Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Buying Sorcerer Gear?

snot369
snot369
Hey all,

can you buy light armour gear that's already enchanted? I know you can find it in drops and dungeons but can you actually buy it?

I'm relatively new to ESO and have a lvl 20 Breton sorcerer and I'm getting a little confused by the gear. From what I've read you're best making your own so I've started investing in enchanting (lvl 10), clothing (lvl 8) and woodworking (lvl 9). However the stuff I'm making still isn't that good. I want all light armour and I'm struggling to find various pieces to make a full light armour set. Any ideas?

Cheers in advanced!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. You can buy from Guild Stores. There's usually multiple in each city, so if one isn't selling just try another. The guild stores will show up on your map so they are easy to find.
    However, I'd always recommend crafting your own as soon as possible - it's much cheaper because you won't have to keep buying new sets.
  • snot369
    snot369
    Right so guild stores are places where players from a guild sell all the loot they've found and don't want? Sounds good I'll check it out thanks!

Yeah at the moment everything I've created I've deconstructed so I can reinvest to gain more experience. I think I'm going to need to stop that.
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    snot369 wrote: »
    Right so guild stores are places where players from a guild sell all the loot they've found and don't want?

That's not technically true. While that is one use of the guild stores, people also use the guild store to sell items they've crafted themselves. Depending on what guild you're in and your level of crafting, it can be a pretty good way to earn gold.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah at the moment everything I've created I've deconstructed so I can reinvest to gain more experience. I think I'm going to need to stop that.

When you decon something you make, about all you get back of use is a Temper used to improve it.

You can Enchant any piece of gear, or even change the Enchant on a piece of gear. While I agree that crafting is the way to go, until your level 40 or so, it makes more sense to just buy Glyphs from the in game Enchanter Vendors and apply them to the gear you want to use. Reason, it costs as much for the raw mats as it does to just buy the finished Glyphs already made. Note, sometimes you can find finished glyphs in the guild stores, so look for those there too. If the crafter is smart, they list them for less than the in game vendors charge.

Your best source of gear until you can make it are drops from mobs, as it is not always easy to find low level gear in guild stores. It is there, but not as often as end game gear is. So, don't worry about the enchant on a piece of gear you find or buy, just change it to something you want.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Hey all,

can you buy light armour gear that's already enchanted? I know you can find it in drops and dungeons but can you actually buy it?

I'm relatively new to ESO and have a lvl 20 Breton sorcerer and I'm getting a little confused by the gear. From what I've read you're best making your own so I've started investing in enchanting (lvl 10), clothing (lvl 8) and woodworking (lvl 9). However the stuff I'm making still isn't that good. I want all light armour and I'm struggling to find various pieces to make a full light armour set. Any ideas?

Cheers in advanced!

I'm confused. 95% of the time I could create armor better than what drops. Do you mean better enchantments? Or armor levels?

You do know you can switch between different materials (and the quantity) of material used. So you should be able to make level 20 armor with Flax material (if you are using light armor).
  • Willy8257
    Willy8257
    I am a clothier/enchanter and the advice I can give is

1) research as often as possible and decon everything else (if you don't use medium armor then don't worry about researching it until later on)
    2) put as many skill points in the passives as possible
    3) don't decon what you make or what you purchase from NPCs
    4) put all mats in the bank; whether it's runes, raw mats, trait items, anything. It all adds up over time
    5) do the writs
    6) (optional) find a partner to trade research traits or glyphs with

If you're like me and like to fully complete a zone before moving on to the next, you're character level will be higher than what you are capable to craft. This won't change until you reach VR
  • snot369
    snot369
    Cheers for the info everyone! Appreciate it!