some bosses preferably in your v10 area or craglorn. 9 seconds fights don't say much honestly.
    Eclaire Farron, V16 Sorc
    Claire Etro, V16 NB
    Leveling a DK and Temp because I'm bored
    Server: EU - AD, Guild: Lux Dei
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was just testing the core repeating rotation of 8 seconds, and it stayed pretty on par (between 12 and 15K). I tested a similar rotation of 2 light attacks + cripple with funnel light attack weave x 4 repeated every 6-8 seconds and got 17K on blood spawn earlier today. As soon as I get better with the above rotation and get me some torug's pieces, I will test this rotation on longer fights with all buffs up!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really with the prismatic enchants zos O.o not that useful for pve as you only want to barely get enough health and then everything else into mag but, for pvp these are going to be stupidly important. Allowing players more health than in live, more stam than in live and just slightly less magicka or slightly less stam andbmore magicka depending on the build. The amounts on these enchants need to be nerfed down to like 350 for mag and stam and then 409 for health otherwise you're going to see everyone needing prismatic enchants to be competitive. Anyway glad to see nbs becoming decent. Will b interesting to see how the other classes will compare to dk now.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor